Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the BWE changed your thoughts on purchasing GW2? Revisited.

2»

Comments

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    I pre-purchased the day it was announced and I don't regret the decision.  It is a fun game and one that will be in my MMO rotation. :)
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

Well, not really.

I mean, I was very, very hyped about GW2 before the first BWE. When I finally got to play, I was pretty disappointed - to be honest. However, there's no denying that the B2P model is very alluring - and there's just no way I won't have fun for a week or two.

It's not a bad game at all - and I can definitely see how it's a perfect fit for people who're into the genre for different reasons than myself. I think it's going to be fantastic for casual/mainstream gamers who just want to "have fun" with friends - without worrying about the long-term horizon. Most players are like that, probably.

So, while the BWEs let me down - they didn't dissuade me from buying the game.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

pre purchased and played all the BWEs!

Outstanding game! Not a WoW clone!

It brings a newness to MMO's that has been needed for some time

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Pre-purchased the digital deluxe and never looked back.

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

I ended up with a BWE3 code and decided to check it out before 100% writing it off. After 14 or so hours of play, I prepurchased and have been drooling and twitching ever since.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by Torgrim

I got a BW key from some random dude on this site.

At first I wasent that intressted in GW 2 due to the fact I didnt like GW 1, but I heard and read some and I thought damn the hype is strong in this one.

So without any thoughts if GW2 is a great game or a bad game I jumped in late friday night in BW3.

I was stunned how fun the game really was, I never excpected this.

So monday after BW3 I preorder delux edition so I can join the 3 days headstart and got some ingame items aswell.

It has been several years since last time I have had so much fun in a game and I havent had this feeling since Baldurs Gate 2 release, I feel like a kid waiting for chrismas all over again.

Huh? Weren't you a poster that claimed to have played the game for a while (before BWE3)? And have you decided to join the ranks of the "fanboys" you so dislike? image

As for me, yeah the demos changed my opinion somewhat. Back when GW2 was GW: Utopia, I was higly anticipating the game. I wasn't expecting anything different from GW1 except new locations, skills, armors etc. Surprisingly when I played the BWEs the game was better than I could've hoped for. I really think this game has the potential to be a great game if the devs add some more depth to the game. Throughout the demos, the dev team's ability to compromise, to take or ignore user feedback has been promising. And even if they don't add anymore depth to the game, I'm still impressed and believe that it is worth every red cent.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Number 2 for me - I burned out on Age of Conan and the endless bullshit from Funcom. I only stayed there a long time because I love the whole Conan schtick. The recent movie was crapola too - such a shame.

So anyway - I approached GW2 cautiously.

Anyway - GW2 does what it says on the tin so far, bug and game-issue responses are light speed compared to other companies and the other pertinent elements lead me to logically conclude the game will be good, and true to what ANet have said it will be.

No facts to support the contrary viewpoint at the moment, which is why troll posts are so desperately short on fact and so predictably long on opinion.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    You forgot the "i already purchased it" option.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by friednietz

Huh? Weren't you a poster that claimed to have played the game for a while (before BWE3)? And have you decided to join the ranks of the "fanboys" you so dislike? image

Yes I was wrong and yes I played before BW3 at a friends house, didn't see the point at the time It didn't looked that special, maby beacuse my mind was set on  "meh", I just ran around did few things drank some beers got somewhat drunk and so on.

But when I finally got my key I really sat down that weekend to see what all the fuzz really was about, then I fell in love with it didn't see it back then but when I played alone really played it i saw the potenial iI saw the light.

I don't see my self as a fanboy but more like a semi one.

So do please forgive me I won't type while drunk again I promise.

Friends 4ever?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I have been following it for a long while and I fully intend on playing after the BWEs.

It's everything I expected, and more tbh.

• friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by friednietz

I got a BW key from some random dude on this site.

At first I wasent that intressted in GW 2 due to the fact I didnt like GW 1, but I heard and read some and I thought damn the hype is strong in this one.

So without any thoughts if GW2 is a great game or a bad game I jumped in late friday night in BW3.

I was stunned how fun the game really was, I never excpected this.

So monday after BW3 I preorder delux edition so I can join the 3 days headstart and got some ingame items aswell.

It has been several years since last time I have had so much fun in a game and I havent had this feeling since Baldurs Gate 2 release, I feel like a kid waiting for chrismas all over again.

Yes I was wrong and yes I played before BW3 at a friends house, didn't see the point at the time It didn't looked that special, maby beacuse my mind was set on  "meh", I just ran around did few things drank some beers got somewhat drunk and so on.

But when I finally got my key I really sat down that weekend to see what all the fuzz really was about, then I fell in love with it didn't see it back then but when I played alone really played it i saw the potenial iI saw the light.

I don't see my self as a fanboy but more like a semi one.

So do please forgive me I won't type while drunk again I promise.

Friends 4ever?

lol well I appreciate your candid reply. I hope you get your money's worth come Aug. 25th!

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    flawed poll, where is " had preorder or two, canceled after bwe3 " ?
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Got to experience it a bit before the official BWEs and that was enough to convince me to prepurchase not only the CE for myself but two digi-deluxe for the kids. Now that we've gone through the BWEs I have no doubts it was the right choice. For my inner fanboy, "Best Game EVER!". For my inner skeptic, easily the best game I've personally played to date.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420
    Originally posted by Smikis
    flawed poll, where is " had preorder or two, canceled after bwe3 " ?

I missed that option from the original.  My bad.  However, that should increase the never going to play the game response.  shouldn't make much of a difference....this isn't science or anything. ;-)

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Since I prepurchased to be in the BWE this poll does not cover my choice. But the BWE did convince me I made a good decision.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760