Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling Speed (Poll Question)

mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

So I was wondering the other day and felt like asking.

Is WoWs 1-85 shorter, Longer, or about the same as Vanilla WoWs 1-60.

Personally I feel it is shorter. But I could just have been more efficient at leveling to 85 than I was way back in Vanilla.

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

Comments

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226

WAY shorter.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Honestly if you really think about it, its about the same. You can argue its faster leveling because they cut the experiance requirements and boosted it in other places. But because they extended the levels and kept the experiance gain the same between 80-85 you are not really leveling that much faster. It still takes more or less the same amount of time to get to 85.

The biggest noticible difference is if you played in Vanilla WoW from 1-60 and then came back in Cata and played 1- 60 again. You would think that the game was broken and you were basically just given levels every 30 minutes.

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

Honestly if you really think about it, its about the same. You can argue its faster leveling because they cut the experiance requirements and boosted it in other places. But because they extended the levels and kept the experiance gain the same between 80-85 you are not really leveling that much faster. It still takes more or less the same amount of time to get to 85.

The biggest noticible difference is if you played in Vanilla WoW from 1-60 and then came back in Cata and played 1- 60 again. You would think that the game was broken and you were basically just given levels every 30 minutes.

Yeah but because the First 60 levels are handed to you. Plus getting a mount way before lvl 40. Throw in things like dungeon finder. I think you are spending less time leveling than in vanilla.

I am sure it was intended to be roughly the same. I'm just not sure if it is or not.

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

It's way shorter. Vanilla WoW 1-60 took 18-25 days played (day = 24 hours). My first character took me over 30, but that was mostly because I explored everything, helped my firends do quests I altready did, crafting, etc.

Currently, I think you can go from 1-85 in about 12 days played.