Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Sad Day =(

Comments

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

I hate it when people blame F2P or B2P games for this.

Sub games dont have kids or trolls? WoW is a sub game and it's full of them.

• sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

I vote that when we get tells like this we should all RP like an overacting ren faire charecter.

"verily sir I do not know who this "tryhard" is but I will most assuradly will inform him that his is a "nob" whatever that may be"

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Damn them!!!!!

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    As much as I love GW2, it's hard for me not to think that the B2P payment model and the extensive pvp will attract a lot of children and adult children.

Because subscription and PvE-based MMO's only attracts friendly and mature individuals, right? No, you can't generalize like that... Gotta wait for release and make the verdict then. 

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Thats where we have ingores for, and reports, if it gets to uggly just copy your chatlog and post it in a report.

I am actually wondering how arenanet is going to handle this.  Banning people means they need to spend another $50 to get a new copy of the game, in the end they will learn to behave. No reason not to ban people that disbehave, as there is no monthly fee keeping Anet from banning retards.

^THIS^

Anet wont tolorate much of this kind of behavior..

As far as B2P vs F2P vs P2P goes i have seen both bad and good communities in them all but some of the worst communities and people i have ever had to play with were in WoW which is a P2P...

EQ and EQ2 on the otherhand had great communities but that was a long time ago and has likely changed..

Playing GW2..

• MrlogicMrlogic Member Posts: 178

Thats where we have ingores for, and reports, if it gets to uggly just copy your chatlog and post it in a report.

I am actually wondering how arenanet is going to handle this.  Banning people means they need to spend another $50 to get a new copy of the game, in the end they will learn to behave. No reason not to ban people that disbehave, as there is no monthly fee keeping Anet from banning retards.

I completely agree!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I've yet to see anything like this in the PvE areas. Just yesterday a small group of players, including me, all ending up cleverly and nicely working together to take down a group event boss. That's been my experience across every beta event. I guess PvP is the main cause for this sort of attitude in players. PvP is an afterthought for me though so I rarely have any issues with players in any game, ever. I think I'll be involved in PvP more with GW2 though so I wonder if I will...
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

I got muted for telling someone how it was and not suger coating things. Some people are over sensative in this game. 

And to be honest I have yet to see anyone who deserves an ignore.  I would of probably ignored that guy too obviouse he was just trolling.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    If you want a mature crew of people to hang with, try Entropia Universe.  There are no childern playing that game, its to expensive!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Do you believe that perma bans are that common to make the case or think that people will buy a new copy because of 3 or 7 day ban...?

For those unable to addapt to acceptable behaviour, permabans are the only sollution in the long run.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    That OP was painful to read....I feel like I just became retarted.
  • mmoluvammoluva Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Originally posted by wonderwise
    Seems like you are not used to trolls, anyone would have ignored him and moved on after his first phrase.

If you type /ignore you lose.

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Originally posted by adderVXI
    If you want a mature crew of people to hang with, try Entropia Universe.  There are no childern playing that game, its to expensive!

Do you honestly think trolls and douches are poor children from the end of the world? They're probably spoiled brats with more money than you and me combined.

Hyped games attract dem kids.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by Mrlogic
    Should be possible to take screen and file a complaint for verbal harassment.

or you could grow a pair! Reporting someone for calling you names on the internet is redundant and slightly childish.

Being trolled in chat is childish.

Reporting the troll is childish.

So apparently maturity in this generation is only measured by how much you can be insulted on the internet without reporting any of the people doing so?

The most childish part of this is your thoughts on the subject. 

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Gajari

or you could grow a pair! Reporting someone for calling you names on the internet is redundant and slightly childish.

So apparently maturity in this generation is only measured by how much you can be insulted on the internet without reporting any of the people doing so?

The only thing childish here is your thoughts on the subject. 

Sorry but i don't get upset when someone i don't know calls me names in a video game, maybe you are just too sensitive.

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by Redemp

It's happened ..... they're here...

I started out August the 2nd,  giddy ... excited that I would get to jump back into Guild Wars 2. There was much testing to be done on my Engineer, and I even wanted to really give the Necromancer one final shot before launch. I lasted about an hour and a half on my Necromancer before I decided I'd just enjoy what time I had trying to new builds out on the Engineer in sPvP. So I hop into a match with a mate who's recently switched to an Ele, he's building around AoE's so I quickly trait out to assist and we go bombing. The only thing that can push us off a point is a full team, simply put we have to much control for puggies to handle. Ontop of this i'm packing Elixir R so ... once down, not for long. ( I really think this potion is weak at this point compared to the other " Revive Ally " abilities out there ) After about an hour of matchs I notice light blue appearing on my screen... someone's sending me a message? It must be one of my friends letting me know he's made it and wants to join us. I scroll up my chat log, this messager is certainly NOT a friend of mine. What I see is :

Angry Person : Yo Kid you mad tryhard dum *****

Angry Person : Yah you ***** , go back to WoW  .. kid

To which I respond : Hmm? Excuse me?

