Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: 125,000 Sign Up For Alpha

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

It seems that there are too many people interested in trying out the Dungeons and Dragons Online Alpha test. Obviously, this is good news for the game's developers at Turbine, but bad news for at least some of the players who signed up, hoping to get a place in the game's Alpha test. Jeffrey Anderson (Turbine President and CEO), in an interview with "The Adrenaline Vault" said that they could only accommodate a few thousand of the over 125,000 who hoped to get an invite.

Turbine is thrilled to announce that over 125,000 people have now signed up for a chance to participate in our Alpha.

"We appreciate everyone's excitement and support for the title," said Jeffrey Anderson, president and CEO of Turbine, Inc. More players will be invited to enter the dungeons soon as the game approaches its Beta milestone.

The good news for the thousands who will not receive an invite into the Alpha test is that the alpha registrants will be automatically considered for the game's Beta program.

For more on this and other DDO news, click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

125k signature for alpha!!!  Not even sure Blizzard did that!  I means, it is alpha only!  I am sure Smedley is dead jealous as we speak (normal to be, I would be).

And this is a blank check!  Let's see if Turbines will prove worthy of this blank check from the fanbase or be a major deception.  My opinion doesnt matters, let's see how the fanbase react to those choices.

125k for alpha...this franchise has a stronger fanbase then any other...even if the game would be a complete flop, it would prolly beat any SoE product just because of it name and the past work from great companies like Black Isle.

The story of Turbines will be heard, for the better and for the worst!  Be sure to call for the speakers of all nations, the camera is shifting on them!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599

Indeed , who has more fanboys than D&D ?

And after all I heard about the game , i can tell you that about 99% i didnt like...
    Still i am waiting in anticipation.

Well atleast untul NWN2 comes out ::::22::

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by Rattrap
    Indeed , who has more fanboys than D&D ?

Blizzard I think ::::28::

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.