Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think GW2 will evolve?

cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

Do you the players bleive that the devs will  slowly make changes evolving the game? if you do tell me how you see the game evolcing and what kind of changes you bleieve we will see

if not tell us why it wont change.

(accidented poll, use possibly as no)

Comments

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

dammit... i accidentally pressed enter when maiking the poll

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Umm all MMORPG's evolve over time.

Obvious poll choice is obvious - anyone answering anything but "yes" is wrong lol.

We will I'm sure see new content, changes to classes and mechanics, perhaps even changes to systems (like downed state mechanics, DE frequency or difficulty etc. etc.) as the game matures.

Originally posted by BadSpock

Obvious poll choice is obvious - anyone answering anything but "yes" is wrong lol.

well im saying majorly evolve, many MMO's only go though minor changes such as content updated. whereas GW2 can go though far larger changes in my eyes

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

depends what you mean by evolve...

they certainly cant make it any more casual.. or simplistic.. but I definetly hope they expand on the pvp side.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by cloud8521

well im saying majorly evolve, many MMO's only go though minor changes such as content updated. whereas GW2 can go though far larger changes in my eyes

Understandable.

No, I do not think GW2 is going to see MAJOR design changes as it matures.

They won't add in quest hubs or gear-grind based PvP or instanced raiding or anything like that.

Understandable.

No, I do not think GW2 is going to see MAJOR design changes as it matures.

They won't add in quest hubs or gear-grind based PvP or instanced raiding or anything like that.

I bleive tha t w3e will see  alot more mechanical changes and  large changes because  the game supports large changes from what i can see.  one of such changes will be player houseing to some sort of degree.

im also hoping WvWvW becomes totally diffrent as the year goes on. well it still gotta keep most of what it is a guess.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

evolve as in major design changes? No, I don't see that happening. But they will be adding and taking away dynamic events so there always won't be the same in an area.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

I think its possible. The one glimmer of hope I have for GW2s pve is that because of how they can push content to the client they would be able to tweak DEs constantly.

The biggest issue with themepark mmos is that they rely on developer driven content. This content can't come fast enough for the users and one of the main reasons is because developers have to create a big blob of content before making the users have to download a big patch. GW2, like GW has their streaming tech that lets them patch the game while you play. So I hope they use that to their advantage and change/add DEs on at least a weekly basis(small changes) to keep the content fresh.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Bulbasaur2, UI choose you.

Sorry, lame joke is lame.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Depends. Will the game change, add new features, etc? Almost surely.

Will it change its entire game philosophy to be more like other titles? God I hope not.

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

GW2 is the Evolution of GW1 so I'm sure it will continue to do so.   

Originally posted by terrant

Depends. Will the game change, add new features, etc? Almost surely.

Will it change its entire game philosophy to be more like other titles? God I hope not.

Replying in red because  multiquote sucks.

of course they wont change philosiphy but feature evelution woukld be wonderful

Originally posted by Blitz555

GW2 is the Evolution of GW1 so I'm sure it will continue to do so.   

Thats just it, they made this because they could not  evolve guild wars in the day with the changes they wanted, so they ended up refinign it. i think that alone shows they are willing and  this engine just may be what will do it for them

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    We've read ANets plan of adding new events in places that currently have them and swap them slowly to both or phase some out.

One evolution I would like to see is those events moving around. I love the interaction of the DEs, even if some are disguised quest packages, but if you stay in one area long enough the same specific DE happens.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

GW2 is a stepping stone to GW3, they just aren't thinking about it like that yet.  They will continue to improve upon the dynamic events, and with future expansions there will be an increase in the natural flow of the game, and a decrease in the amount of "guidance" content like hearts and such.  People need a chance to become accustomed to the way that dynamic events can work so they have to guide people. They have to put scouts in the game. They have to hold some peoples hands for a while.  Further expansions won't require this as much, and so yes the game will evolve. The thing that I'm excited about is what comes next. What comes once they learn ways to improve on the system.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Do you the players bleive that the devs will  slowly make changes evolving the game? if you do tell me how you see the game evolcing and what kind of changes you bleieve we will see

