Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spectral Walk + Spectral Grasp (Necromancer) in WvWvW?

JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Spectral Walk:

Step into the shadows and walk with a trail behind you. When Spectral Walk ends, you return to where you cast it.

Spectral Grasp:

Pull your opponent to you and chill them (range 1200)

As anyone that's tried to take a tower in WvWvW knows, defenders standing on the roof firing down at you are annoying.   You may be enduring fire from siege weapons as well.   Of course you can fire up at them if you get in range but it's usually fruitless.   Even if you do manage to kill someone up there, they are easily ressed by an ally standing a little out of range on the wall.

Has anyone tried using spectral walk to place a safe spot out of range while sieging the enemy position, running forward and pulling people off the tower (where they have to either waste time getting back up or being killed by focus fire in a spot where they can't be easily ress'd) followed by allowing spectral walk to expire and put you back in a safe place before you get killed by siege weapons/focus fire?

Comments

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Spectral grasp is affected by line of sight, so if a wall block the skill, it won't trigger and you will loose it's cool down. But for any target that is on your line of sight it will work great, (some people do stand on the wall and not behind them).

Spectral walk, unless they tweaked this skill the timer was pretty short when i used it (BWE1 or 2 i'm not sure), like maybe 4 to 6 sec so i don't think you can do much with it, it is more of a WTF?!? effect skill than anything else honestly, and i don't think it can be better or it will be an OP "must have" skill if it have a 10/12sec timer for example, anyone would use it to just never die. Also you have to trigger the "teleport" to your starting position yourself, if the timer wear off you won't teleport back at all.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by Requiamer

Spectral walk, unless they tweaked this skill the timer was pretty short when i used it (BWE1 or 2 i'm not sure), like maybe 4 to 6 sec so i don't think you can do much with it, it is more of a WTF?!? effect skill than anything else honestly, and i don't think it can be better or it will be an OP "must have" skill if it have a 10/12sec timer for example, anyone would use it to just never die. Also you have to trigger the "teleport" to your starting position yourself, if the timer wear off you won't teleport back at all.

Wasn't it the other way around? I haven't played much with that skill, but I vaguely recall that unless you manually broke the Spectral Walk it would just port you back to starting point automatically?

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034
    Originally posted by Ezhae

Wasn't it the other way around? I haven't played much with that skill, but I vaguely recall that unless you manually broke the Spectral Walk it would just port you back to starting point automatically?

Ye maybe i'm not sure either anymore

PS that skill was pretty useless, unless they reduce the spectral power effect and put a longer timer or if they put a very short cd on it for the necro to get rid of someone targeting him, i don't see much use for this skill.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by Ezhae

Ye maybe i'm not sure either anymore

PS that skill was pretty useless, unless they reduce the spectral power effect and put a longer timer or if they put a very short cd on it for the necro to get rid of someone targeting him, i don't see much use for this skill.

It could have its's uses, mainly to confuse enemy and get on his back, but overall felt to gimmicky over other, more flexible Utility skills. Can't see taking it over things like Signets or Corruption in current state.