Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Basic things that shouldn't be left out!! Simple!

2»

Comments

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

And now, SWG is gone forever.  Even with the NGE, SWG was still a better game.  If I want voice overs I'll read the dialoge outloud.

This was a huge mistake IMO... not because I liked SWG.  I hated it.  It was a huge mistake because it brought SWG fans and their mentality into SWTOR.  IMO, SWTOR is ten times the Star Wars that SWG ever was.  I know some will disagree, but that's neither here nor there.  The important point is that SWG and SWTOR should not have been compared to begin with.  They are totally different games for totally different crowds.

I'm of the belief that Star Wars is about action and solid story writing.  I think the SWG crowd views it more as open-ended and exploration-based.  Where they get this idea, I'll never know.  They are entitled to their opinion though, and SWG was their MMO for their crowd.  LA made a huge mistake in closing them off...

But that is what George Lucas does.  If you appreciate Star Wars in a different way than he does, he thinks you are wrong, and he hates you for it.... it's why he retired.

I actually Quit SWTOR not because of SWG, because I didn't play SWG, instead it was because of the lack of PVP in this game.

Not only was the only PVP planet barren and lackluster, when they try to do something, it just ruin the game even more.

Then all the cheating and hacking started, and still none of those was fixed, no actions was taken when people discovered exploits. Economy was damaged, yet no actions was taken, cheaters got away with their loot and kept it.

The one fun PVP they had was Huttball, it actually took coordination and team play to win, but then hacks and cheats was discovered and again no action was taken when they were reported.

Their lack of support is what finally did me in, you can report all you want, but when they are letting the hackers go with their exploits then the game will destroy itself without any help.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by ignore_me

Nothing the OP mentions would appeal to me in a big way.  Swimming, I completely disagree with.  Yeah.. let's move around slow as fuck!  Sound good?

^^ Target Audience Bioware

Congratulations you are amongst the easily amused. Life should be good for you as you have no expectations and a high threshold for boredom.

I'm not remotely easily amused.  I just have certain features I care about.  Things like sitting in chairs and Swimming annoy me. 

You know what, my post was out of line. I should respect your style of play and hope that its reciprocated. I apologize.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011