Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alright let's do this - Sales predictions after two months

2»

Comments

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by Valua

Cataclysm sold 4.7 million copies in the first month, more than Wrath of the Lich King (4.1 million in first month) and Wotlk sold more initially than Burning Crusade (3.5 in first month.) 

I'm thinking this could be a trend, and Mists of Pandaria will see more sales than Cataclysm (especially with the lack of good MMO's out there.) 

I'm thinking just 4.9million - 5.5million in the first month.

Pandaria has the power to not only bring people back to the game, but also gain new players, it's actually that good. (But maybe my opinion is just tarnished becuase I disliked Cataclysm so much and anything new would seem better? I still think Panaria is WoWs best expansion to date.)

Welll said... Mists beta so far has the experience of merge thoughts that was learn in Cata & Wrath..  Dungeons have the right feel and length time to them, plus just the right difficulty...

On that line,  2mil in 24hr,  Around 3 mil in a month, with about 4-5mil in 2months...

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155

4-5m.  Won't break any records.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Depends how they bundle the rest of the games, if theyll do a 69.99-59.99 WoW pack with MOP they might actually sell quite well even more than cata, the problem with the prvious expansions was that the rest of the games would still cost you plenty, when CATA came out WOTLK was still selling for like 30-25US and WoW+TBC pack was going for about the same... Heck even today Cataclysm + WoW BattleChest would cost you 69.99 which kinda prevents many new players of actually getting the game(yeah i know you can probably find a copy for like 10US some where in the discount section of your local cheapMart but it doesnt count).

Considering WoW has still enough steam in it and even tho im presonally done with it the 5-6ish M players in US/EU/APAC zones make it still the best MMO if you are looking for the capital M exprience out there.

MOP brings alot of new content, and some fresh ideas into WoW, if theyll make it a 60US whole package it will sell like crack on xmass...

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Add one for my sell.  I'm already pre-ordered hehe.

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

I predict that it won't be as successful as anticipated and won't really bring in many new players, mostly just veterans giving the game another chance.  Those veterans will then realize it's more or less the same when their previous reason for quitting resurfaces and will find another game to play.  I think Cataclysm sold 4.7 million in the first month and I say Pandaria is going to be lower than that.  Blizzard hasn't had much of a good reputation as of late and Pandaria isn't getting nearly as much attention as Cataclysm did.  Money is money though, right?

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by Ujirik

Blizzard hasn't had much of a good reputation as of late and Pandaria isn't getting nearly as much attention as Cataclysm did.  Money is money though, right?

Good reputation?

Blizz fans would disagree with that, similar to APPLE blizz loyal fans will keep forgiving them..

So far in the beta the dev's have been very vocal, etc about the happenings and direction the game is going.  Fans seem to be very appreciative of that and have been relaying helpful tips etc, which have been implemented in the game... 

This might just be the one xpac they get it right and once again stabilize WoW sub numbers, as i don't think this will attract more players but keep those that is still playing on-board...