Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alganon Online

2»

Comments

• TNgalTNgal Member Posts: 19

Reasons I won't go back:

1.  Poor leadership that ran off the most valuable players, resulting in lost talent and lost experienced input into the game that might have solved many problems, including building a stronger player base rather than destroying it.

2. Nearly nonexistent player base, most likely a direct result of reason one. Word of mouth can be more destructive than I think some developers realize...I can guarantee that I saw many convo's on WoW itself of former players stating just what I am saying here. Even WoW has had on rare occasion to bow to player demands, like it or not, if they wanted to stay in business. It's not about being right and going out of business as a result, it's about keeping your players happy as possible, treating them with respect, having good customer service, or at least keeping your mouth shut and not ticking them off so they leave and take others with them.

3. I'd just as soon play WoW if I wanna play WoW and just pay the one fee, rather than find myself spending a fortune on items for a toon in a clone game that  I can't even level because no one is there to group with. Seems like a waste of money to me. At least other f2p shops are for games with a steady player base and more of a future, and also offer in game options to obtain items without it being a massive time sink.  The cash shop is pretty high, too, at least it was last year when I tried the game myself. 

It's a shame, really. This game did have good potential. But potential isn't everything, you have to deliver in today's competitive climate, and Alganon has failed. I don't see it recovering from the extreme negative impact of not only the fumbled release, but all the other issues associated with it. 

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

It is always easy to be on the outside looking in and pointing the finger. Sure, these are your opinions but  they are categorically wrong - so don't try to pass them off as facts.

A LOT of things went wrong with the game and long before it was taken over. Funny thing is that all of it is clearly documented all over the net. Apart from the fact that the game wasn't even finished - and stood zero chance of being finished before I came along. And unlike other companies, I never got to keep the money. I refunded it all back - something that I didn't need to do.

And when the dust settles, there are LOTS of other MMO games with larger communities, bigger teams, more money etc which have FAILED _and_ SHUTDOWN. So spare me the rhetoric.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by dsmart

It is always easy to be on the outside looking in and pointing the finger. Sure, these are your opinions but  they are categorically wrong - so don't try to pass them off as facts.

A LOT of things went wrong with the game and long before it was taken over. Funny thing is that all of it is clearly documented all over the net. Apart from the fact that the game wasn't even finished - and stood zero chance of being finished before I came along. And unlike other companies, I never got to keep the money. I refunded it all back - something that I didn't need to do.

And when the dust settles, there are LOTS of other MMO games with larger communities, bigger teams, more money etc which have FAILED _and_ SHUTDOWN. So spare me the rhetoric.

So is it "categorically wrong" that the player base is non-existent? I am curious, how many active players are there? And what is the peak simultaneous log-in?

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Wow, not much has changed since last time I checked in here. Sorry the game still hasn't seemed to attracted more players.

Btw, confused by the statement highlighted in red. So, what you are saying is that you can fail just as well as the "big boys"??? I guess congratulations are in order... Oh wait, I get it. You are saying your game is a failure but at least it is still open. Got you!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Who has failed more, the company that cut their losses or the developer that continues to take their investors money just so they can say they succeeded by not shutting down?

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

So, you just keeping this game going for the tax write off, or your pride won't let you kill it?

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

How is it categorically wrong to say that a game won't bring back old players due to poor leadership, a tiny community, and a slew of superior games that aren't clones?  Those are all valid reasons to not play an MMO.  A game that has poor leadership is a game that has developments in all the wrong areas, a game that has a tiny community means that people will make few friends in the game (which is why people play MMOs), and the fact that there are superior games out there, does that even need an explanation?

I think the issue at hand isn't that the games that failed and shut down had larger communities, bigger teams, more money, etc, but instead that people are accusing you of making an unpolished clone of another, more popular game.  If I were to make an analogy, it would probably be this: Alganon is to World of Warcraft as Tatooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills is to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

So please, spare me the overused argument of bigger games failing and shutting down when yours has not, and try to view how people are trying to view Alganon, on its own merits (or lack thereof), as a comparison to what is, not what was.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• GolemiTopkiGolemiTopki Member UncommonPosts: 6

Hello.

