Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard is a harsh company man.

syrocosyroco Member Posts: 110

My friend just got his account closed for going onto my account, and taking 20g from my char, and mailing it to his character, which I ALLOWED. It's kind of ridiculous how Blizzard considers this Unathorized account access violation. Sigh.. there goes 60 rogue/warrior down the drain along with many of hours of gametime and a nice wad of cash.

Comments

• GoSonicsGoSonics Member Posts: 167

Have you tried mailing them or anything? Seems kind of strange that they'd ban someone without infact knowing it is not the player. No warnings or anythings?

• OdenathusOdenathus Member UncommonPosts: 605

Seems really odd. You sure?
    I've transfered larger amounts than that and Blizzard never blinked at me - and from other IPs than my own.

I suspect, if this did happen, there is more to it :)

----------------------------------------
    My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

No offense to the OP, but I definately think there's more to the story here. I've done this myself with family member accounts and nothing's occurred.

Looks like someone reported you.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• necbonenecbone Member Posts: 358
    i vote nay.
  • HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229

Either....

1.  There is something else going on

2.  Bliz made a mistake, its beyond rediculous that bliz would ban someone just because of an incident like this.

3.  You are a WoW hater and decided to come here to make some bad publicity with a made up story.

In either of the first 2, I'd try contacting blizard rather than whining on a forum like this, there isn't anything anybody here can do for you.

And if its 3, you are just a sad little boy who should go away.

• syrocosyroco Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by Hubabuba
    Either....
    1. There is something else going on
    2. Bliz made a mistake, its beyond rediculous that bliz would ban someone just because of an incident like this.
    3. You are a WoW hater and decided to come here to make some bad publicity with a made up story.
    In either of the first 2, I'd try contacting blizard rather than whining on a forum like this, there isn't anything anybody here can do for you.
    And if its 3, you are just a sad little boy who should go away.

I believe it's number 2, and I just brought to the forums considering how ridiculous it is!! My friend got wrongfully accused of something, and now is paying the price for it. It's really not cool how Blizzard works like this, but what can we do? I do believe however that my friend did call Blizzard. Not sure about the details there, anyways his account is still closed is all I know. =/

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

Originally posted by syroco

My friend just got his account closed for going onto my account, and taking 20g from my char, and mailing it to his character, which I ALLOWED. It's kind of ridiculous how Blizzard considers this Unathorized account access violation. Sigh.. there goes 60 rogue/warrior down the drain along with many of hours of gametime and a nice wad of cash.

Sorry dude but your no telling us the whole story i think..
  • jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by j-monster
    My friend just got his account closed for going onto my account, and taking 20g from my char, and mailing it to his character, which I ALLOWED. It's kind of ridiculous how Blizzard considers this Unathorized account access violation. Sigh.. there goes 60 rogue/warrior down the drain along with many of hours of gametime and a nice wad of cash.Sorry dude but your no telling us the whole story i think..

I agree...
    First of all, there is NO WAY that blizzard could know who is actualy sitting or logging into your account.
    Second, transferring items/money is NOT illegal.

So, judging from your comments, id say that either he loged into someone elses account and that someone else reported him OR, which i believe is more likely, you purchased/sold that gold on ebay.

Selling ingame content for real life money is against EULA.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Just to add to the possibilities, maybe the credits were duped. Maybe not by the OP but somewhere down the line. Although that doesn't explain why the friend was banned and not the OP.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by Hubabuba
    Either....
    1. There is something else going on
    2. Bliz made a mistake, its beyond rediculous that bliz would ban someone just because of an incident like this.
    3. You are a WoW hater and decided to come here to make some bad publicity with a made up story.
    And if its 3, you are just a sad little boy who should go away.

I believe it's number 2, and I just brought to the forums considering how ridiculous it is!! My friend got wrongfully accused of something, and now is paying the price for it. It's really not cool how Blizzard works like this, but what can we do? I do believe however that my friend did call Blizzard. Not sure about the details there, anyways his account is still closed is all I know. =/

No offense but there is definately more to this. Players deal with larger amounts of gold everyday as well as logging into other friends accounts or multiple player accounts. Transferring 20G or logging into your account would not get him banned. Perhaps there is something he is not telling you or something you are not telling us.

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Its the usual "I tried to do something stupid and I got busted. Now I want some sympathy, so lets make a story up"

Somehtign else has happened that is not said here. I am sure he deserved it, in some way.

Nice little made up story, though. Good work

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

Originally posted by Harafnir
    Its the usual "I tried to do something stupid and I got busted. Now I want some sympathy, so lets make a story up"
    Somehtign else has happened that is not said here. I am sure he deserved it, in some way.

Haha this isn't my story. It's my friends, and I just thought that I would talk about it on the WoW forums @ MMORPG because of how ridiculous the situation is. Maybe he hasn't told me something, but right now I feel bad for him cus he is a good guy.

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

Originally posted by Harafnir
    Somehtign else has happened that is not said here. I am sure he deserved it, in some way.

Haha this isn't my story. It's my friends, and I just thought that I would talk about it on the WoW forums @ MMORPG because of how ridiculous the situation is. Maybe he hasn't told me something, but right now I feel bad for him cus he is a good guy.

he is for sure not telling you something, he prolly got banned for something completly different from what he is saying. someone had to have reported him without any spec of doubt...... and since blizz did ban him im sure whatever it was, it was worth their time to actually investigate it. think about it dude...

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

Originally posted by angerr
    Originally posted by syroco Originally posted by HarafnirIts the usual "I tried to do something stupid and I got busted. Now I want some sympathy, so lets make a story up"Somehtign else has happened that is not said here. I am sure he deserved it, in some way. Nice little made up story, though. Good work Haha this isn't my story. It's my friends, and I just thought that I would talk about it on the WoW forums @ MMORPG because of how ridiculous the situation is. Maybe he hasn't told me something, but right now I feel bad for him cus he is a good guy.
    he is for sure not telling you something, he prolly got banned for something completly different from what he is saying. someone had to have reported him without any spec of doubt...... and since blizz did ban him im sure whatever it was, it was worth their time to actually investigate it. think about it dude...

You're probably right.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Lies lies and more lies. I have done the same on my freinds account a million times and nothing bad has ever happened to me so, lies. Your mate probably did something bad and is either too ashamed to admit it, or simply is trying to rally as much support as possible by telling lies to everyone.