Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Micheal Sheard (Admiral Ozzel) dies....

You would remember him as Admiral Ozzel in ESB. He was the one choked by Vader for bringing the fleet out of hyperspace to early.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4200884.stm

His Homepage....

http://www.michaelsheard.com/

Figured some of you would want to know. I always loved the Imperials so I keep up on who is who and who is in the news.

Kai

Comments

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

You are in command now....Admiral Piett.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

From what I remember in the EU, Admiral Ozzel was actually a rebel sympathizer and pulled the fleet out of hyperspace early on purpose, to give the rebels some warning so they would have a chance to escape Hoth.

Micheal Sheard was an amazing actor. He played Hitler 5 times including in Indiana Jones' movies and Dirty Dozen 2. He was also in Grange Hill. A nice british TV show. Too bad he never went fully main stream.

A bit of trivia for you. Did you know that Treat Williams played rebel officer on Hoth and a Cloud City guard in ESB? Also James Ratzenberger (sp?) from Cheers played a Rebel in that movie. Interesting eh?

Kai

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

Is it James? I think it's John, not sure though and too tired to go look heh.

Anyway no I didn't know that.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

wow he makes a better Hitler...

Thats him!

Also..yeah the Postman guy from Cheers was on ESB

He was a rebel grunt at Hoth who belted out the historic lines to Han Solo

"But your Ton Ton will freeze before the 7th (?) marker"

And...as typical to a George Lucas line...he managed to screw it up lol. It sounded so ....High School drama clubish

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893

"Your Taun-Taun will freeze before you reach the 1st marker!"

Then follows one of the greatest Star Wars lines ever.

"Then I'll see you in hell, YAH!"  image