Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Mortal Online Stream!

DarkGremioDarkGremio Member Posts: 32

I'm doing a stream of Mortal Online, I just started playing and so far after the huge intial learning curve this game is great.  This is coming from someone looking for a sandbox mmo though.  

Thats the link, right now they got 14 day trial and thats what I'm using as well.

Give this game a try its good but a lot to learn, which will deter some people.

Comments

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Are you saying it is advertising for his twitchtv feed or for the game? If the game, how is it blatant advertising versus someone sharing their experience for those curious? The guy also posted a GW2 stream and has discussed a number of other games as well. If for the twitchtv feed, is advertising it bad if it is of interest to others? Just trying to understand what makes it "blatant advertising" and not anything personal against you.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by mklinic

Just trying to understand what makes it "blatant advertising" and not anything personal against you.

GW2 is one of the more popular forums here atm, both links take you to the same page which advertise MO and its trial.

Originally posted by Hancakes

Just trying to understand what makes it "blatant advertising" and not anything personal against you.

GW2 is one of the more popular forums here atm, both links take you to the same page which advertise MO and its trial.

I imagine that is due to the fact the free weekend for GW2 has come and gone and now MO is his current stream. That coupled with posts about Wurm, SWTOR, hardware, etc just make it come across as legit (in my opinion of course). Naturally, my conclusion is as speculative as anyone else's. I was just curious the line of thinking since we came to such different results.

-mklinic

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

It may be a form of "advertisment" as we all like to "advertise" games we enjoy. I myself have recently found a game I like I very much and want to see it succeed and the community flourish, thus I have been "advertising" it via reviews and such which I have written and posted on MMO sites.

I can also totally understand how someone seeking a sandbox game could very much feel that they have "found what they are looking for" being new to MO. I felt that way too during my first couple months (maybe less) in the game. When MO was new and shiney to me I could overlook so many issues and get so exited by reading what was "coming" and what would "soon" be in the game.

Anyhow, I am glad you found a game you enjoy OP and especially that you enjoy it enough to "advertise" it- I would love to hear your thoughts and maybe a review after a Month or two in game.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

I was just curious the line of thinking since we came to such different results.

Past broadcasts show no history of streaming ANY game, thus my statement.

I was just curious the line of thinking since we came to such different results.

Past broadcasts show no history of streaming ANY game, thus my statement.

Yeah, admittedly, I'm not the most familiar with twitchtv (aside from name recognition). I see reference to the GW2 server he was on on the page, but otherwise, don't see much there except the header text (which does read as an advertisement) and video place holder. Thanks for humoring me :)

-mklinic