Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need fun games

I might be missing something but after playing pretty much all the mmorpgs out right now and a couple in beta I have to say so far I dont find any of them really fun. Are mmorpgs not for me or something? Hehe.. Anyone know any fun online roleplaying games?

Comments

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335

Well, if you've played all the big ones - EQ, DAOC, UO, AC - and none of them intrigue you, then it's possible that RP games are not your cup of tea. 

You don't, however, explain why you don't like them.  That makes it difficult to suggest one with elements you will enjoy or steer you away from those with elements you don't like. 

• CassandraRCassandraR Member Posts: 29

Hrm.. I like storylines, and talking with people, and fighting things, and doing quests but I really dislike the grind of it all. I did a quest but I died in the last room and had no way to get back there with my group so I had to sit out. And I generally cant find any good groups of people that would help me and chat with me and do all sorts of junk with me. The grind though is the worst. I start over with every new game and have to slowly build up everything all over again and its not really all that fun past the first time or two even with a new game.

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

I think I understand where you wana go. You wana play a MMORPG without feeling the urge or a like?

As far I know Mythica will focus on the hero feel I guess you can play about in that and expirience leveling as such. hmm i hope i am not mixing up game with what is coming nexted I believe UXO is also going in that general direction but staying more RPG like.

As for nice mmorpg groups well I was always very luckly with that always finding realy rare gems of online friends (ending up pooling our treasure, money, amd rare item and so on). I know this does not help you. Maybe you could try to play with some real life friends as I do lately were are a group of 5+ player older than 30+ working/family but still manage to play regular together. Or if that not possible try concentrating on few sympatic indeviduals share with them or gift them now and again with meaningfull stuff you'll see it will get an own dynamic of its own.

I personly always start out as an lonewolf/solo player because that the way i like it I got everything under controll can, refine tactics, test random stuff but someHow i always end up as senior member off an guild even wonce I ended up as a Monarch of not even to small monarchie without even have having recruit 1 vassal. we had a lot of fun but had not know how much work an monarch has ouch ill never wana be one again.

I only can repeat my self being friendly to other giving stuff that hurts a little you won't have to wait long to find ur self in a fine group that treats you likewise.

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.

Oh im always friendly, but my generally method of playing mmorpgs is to go lonewolf and solo content while chatting with friends on a guild line or something. I dont really like groups all that much because I always seem to find the bad apples or get frustrated over how some people act. Which is why most of my characters get to high levels without any good equipment or anything like that. Its hard to do but I like it mostly.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I get where you're going with this psibot.  I'm 23, married and have two small kids.  I still find time to play with my older friends.  We understand how the game works and know how to have fun for a couple hours.  I've been very lucky to find complete strangers to group with who shares loot, etc.

I guess it's going to take you a bit before you find the "right" game for "you".  I've been around long enough to play most games,  or know enough about them...  that's another reason why I'm working for this site...  image

How long have you been playing MMORPGs?  Me... since ALPHA stages of UO. :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

hi djin

Actually I started very late with MMORPGs about AC1 somehow online games had always earned my antipathie. Looking back I regret not having started with UO but humans err.

Well the time was not wasted  though I enjoyed my PnP RPG sesions with firends at that time. I do love my RPGs and have been playing them over 20 years now. MMORPG have been a fine replacement for PnP RPG nice it make meating up more easy. hehe.

Somehow lately the gameplay in MMORPG is fading and I can see I am not the only one. It is getting time for some fresh approaches I am waiting for the day MMORPG get the creativeness and atmosphere PnP RPG do then i'll let myself get digitialised into VR of course I'll ask my wife to come along then and the kids wont mind missing school either i think ;)

---

Originally posted by CassandraR
    Oh im always friendly, but my generally method of playing mmorpgs is to go lonewolf and solo content while chatting with friends on a guild line or something. I dont really like groups all that much because I always seem to find the bad apples or get frustrated over how some people act. Which is why most of my characters get to high levels without any good equipment or anything like that. Its hard to do but I like it mostly.

I know what you mean. I also had to learn that the hard way what I realy dont like e.g. Force Grouping(EQII) simply does not work for me. Having to fit under a hat with an random bunch most of the time is simply to strainious sorry my online friends or RL are not always online. The second thing I learned the what company understands under friedly to a casual gamer means for me I dont want that game.

Ups I am losing me red thread. Well from your last post you seem to be doing well and having lots of fun since ur always highlvl ;) There is an whole batch of mmorpg coming down the road but few are solo orientated. those I mentioned before (Mythica, UXO)are and others are still far of to me kownledge.

---

I started with muds really. I played one mud for like about 5 years. I tryed some MMORPGs like UO and EQ but they didnt hold my interest long. The first one I spent more then a few days on was AO which I played for about 6 months and still play on and off. About 1/2 to 2 years ago.

• sleepyguyftlsleepyguyftl Member Posts: 648
    Actually you might like Earth and Beyond.  I played it for 9 months. Only stopped playing because I basically did everything until more patches are released.

• SilveradoSilverado Member Posts: 41

Well, I am in a kind of chill job and I am thinking about rekindling some of my teenage love of D&D and am here to kind of get edumicated in the world of RPG games. Since I am no longer in the position where I can get all my friends together and be a DM -- and I am out of graph paper and lost all my hex dice -- I to am looking for a fun game. Unlike you, though, I have never played many of these and would like to know where to start.

• holmes696holmes696 Member Posts: 3

dont be fooled by the first look, kings of chaos is a great free online game.

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=s8p8n6k2

Check it out and please gimme some love by clicking my link and giving me an extra guy.  :)

• SilveradoSilverado Member Posts: 41

Yo Holmes:

I clicked and gave you some love. I am checking it out as we speak! Yo.