Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Mists of Pandaria - September 25th!

1235»

Comments

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

"Holds up hand, while chewing noodles"...  ...  ... "Enough talking lets fight!"... ^^ 

I'm interested in seeing what the monk class plays like. But with nine 85's (five US, four EU) I suspect that unless things change (for the better), this will be my last WoW expansion. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • shawn19606shawn19606 Member UncommonPosts: 29

I have played WOW since vanilla but didn't play much cata because I didn't like it and was just burnt out really. I have thought this would be the first expansion I didn't buy but I think my mind is changing a little. We'll have to see how into GW2 I am at the time to see if I actually buy at launch. Another  nice thing about GW2 obviously is that there is no sub, so I think a lot of players who play it would still play WOW.

• waxmaskwaxmask Member UncommonPosts: 55

Am I the only one thinking this is a bit of a steep price for just a expansion of a ancient game? Seems like Blizzard allready knows not many will play it for long. It's the same price I payed for the vanilla back then. CE is more insane, but there will always be sheep falling for the worthless goodies given to them. Have fun children, the grownups have allready left this turd company.

• shawn19606shawn19606 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by waxmask

Am I the only one thinking this is a bit of a steep price for just a expansion of a ancient game? Seems like Blizzard allready knows not many will play it for long. It's the same price I payed for the vanilla back then. CE is more insane, but there will always be sheep falling for the worthless goodies given to them. Have fun children, the grownups have allready left this turd company.

I don't think the $40 is bad. What sucks is unless blizzard has changed something that is the price for those of us that already have Cata. If not I think you have to spend more.

• NyrujoNyrujo Member Posts: 6

Sadly I can't picture Blizzard having much of a comeback with this. Like Turbine's upcoming xpac for LOTRO it just lacks to much content. It's not hard to see why though, they care about their cash flow aka what can I get out of this slow dieing thing thats still of use. They had a hit and kept rolling with it and slowly destroyed it, hell look at Bioware. They've been remaking KOTOR for years and EA buys into them for SW:TOR and like their other post KOTOR games it's flopped, hard.

The new era of MMOs will come from developers like Trion and ANet who time and time again have stuck with bringing good content regularly. People don't want to pay $10-$15 a month for a game with lack of balance, pvp, or end game pve content. Sure your story is compelling but like all stories there is an end. It's sad to see what a pos WoW has become since I enjoyed it so much during the vanilla days.

Like many others after taking a gamble with Diablo 3 I will sadly never play another Blizzard game. Flame or troll all you like but GW2 and RIFT will be running the main MMO show come this fall. The other big names will just bite the dust clouds left behind.

WAAAARGH!

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

I think Blizzard will follow EA/Bioware and go to some form of hybrid free-2-play option next year. The game is steadily losing subs, and F2P seems to be very fashionable direction for mmos to go now, so hard to see how long term they can resist.

• user7791user7791 Member UncommonPosts: 14

I stopped testing Mists beta 3 weeks ago. There is no possible solution to make this a viable game by release date. This is just another expansion full of bugs. Blizzard hasnt even fixed the errors from Wrath expansion. No thanks. World of Warcraft has dominated enough of my time these passed 6 years.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

can't wait for this xpac, i'm still having fun with WOW and thats all that matters.  this price isn't a big deal i spend way more money on things that i really don't need lol. 

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by tryklon
    Originally posted by QSatu
    Originally posted by tryklon
    Originally posted by QSatu

1 month after GW2.. as expected.

Why is that? It's not like GW2 requires a subscription fee to keep playing after 30 days...

ANet interest is to sell boxes and 1 month after launch they have already made the money they spent making the game

Blizzard always tries to release something when there is a competition on a horizon. Since GW2 is the biggest competitior they will get this year they want to release MoP around that time.

I agree, but in this case I don't even see GW2 and WoW as competitors, i mean, both in business model as in gameplay the games couldnt be more far apart, they cater to different audiences.

Still, if they release mists in the sad buggy state as it is now they are in for a surprise... But we still have 2 months till there

Thats right GW2 will cater more younger players and kids for the simple reason that its FTP and also that you can play solo all the time without bothering in grouping.

Wow is now with more focus on pvp, and since we all know the it still has the best pvp system and gameflow, nearly all ex-wow players will come back to check it out.

Well in the end most of us will have bouth games anyway, but I think GW2 will do WOW - Players a great favor to take the anying children away from the servers.

The funniest are the Pokemon-Haters, most of us looking forwand to the pet battles couse its a great  and inovative idea. And all the children who grow up with pokemon and think they are to cool for it now are bashing about it ;-)

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86

Eh .. I'll probably play for the sake of keeping my character at max which means I'll be purchasing the xpac + 1 months sub way way when I feel like playing someelse other than guild wars 2. Not a big fan of the World Of Warcraft its just the same stuff over and over again. Dungeon - gear then onto raids.

