Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why we should NOT trust ANET

1235»

Comments

• MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by DJJazzy
    Originally posted by grimal

Irregardless of whether I was wrong in my assumption back then, I was under the impression the game was to be an "MMO".  I've already posted links of others thinking along the same terms and the confusion of it back in 2004.

This is MY reason why WE should not trust ANET.  I know this was going to be a heated discussion, but the personal attacks and name-calling are not justified.

Goes to show you what kind of community this site has become populated with.

I won't respond until everyone calms the hell down.

Again what does your own ignorance have to do with ArenaNet?

I think we should just stop replying to what he says. Either he understands he has lost this arguement and is trying to annoy you. OR he really believes that if HE thinks something about a game and it isn't true, it becomes the developers fault, in which case, lets wish him luck getting across the road and walking down stairs and leave him be.

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by aesperus

The fact that the OP thinks that linking threads on MMORPG.com is a 'credible resource' speaks volumes..

Exactly!

He blames Anet for his mistakes, deliberately inflames the thread with things such as "Why we should NOT trust ANET" and then jumps on us for calling him out on the ridiculousness of his claims... I'm surprised this thread is still open.

• BillyJimBobBillyJimBob Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Nefera

Why would you think it was a MMO, when the company never called it one? They said prior to release that it was a CORPG, not a MMO.

I remember it being marketed as an MMO.  I don't recall them saying that at all.

There is some information on the GuildWars.com site in the the Home > Support > FAQ under Game Details:

Is Guild Wars an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)? (3rd paragraph down)

"Rather than labeling Guild Wars an MMORPG, we prefer to call it a CORPG (Competitive Online Role-Playing Game). Guild Wars was designed from the ground up to create the best possible competitive role-playing experience."

My apologies if this was already posted by someone else.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by GamerUntouch Right this straw grasping is getting so pathetic that I'm not sure if you're trolling anymore.
    how is this trolling? Game company releases game suggesting to audience it is something which it isn't.  Player feels burned.  Player doesn't trust company on new release.  How in the world is that straw grasping?

We're not talking about buying a bicycle and expecting to  get a car...we're talking about a game that was advertised to be the revolution of the new forming genre.  What don't you see here?

Get off your butt and PROVE that they marketed this as an MMO or shut the hell up.

You can't prove it, because they didn't.

Here .. i'll help you.

Rather than labeling Guild Wars an MMORPG, we prefer to call it a CORPG (Competitive Online Role-Playing Game). Guild Wars was designed from the ground up to create the best possible competitive role-playing experience. Success in Guild Wars is always the result of player skill, not time spent playing or the size of one's guild. As characters progress, they acquire a diverse set of skills and items, enabling them to use new strategies in combat. Players can do battle in open arenas or compete in guild-vs-guild warfare or the international tournament. Engaging in combat is always the player's choice, however; there is no player-killing in cooperative areas of the world.

From the Guild Wars web site FAQ
    http://www.guildwars.com/products/guildwars/features/default.php

last updated 05 July, 2005

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Originally posted by azmundai

Originally posted by GamerUntouch Right this straw grasping is getting so pathetic that I'm not sure if you're trolling anymore.
    how is this trolling? Game company releases game suggesting to audience it is something which it isn't.  Player feels burned.  Player doesn't trust company on new release.  How in the world is that straw grasping?

We're not talking about buying a bicycle and expecting to  get a car...we're talking about a game that was advertised to be the revolution of the new forming genre.  What don't you see here?

Get off your butt and PROVE that they marketed this as an MMO or shut the hell up.

You can't prove it, because they didn't.

Here .. i'll help you.

Rather than labeling Guild Wars an MMORPG, we prefer to call it a CORPG (Competitive Online Role-Playing Game). Guild Wars was designed from the ground up to create the best possible competitive role-playing experience. Success in Guild Wars is always the result of player skill, not time spent playing or the size of one's guild. As characters progress, they acquire a diverse set of skills and items, enabling them to use new strategies in combat. Players can do battle in open arenas or compete in guild-vs-guild warfare or the international tournament. Engaging in combat is always the player's choice, however; there is no player-killing in cooperative areas of the world.

From the Guild Wars web site FAQ
    http://www.guildwars.com/products/guildwars/features/default.php

last updated 05 July, 2005

Forget it! I've already tried to get him to prove that Anet advertized GW as an mmo... hell, a lot of us have!

Grimal, either pony up or shut up!

P.S. word of advice for your next thread. Before you make another claim (like this one), try having some proof first.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Can we get a lock on this yet?

The OP has already bowed out of the thread, contributing absolutely nothing to the conversation.

He did manage to instigate a lot of responses though, hmm...

Originally posted by SonicTHI

If the OP was any more ignorant of facts he could says that it was Aliens! who made him buy the game.

Its really funny how people can post totally baseless opinionated lies on these forums yet are not moderated in any way while anyone who even remotely hints at the original poster being a troll or lacking common sense is gonna get warned or banned themselves.

MMORPG forums: Troll heaven

I wouldn't call mmorpg.com forums troll heaven yet, but I'm starting to get concerned.

Originally posted by aesperus

Can we get a lock on this yet?

The OP has already bowed out of the thread, contributing absolutely nothing to the conversation.

He did manage to instigate a lot of responses though, hmm...

Agreed...

mmorpg.com mods, please lock this thread.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Carly Rae Jespen wrote a song saying I should call her maybe, but she never returns my calls. Nobody should trust her.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

This discussion has been closed.