Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Challenge for TSW players - real investigation quest

ErikXErikX Member Posts: 5

I think most of you agree that The Secret World is not for everyone. The people enjoying it are primarily adults with a brain. I believe that those of you that are really dedicated to the game have an IQ above average.

One of the best features of the game is in my opinion the investigation quests. Some of these quests really put you to the test, and in my opinion this will contribute to establish the game as a very successful niche game with a healthy population for years to come.

And now to the point: I have an investigation quest for the TSW community. If you accept the challenge, I really have faith in that your collective intelligence will help solve the quest.

The quest: Use all data available to find out approximately how many copies of the game has been sold from start of preorder until today.

Some clues:

- The MMO Aion which was released in 2009 seem to have in total around 67000 registered users to their North American forum 2 years after it was launched: (http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/member.php?u=66907). In Q3 2009 NCsoft reported 500.000 copies sold in North America alone: http://www.gamespot.com/news/ncsoft-profits-soar-836-aion-na-euro-sales-near-1m-6239338.

The Age of Conan forum had around 217.000 forum users registered in the period from launch in may 2008 until April this year: http://forums.ageofconan.com/member.php?u=217206 .

The Secret World official forums have as of now 138.784 registered users: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/member.php?u=138684. For the last wekk, between 500 and 800 new users have been signing up tp the forum every day.

The Secret World "testlive" forums have as of today around 87.500 members.

After 7 July, only paying customers have been able to register at the official forum. After this date more than 42.000 users have registered.

The test live forum is available for paying customers only. 

According to Funcom, public interest in the game has been formidable with 1.5 million gamers all over the world registered to beta test ‘The Secret World’, breaking all previous Funcom records. In this () video Funcom claims that a poll during (or after) beta reveals that 90% of all testers will actually buy the game (fast forward to two minutes into the video).

Are you up for the challenge? Start investigating! :)

Comments

• ErikXErikX Member Posts: 5
    Sorry for the bad formatting of the text. I don't know why it is displayed like this.

I have tried to divide it up in paragraphs, but it still displaying as a wall of text.

Typing from my Ipad. Could that be a factor?
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by ErikX
    Sorry for the bad formatting of the text. I don't know why it is displayed like this. I have tried to divide it up in paragraphs, but it still displaying as a wall of text. Typing from my Ipad. Could that be a factor?

IPad! I thought you said you guys had higher than average IQs. Android all the way! lol <---Joke

It looks like quite the challenge! Good luck to you guys if you try! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Investigation quests offer nice rewards. What can you offer?

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Based on that data you gave us I conclude that the secret world has sold exactly 589,426 copies... no wait... make that 589,427, someone in pittsburg just bought a copy.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

im wondering how or if the OP has the answer...

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Mexorilla

im wondering how or if the OP has the answer...

He doesn't, he's just trying to get us to do his work for him!

• Deadman87Deadman87 Member Posts: 253
    Perhaps you should ask at TSW forums instead?

It is preferable not to travel with a dead man.