Colin johanson have talked about how they visualise a zone having totally different DE's going on in 2 years from now, where the ones that are here at launch become rare , so it would be a totally different expereince to replay the zone.

thats replayability

Originally posted by eyelolled

GW2 is a stepping stone to GW3, they just aren't thinking about it like that yet.  They will continue to improve upon the dynamic events, and with future expansions there will be an increase in the natural flow of the game, and a decrease in the amount of "guidance" content like hearts and such.  People need a chance to become accustomed to the way that dynamic events can work so they have to guide people. They have to put scouts in the game. They have to hold some peoples hands for a while.  Further expansions won't require this as much, and so yes the game will evolve. The thing that I'm excited about is what comes next. What comes once they learn ways to improve on the system.

i do  not bleive that in the least.

GW2 only happened because GW1's engine in its current state could not do what they wanted to do in their game. GW2's engine is far more flexable. so gw3 will only come when it needs an upgrade that involves a new engine upgrade that cant be done in gw2.

Originally posted by jondifool

Colin johanson have talked about how they visualise a zone having totally different DE's going on in 2 years from now, where the ones that are here at launch become rare , so it would be a totally different expereince to replay the zone.

thats replayability

personally i dont see that as evelution though thats change for sure but not  what i would call an evolving

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Of course it'll evolve over time. EVERY MMO in existence has evolved to some degree over time. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Other than tweeking DEs, I don't know. Some form of AA will definantly be need.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Lol.... of course the game is going to evolve.

ALL MMOs evolve. The only exceptions to this are the ones that get canned before they release.

The question shouldn't be 'will the game evolve?'. The question should be 'How do you think it will evolve?'. Only trolls will say this game isn't going to evolve. I can't think of a single MMO since MMOs were first made, that hasn't evolved over time. Not one. What distinguishes one from another is more in how much a game evolves, and in what ways.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984
    Originally posted by bcbully

I believe their "AA" is that you continue to acquire xp and levels post-cap that gives points that can be used to make some badass gear, among other things. 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Just look at GW1 if you want any perspective. With the introduction of Factions they introduced faction battles and territories. With the introduction of Nightfall they introduced hero mercenaries that you could customise. Not to mention the evolution of PvP in that game.

Probably the least lazy developers in the world.

Originally posted by aesperus

Lol.... of course the game is going to evolve.

ALL MMOs evolve. The only exceptions to this are the ones that get canned before they release.

The question shouldn't be 'will the game evolve?'. The question should be 'How do you think it will evolve?'. Only trolls will say this game isn't going to evolve. I can't think of a single MMO since MMOs were first made, that hasn't evolved over time. Not one. What distinguishes one from another is more in how much a game evolves, and in what ways.

accually i dont see much in the way of evelution is MMO's its mainly fixes and  content packs. and its rare to see a mmo evolve neaturally. its mainly  just putting things in that people  complain about misisng

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Gajari
    Originally posted by bcbully

I believe their "AA" is that you continue to acquire xp and levels post-cap that gives points that can be used to make some badass gear, among other things. 

Yeah that's right you can get the Bow that shoots rainbows and unicorns :P

We will see how viable cosmetics are as a form of end game progression and AA. I may be in the minority, but I remember hitting 2k arena in cata, getting our gear and not carring about the 2.2k cosmetic armor and weapons.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Of course it will evolve, and it will most likely go through some fairly major changes.

I can see the Trait system going through some major overhauls in the upcoming years. Once the playerbase starts to master the game, I can see how the trait system will need to be changed. The current traits in the system work, but I can see ANet expanding it to be something more.

At some point new professions will make it into the game, and with that probably some new weapon types, which will also mean new weapons for existing professions (most likely). If they were to add some iteration of let's say, the Dervish, we would see Scythe become a weapon option, same with Paragon with Throwing Weapons (well spears).

Additionally, if they ever raise the level cap, more changes will need to be made in order to allow for progression past level 80. More skill points, more skills, expanded trait lines.

There's tons of ways the game could evolve.