Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game was made by idiots!

zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

There are quests that have monsters that instead of attacking when you attack them keep running a pre-determined path. but they also only stay on the map for about 10 sceonds. so they are impossible to solo! What is a player to do when they can not find other players who need to kill the same thing at the same time? Becoming 20 levels thant the quest would enable a kill but make the quest redundant!

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by zastroph
    There are quests that have monsters that instead of attacking when you attack them keep running a pre-determined path. but they also only stay on the map for about 10 sceonds. so they are impossible to solo! What is a player to do when they can not find other players who need to kill the same thing at the same time? Becoming 20 levels thant the quest would enable a kill but make the quest redundant!

Sorry, Aion always had an emphasis on group content.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• cyricsoncyricson Member UncommonPosts: 129

Hehe, if only that was the greatest problem with all mmos! If that is your only problem with the game you play then trust me, KEEP PLAYING!

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

I really liked most aspects of this game, the only thing that was a major letdown was once i hit lvl 20 it seemed that i had to rest after every battle on my cleric, so I stoped playing.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Sounds like a gimmick quest.  Unless it's critical to your build, skip it and move on.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Have you ever heard about the children game "tag"?

You know. When one guy is running away from you and the idea and fun part is to catch him?

Must suck realizing you failed to even comprehend a simple game of "tag" played against a pretty dumb npc following a simple path literaly millions of other player at adequate levels could easily accomplish multiple times alone, often even without any effort, before you. I mean for gods sake, hes even running in a CIRCLE. How hard is it to outrun that ... the only "hard" part is to dish out enough damage at early levels but its far from impossible

How do you actually chase something that is not there? Yes, this monster runs a set path, but if you actually follow it, it is not in game for very long! I have a cleric which on using a root skill, is able to do about half damage to it, after which it runs for about another 5 seconds, then simply disappears. No, it is not too far away, there are other monsters in view that a lot further away, which are still visible. It actually has the teleport gfx effect hapen when it disappears.

So, i ask again, how do you kill something like this! (Think before you answer with such lame sarcasm!)
  • PanteraRosaPanteraRosa Member UncommonPosts: 35

err.. its still just a game right?

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Never played the game, but the title gave me a chuckle.

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by zastroph
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Have you ever heard about the children game "tag"?

You know. When one guy is running away from you and the idea and fun part is to catch him?

Must suck realizing you failed to even comprehend a simple game of "tag" played against a pretty dumb npc following a simple path literaly millions of other player at adequate levels could easily accomplish multiple times alone, often even without any effort, before you. I mean for gods sake, hes even running in a CIRCLE. How hard is it to outrun that ... the only "hard" part is to dish out enough damage at early levels but its far from impossible

How do you actually chase something that is not there? Yes, this monster runs a set path, but if you actually follow it, it is not in game for very long! I have a cleric which on using a root skill, is able to do about half damage to it, after which it runs for about another 5 seconds, then simply disappears. No, it is not too far away, there are other monsters in view that a lot further away, which are still visible. It actually has the teleport gfx effect hapen when it disappears.

So, i ask again, how do you kill something like this! (Think before you answer with such lame sarcasm!)

I grouped with someone to do the quest, but my partner ended up not paying attention to the spawn, so I soloed the guy.

Pretty much he follows a set path and if you fall behind him, you'll need to shortcut inside his loop area to run into him again to do more damage.  Stuns, snares and anything else you have or can obtain will help a little, but just keeping up with him and catching back up when you fall behind is more important.  Oh yeah make sure you use a 30% run scroll.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

Thanks for replying, I've tried all of that, but am unable to kill it!

I'm actually on the verge of quitting this game, at lvl 30 it becomes to hard to play! It is almost impossible to find a pt, and impossible to solo in the game! I just got killed by a boss that I should have finished with 10 lvls ago, but because I can't find a group doing the same quest at the same time, it's impossible. I tried it solo, and the game cheated and created about 6 other monsters to help the boss kill me! and then theres that pathetic skill or what ever you want to call it, that when you try to run, you get dragged 10 meters backwards! so no hope of escape!

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

sry but it sounds to me like u have absolutely no skills for playin any mmo. that quest u are talkin about is so damn easy..i have done it with all of my toons. hard to lvl solo? realy? i easily solo the game from 1-55 (playin eu version :p) with no problems.

only advice i can give u is to join a freakin guild/legion and let the people teach u how to play the game.