Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Making New Pc Please

JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
Hey all, I want to make a Pc that can play the most stressful game Out there to date at the highest possible graphics. I'm not sure what kind of hardware I'd need. I know I need a motherboard, processor and ram but other than that idk. Well, besides a power supply unit as well. All I need help is picking the new pieces of hardware.

So at the moment I have a

GTX 460 graphics card which I guess doesn't really need to be upgraded. But I should upgrade everything else.

I have a P5Ne-sli motherboard

I believe a intel core 2 duo 3.30ghz processor, could be wrong.

4gb ram

So, anyone have any suggestions?

Also, what game is it that's the most "stressful" and highest quality graphic game?

Thanks
Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV

Comments

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Sorry for spacing, on iPod.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

What's your budget?

Also, what's your view on graphical settings?  The hardware you'll need to run everything at max settings is much greater than the hardware you'll need to run everything at high settings, which is itself much greater than the hardware you'll need to run everything at low settings.

$550 maybe, also what do you mean what's my view on graphical settings? I'd like to be able to play any game at full graphics with great framerate and no "client" lag.

Welll, no graphic lag.

• aegolinaegolin Member UncommonPosts: 17

I assume Quizz meant a couple of things, first whats your display native resolution (1920x1080, 1900x1200,2560x1440, 2560x1600?), and second what are your spectations: DX9 ol'spice or DX11 full tesselation, HBAO, FXAA AF and motion blur. 'Cause if youre aiming to such High settings your 460 will fall very short, and the 670 you should be buying will consume around 400$ of your precious budget . As far as games go, its not easy benchmark MMOs for example compared to single player games or modes like in Batman Arhk city or Battlefield 3. Your graphic lag in a MMO will fluctuate a lot depending on the number of chars in your screen, type and quality of shadows and lightning, and optimization of the games engine (try EQ2 at max settings  XD). So a superb combination nowadays would be a Z77 MB, 8GB RAM, i5 2500k or 3570K, GK670 or AMD7970.

Enjoy

If you want to max settings in everything, then you should increase your budget by about $1000 or so.

On a $550 budget, I'd say you keep the video card for now.  You should probably replace the processor, motherboard, and memory.   That will require replacing the OS license.

What else do you have in the system?  In particular, which case, power supply, optical drive, and hard drive?  The optical drive can probably be reused.  The case might be reusable.  I'd lean toward replacing the power supply, though it depends on what you have.  The hard drive is probably old enough that it shouldn't be relied upon much longer.

Also, do you need any new peripherals (monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, surge protector)?  It's common to buy a new computer while keeping your old peripherals, since it's easy to replace peripherals independently of everything else.

I don't necessarily need any new peripherals. Pretty much just new hardware.

My dad did some looking around for me and came up with this;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116506

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314H

with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 

How would this run high end games?

Also, he did put down windows 7 as a new upgrade too.

I also prefer DX11 with everything turned up all the way (all the options that improve graphics).

Bump

What you should get depends tremendously on which other components you can keep.  If you have to replace everything except for the video card, then you'll need to leave room in your budget for other things and not spend it all on the processor and motherboard.  Which is why I asked you before:  exactly which other components do you have in your current system, besides the video card?

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Quizzical

If you want to max settings in everything, then you should increase your budget by about $1000 or so.

That isn't really necessary, I spent around 550 bucks and I have all my settings maxed with great fps.

Advice to OP, if your going to just try to throw your current build out of the water, first thing you want to look at is what motherboard you are going to get, I suggest you get a Asus motherboard, that can at least take on 16GB of ram, assuming 16 GB of ram will be able to handle the next generation technology games as the technology grows.

I also want to say the new pc should last 6-8 years if you take care of it very well. After you picked your motherboard that can handle lots of good pc unit parts then you follow your motherboard formula. Your cpu is good enough so i wouldn't go for something better unless that cpu has been with you for a very long time. Depending on your age of your current build get a new build. You need at least 8GB of ram, 2 sticks which costs only 50 bucks on amazon. Get a 600 watt powersupply. Make sure your asus motherboard supports AMD technology because AMD cards are very good gaming cards. If your searching for a gpu take a look at videocardbenchmark.net. That will help you.

PS: Get your parts on amazon, cheap and good deals, and don't go for quick shipping, be patient and wait a week.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

Thanks all for the help.

Finished upgrading my pc and is running great.