Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will chars be kept from this beta?

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Title says it all.

Of course not the actual level, but you know, the created char, as a level 1. With name reservations etc.

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Any name from GW1 will be reserved as a nme in GW2, if you logged into your GW1 account prior to July 31st. Also names from BWE2 and 3 will be saved (I think). Just the name is reserved not what type of profession or race it is.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

There is currently no name reservation system in place, (at least as far as I know) so they will have to reset the servers to impliment the name reservation system for launch.

TLDR;  No

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by eyelolled

There is currently no name reservation system in place, (at least as far as I know) so they will have to reset the servers to impliment the name reservation system for launch.

TLDR;  No

Read the blog - there was - it ended July 31st.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Allright thanks.

Another question, cant I use my own looking gear in The mist and battlegrounds?

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Allright thanks.

No beta characters are saved for launch, and the whole end-game is based on collecting aesthetic gear, so of course they're going to let you wear the gear you've acquired throughout the game, or else there's gonna be no point to the whole thing.

Logic is logical.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

After all these years of MMO people still asking if beta toons are saved for launch image

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by eyelolled

TLDR;  No

Read the blog - there was - it ended July 31st.

Yes, I am aware that they have reserved names if you were logged in to GW1 before July 31. What I don't know about, is if they've implimented the reservations in the Stress test. Somebody would have to deliberatly try to use a name from another account to know for sure.  In BWE3 I used a name from my second account with no problem.  None the less, they won't be keeping characters from the stress test.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Theres a 24 hour name hold tied to accounts anyways. So come day one all you have to do is grab a name, log in, log out, delete it and that name is yours for 24 hours so you can make your character the way you want them to look without worrying about stealing your name. 

Originally posted by Torgrim

After all these years of MMO people still asking if beta toons are saved for launch image

Every now and then people are thrown a curve ball. Mostly F2P games have done this to get people into the game early and hook them before official launch, possibly to keep everyone from logging into the same zones at first and clogging things up, and get more people playing off the bat. But I believe Tera (monthly fee) also did so and didn't wipe characters during there open beta period at the end to incentivize pre-orders.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by Gajari

Allright thanks.

No beta characters are saved for launch, and the whole end-game is based on collecting aesthetic gear, so of course they're going to let you wear the gear you've acquired throughout the game, or else there's gonna be no point to the whole thing.

Logic is logical.

Its just because...

When I enter the Mists I get some other gear on my char, but the one I have in PvE... Thats why I ask. As of right now it looks like I can use the PvE gear in Battlegrounds/mist.

Originally posted by Gajari

Allright thanks.

Logic is logical.

Its just because...

When I enter the Mists I get some other gear on my char, but the one I have in PvE... Thats why I ask. As of right now it looks like I can use the PvE gear in Battlegrounds/mist.

My bad, in WvWvW your gear you've acquired is used and showed, but in structured PvP (battleground types) everyone wears the same stuff with their team color.

Not sure if I like having my gear switched on me in structured, never really tried that. But whatever, it's not TOO big a deal, I guess.