Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW Intent to Resubscribe Poll

The intent of this poll is to explore issues of player retention in TSW.

We know what Funcom projected in terms of box purchases and player retention over the first year:

Target scenario

• Client sales 30 % higher than Age of Conan
  • Majority of digital client sales
  • Subs/client price as Age of Conan
  • In-game store sales/uptick amounting to 35 % of subs. revenue
  • Healthy retention; 490,000 average subscribers
There is a shareholder update coming on August 8th so perhaps there will be an update at that point.

Based on your in-game experience, which of these categories most closely describes your plans?

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

Comments

• KraylorKraylor Member Posts: 94

I am enjoying the game and resubbing.  That being said, I'm not a big fan of themeparks and while this one "feels" much different than the other ones to me, it does not currently have enough elements to keep me subscribed for the long haul.

I'll play until I'm not having fun anymore and realistic in that might only be for a few months unless some radical changes are made to crafting, pvp, and other aspects.

Waiting on: The Repopulation

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I enjoy the game for the most part but will wait a few months atleast before I sub if I do. Probably a month here and there for me.
  • YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

I only intended to try out the Secret World on this weekend to help tide me over before college, and maybe before i bought Guild Wars 2.

But I found it rather enjoyable, but I don't want to spend that kind of money (box and sub), and there is no way in hell I'll spend for both!

I feel so conflicted.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I played the betas and then I only played for like a week in my first free month which ends in a couple days but im not resubbing. I enjoyed the dark and lovecraft setting and lore, also some types of quests. I didnt enjoy the combat, the limitation of 7 active skills at any time was a slap in my face. I didnt enjoy the monologues of every npc while im just listening and doing nothing. I liked the voice overs but if i cant hear my character speaking to the NPCs then i dont need to hear the npcs either.... i prefer that either both player and npc speak or both are silent IMO.

The following paragraph is not a reason why im not resubbing, just a personal opinion:

If the game is supposed to have a classless system only based on weapons, then the LF Tank and Healer killed the classless system for me.... and the Decks are just an incentive for everyone to stop being classless. The "classless game" is a lie, as false as "theres no levels" since you have to grind the same experience to progress with skills just like other games do with level progression. The classless and lack of levels is just a disguise IMO but it works fine so im not complaining about that. Though i wish there was no holy trinity since theres no "class / level"

EDIT: forgot to add in the first paragraph that during the week i played i got to Blue mountain (the third map) and i only enjoyed Kingsmouth and part of BM... didnt enjoy Savage Coast at all. Although im still curious about Transylvania and Egypt i wont sub just to see those maps then quit again :/

• rusrecrusrec Member UncommonPosts: 52

62 votes, 5 comments.  This poll would be more beneficial if it required an actual account to vote since your intent is to poll current/recent subscribers.

As for myself, Im enjoying it more than any other game out there, and looking forward to each months updates.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by rusrec

62 votes, 5 comments.  This poll would be more beneficial if it required an actual account to vote since your intent is to poll current/recent subscribers.

As for myself, Im enjoying it more than any other game out there, and looking forward to each months updates.

I agree, if there was a way, I'd first screen for active or recent subscribers, but participant selection can't be controlled, at least as far as I can tell.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    What I dont ike about these polls is that anyone can vote.  The problem is I have is this.  I know four members who voted on this poll who don't play the game.  One played during beta and the other three have never played.  They all voted as not renewing even though they never really played.  Unfotunately, this creates a problem with validity.  Of course the exact opposite could also happen as well.  While I applaud the idea, I don't trust the validity aspect to properly gage a true or even reliable result.
  • BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by Derpybird
    Originally posted by rusrec

I agree, if there was a way, I'd first screen for active or recent subscribers, but participant selection can't be controlled, at least as far as I can tell.

For someone with no interest in TSW you sure do seem to have a lot of interest in who likes it and who doesnt.

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    you sure you can do a poll like this on a [mod edit] on mmorpg.com, who dislikes everything comming through their way?:D
  • p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by Vapors
    you sure you can do a poll like this on a gw2 fanboy community like on mmorpg.com, who dislikes everything comming through their way?:D

if you see the results you can see most of people just want see the results of poll. im a gw2 fan and i vote neutral, just curious to see the result.  if was like you say you will never saw results like you can see on that poll,  isnt hard to understand that, or at least shouldnt be hard.

but the easy way is complain about GW2 players...

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

Well after reading all the threats called "WOWKILLER" "WOW WILL GET HURT" "BEST COMBAT EVER?"

Im pretty sure GW2 fanboys are on the top of "nothing else matters"

Also its VERY strange that like 98% of the ingame players are writing how awesome the game is and that they already bought lifetime. As fast you log on mmorpg.com and watch the forums, everyone dislikes it.

Is it the 2% of ingame players who dislike it or is it the bad attitude of some GW2. Im not pretty sure. But I love keep reading the hypes threats of gw2.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    What I dont ike about these polls is that anyone can vote.  The problem is I have is this.  I know four members who voted on this poll who don't play the game.  One played during beta and the other three have never played.  They all voted as not renewing even though they never really played.  Unfotunately, this creates a problem with validity.  Of course the exact opposite could also happen as well.  While I applaud the idea, I don't trust the validity aspect to properly gage a true or even reliable result.

What sort of people do you hang around with?  The beta player I might understand, it is irrational for the other 3 to vote the way they did considering they could have selected view the results or one of the other choices.

Odds on you knowing 3 such people are slim actually, (what, did you all get together on twitter and discuss on whether or not to post invalid results in the post?)  so perhaps you are just trying to cast a shadow on the entire results.

I rescribed as of this morning, just moved out of Solomon Island and on to Egypt last evening so at the present rate I'll get another month or two out of the game at least, which is all that I can ask for from a theme park game.  Then on to GW2 after the rush dies down.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Theres enough content for me to resub and I did. I put in a lot of hours to the game, and am doing nightmare runs.   I really love the game, It is fresh and different.  I hope the content lasts for me to keep subbing.
  • huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354
    I assume this is skewed due to the free weekend and beta players voting. That being said, it's still pretty well spread out amongst resub and not resub at the moment. Once the haters wake up I expect the results to take a dive into "won't resub" territory.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    I expect the responses will be similar to this existing thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/358553/Will-You-Subscribe-Thread.html
  • huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354
    Thanks Darwa! It looks like 45-55% retention(obv too small of survey sample to draw conclusive results) which should be a decent success for Funcom. Let's see if they can continue this with their content release schedule.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.