Angry Person : What ***** u fat *** , go back to CoD you mad

Me : Did I kill you in a match? Sorry , its just pvp.

Angry Person : Tryhard what, angry I've yet to die you ******

Me : Hmm that can't be right, otherwise you wouldn't be this mad. Whats your name so I can aim for you?

Angry Person : I'm anrgy person , you truhard

Me : You aren't even in this match, so you must have left ... or you like raging at randoms.

Angry Person : What , u nob u msg me!

Me : /facepalm

They are here ..... my ignore list is going to fill up so quickly.

I'm honestly still trying to figure out what you're attempting to achieve with this thread. Trolls will be trolls no matter what game you play. I've played in many games (from WOW to cheap F2P korean mmos) and there have been trolls in all of them. I'm perplexed at the notion that people thought there would be no trolls in GW2; there are going to be trolls just like there are in any other game... sorry.

Just /ignore and move on, there's plenty to do in GW2! :-)

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257
    Angry dude must have came from LoL

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by Gajari

The only thing childish here is your thoughts on the subject. 

Sorry but i don't get upset when someone i don't know calls me names in a video game, maybe you are just too sensitive.

The point here is that people in games think they can do whatever and act how ever they want.  I treat everyone I meet and talk to with respect (unless theres a reason not to)  and  a PVP match is not a reason to blow up.  If you do, then your the one that needs some growing up to do. 

What ever happened to patting someone on the back, saying "Good Match" and learning from the experience or god forbid make friends from it and becoming a better player and all around person.  This is how things are done in real life.  You should be having a good time in game...its entertainment.  This doesnt make someone a wuss, or carebear....It's how your supposed to be, in real life and in game or anywhere your intteracting with people.  I think others need to be more like that.  Theres no respect anymore and its gotten really bad, mainly because of the game companies.  They need to put their foot down and make harsh consequences for asshats ruining whats supposed to be a pleasant experience for others. 

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Threads just here for discussion on it, as I thought I'm not the only one here who really just never thought about these types being around. Obviously they will be, but given the general nature of the game ... the community minded mechanics. The statement is simply that I noticed them finally.

It took 3 Bwe's and 2 stress tests ... but here they be. Or one atleast ;)

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Cmon dude! Why you take that so seriously? What you except? Maybe saints from heaven :)
  • OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

I'm not surprised but then I've already been in a guild that's had a load of drama and is no more. This is all before even the offical launch.

Some things in MMO's, never change :D

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Cmon dude! Why you take that so seriously? What you except? Maybe saints from heaven :)

I assume you mean that I was taking the "Angry person" seriously? Eh .. as serious as I take any moron on the internet.

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    That is THE one thing I hate about "free 2 play" communities.  The maturity factor drops through the floor.
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I've seen no difference in maturity levels based on the business model of the game, so I wish people would stop trying to insinuate that the B2P model attracts more "undesirables".

GW1 was B2P and I nevr had any problems with the community. I think I had to ignore one Random Arenas idiot during the entire time I played the game. I played some LotRO before and after the F2P transition and, once again, didn't see any change.

As to GW2, I haven't had a single issue in 129+ hours and I haven't even seen anything noteworthy in General chat. Sharp contrast to my experience in the Tera beta events I participated in.

GW2 is an accessible game for mature minded casuals. It's easy to hop in for short play sessions, pick up where you left off and actually have fun on a limited play time budget related to real Life demands. That's different from games that target "casuals" by presenting a dumbed down experience. I just see this game having much appeal to the bottom feeders. The PvE will eventually be over their heads and they can't grind for a gear advantage in PvP that will allow them to crush much better players who don't have the same amount of time to devote to the game. In general, the game is designed to thwart griefing behaviour via good game design.

If people just /ignore the odd chat trolls that do pop up, they will find absolutely nothing in this game for them and go on to more fertile trolling/griefing ground.

BTW, NCSoft customer service has been great when ever I have needed to contact them for anything and Arenanet in particular has never been shy about banning people who violate their ToS. They usually ban a person, not just an account and though some determined offenders may find a way around that, it still makes it difficult for most people to offend and return.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Redemp

I didn't bother me *that* bad,  this thread is more me waking up ... that Gw2 will infact have those kinds. I hadn't really thought of it prior to the event ... I was pleased with the community. I think once you've saved someone from the downed state ... you think, theres no way that guy's going to go E-Douche on me.

Game just feels different, I hope the community polices because of this.

After reading your original post and a few other comments you have written I feel you are far more mature than the idiot flamming you so if you like GW2 then why allow idiots to spoil what you enjoy. You don't need telling what you have to do but imo I have come accross many people like this in my 12 years of gaming and like a poster above said just do not reply to these idiots and that makes them RAGE!! even more and that makes me (EVIL smile) knowing that some idiot is stressing over nothing and will probably be dead in the next few years of a heart attack.

So don't be worrying about F2P model as this can also happen in sub games too, just shrug off any preconseptions you have on the community and once you've played the game for a few weeks this will just be a bad memory...

Bandit. 

Asbo

This discussion has been closed.