Hopefully Guild Wars 2 keeps my attention as long as EVE has

• SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 316

who cares about playing a bear or even wow, the game blows

If I could just get the panda mop invite spam to stop now!

• DiemosDiemos Member Posts: 129

They said its very possible MoP will release without a raid. Here is the link.

"One idea we’re considering is to delay opening Mogu’shan Vaults until a week or so after the expansion’s release, similar to how we’ve always handled the start of the PvP season, just to give players a little time to reach level 90 along with their friends and get acclimated to Pandaria’s new 5-player dungeons, daily quests, and scenarios"

Also they say their intended schedule to release raids will look like this:

September 25: MoP launches
    October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
    October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
    October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
    November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.

Could this mean they are trying to rush release?

[PvX]Tempest - Check us out

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

The only high fantasy game I would subscribe to and hope they keep it subscription based.

• FiveballFiveball Member Posts: 15

Not all ex wow players will be back. Quit before cata when i saw what was happening. If i wanted to pvp with a panda i'd wrestle my fat sister out back of the trailer again. Nothx. 16 years of age  younger or downsies enjoy yourselves though

• FiveballFiveball Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by shawn19606
    Originally posted by waxmask

Had to spam post again, read quite a few of these sentiments and have to say i agree with most.

I don't think the $40 is bad. What sucks is unless blizzard has changed something that is the price for those of us that already have Cata. If not I think you have to spend more.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Fiveball

Not all ex wow players will be back. Quit before cata when i saw what was happening. If i wanted to pvp with a panda i'd wrestle my fat sister out back of the trailer again. Nothx. 16 years of age  younger or downsies enjoy yourselves though

you created an account just to make that statement.. lame.. your only reason to post seems to be to insult people in general, double lame, though im a bit concerned about your unhealthy interest in your sister. image

WoW may have its faults, but, it is fun, and it will probably outsell all other MMO's .. again.. image

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

After defeating Illidan & the burning legion in the burning crusade, Lich King in northrend, the Cataclysm & Deathwing... I hung up my sword n shield.

Everything after that is pretty anticlimactic.

Even more so when blizzard told me it's time to slap panda arse.

No thank you.

This will be the first xpac I don't buy a collectors edition of.

I've played for over 6 years, time to move on.

• SmokeysongSmokeysong Member UncommonPosts: 247

September is a very bad release month for me, since Borderlands 2 will come out a week earlier (Sept 18) and I am very excited about that game. I don't see me even buying MoP (if I do at all) until October or later, so that may as well have been the MoP release's time frame for me.

I have to say, I think it (the earlier time) reflects on the amount of content in MoP, and that it is going to be as disappointing that way as Cataclysm was for a lot of people. I don't think Blizzard has come to understand how much core WoW players want from their Xpack money and subscription fees. I for one feel under-served by the content provided, both in quantity, and also in quality with MoP.

I don't think the Blizzard team is listening to the kind of player I represent. It seems to me they are more interested in taking the easy route and making it simpler for the second-string devs. It's almost as if they expect them (the current and future devs) to not be able to perform as well as the creating developers, and that's a bad sign for the future of WoW for serious veterans.

I'm not trying to say it's all bad, but I am saying for the first time since vanilla I'm not much interested in the new content (and spending time with the beta showed me how little there was for me). I've taken a long break, and that usually cures me of the "dissatisfaction blues", but it's just not happening this time, and I don't think it's all me. Perhaps a longer break will help. I hope so, I want to still like the game and keep my favorite characters going.

;)

Have played: Everquest, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall

• Xeno326Xeno326 Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Nope no coincidence, they are deliberately trying to get players that may leave wow for GW2 to come back before they sink thier teeth in to deep into GW2, its brilliantly rotten, but what do you expect, they weren't born yesterday.

Self-control and perserverance can overcome that brilliantly rotten idea on blizzards part. 

Honestly after 2 years I had a scroll res to try the game for free 7 days, get cata free, etc from a co-worker to try it out again. The expansion seems alright, but the players make the gaming experience and the the kind of players I seem to run into all the time, especially with this cross-server dungeon finder, seems to be a bunch of spineless, cowardly, childish, selfish, ignorant and idiot personality types; which is partly the reason why I left the game in the first place. 

Seems to haven't changed unfortunately, otherwise I might have picked up MoP when it comes out. I did activate a 30 day time card to give it more time, so will see if it changes, I like some of the features cata came with, but I'm definitely going to try GW2, can't beat B2P w/o a sub. 

I can easily try WoW again later on and hope it changes, but doubt it, gamers of today seem to plague every game with the above discription I provided. It's like these kids are raised without parents or discipline... hah oh wait that's the problem, you can't discipline your kid(s) now-a-days or you go to jail, makes sense why they act like they do. :)