As a player who has played this game for a while I would like to describe the game in few sentences.I apologize for my English in advance.

1.You need like 1-2 dollars to get past 30 lvl(I think that's really nothing for most of the gamers), I know it's weird for a F2P game to ask for money to allow u to get to max lvl, but they have to make money from somewhere.

2.The cash shop is really not the way to make you the best player out there.Sure, it can help you, but it's almost impossible to give you huge advantage.Farming dungeons and pvp is the better way to get imba gear.

3.The population is not huge, but it's acceptable if you are playing on the human side(there are like 10-50 people online at their faction).

4.There is not much to do in Alganon after you get to 50 lvl, but a  few dungeons with heroic(or whatever that was called) difficulty, world boss farm, gold farm, proffesion lvling and of course pvp(castle sieges and faction boss farm), also world pvp.

I like the game, but unfortunately for some reason my computer is lagging a lot when I am playing it so I gave up in the end.Yes, I know it's weird that a good computer can lag at a game like Alganon, but my comp does.

Disclosure: Alganon is a good game if you aren't looking for hundreds and thousands of people to playing it with.I recommend you create a Talrok char if you plan on pvping at 50 lvl, because that way you will have enemies to hunt and if you play with friends you will have the chance to play as a defender in castle siege event(defend, because if you attack you don't stand a chance, there are really much, much less Talroks than humans).

Also Alganon is NOT A WoW copy, only the stupid people will say it is a WoW copy, but then again, those people call every game a ''WoW copy'', even Counter Strike maybe...

Have fun.

Originally posted by GolemiTopki

Hello.

As a player who has played this game for a while I would like to describe the game in few sentences.I apologize for my English in advance.

1.You need like 1-2 dollars to get past 30 lvl(I think that's really nothing for most of the gamers), I know it's weird for a F2P game to ask for money to allow u to get to max lvl, but they have to make money from somewhere.

2.The cash shop is really not the way to make you the best player out there.Sure, it can help you, but it's almost impossible to give you huge advantage.Farming dungeons and pvp is the better way to get imba gear.

3.The population is not huge, but it's acceptable if you are playing on the human side(there are like 10-50 people online at their faction).

4.There is not much to do in Alganon after you get to 50 lvl, but a  few dungeons with heroic(or whatever that was called) difficulty, world boss farm, gold farm, proffesion lvling and of course pvp(castle sieges and faction boss farm), also world pvp.

I like the game, but unfortunately for some reason my computer is lagging a lot when I am playing it so I gave up in the end.Yes, I know it's weird that a good computer can lag at a game like Alganon, but my comp does.

Disclosure: Alganon is a good game if you aren't looking for hundreds and thousands of people to playing it with.I recommend you create a Talrok char if you plan on pvping at 50 lvl, because that way you will have enemies to hunt and if you play with friends you will have the chance to play as a defender in castle siege event(defend, because if you attack you don't stand a chance, there are really much, much less Talroks than humans).

Also Alganon is NOT A WoW copy, only the stupid people will say it is a WoW copy, but then again, those people call every game a ''WoW copy'', even Counter Strike maybe...

Have fun.

1.  Having to pay money in order to get to the max level as a requirement is exceedingly rare.  Other than Alganon, the only MMO that I know forces you to do that is Wizard 101 (and possibly LOTRO).  There is a reason why most free to play MMOs, especially the good ones, don't force you to pay money to get to the max level.

2.  As it should be in any free to play MMO.  I am glad to hear that Alganon actually gets this right, or at least I would be if you hadn't already mentioned that you have to pay money in order to be allowed to get to the max level.

3.  All free to play MMOs I play have triple that in the faction hub alone, and it is common to see many more on your journeys away from said hub.  If Alganon has no more than 50 on each faction online at a time, then saying that the game has a small population is an understatement.

4.  Well, that is a common complaint with all MMOs.  It seems as though developers are paying less and less attention to end game.  Although, to be fair, they all probably have the mostly true phrase, "It's the journey, not the destination." in their heads.

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299

Am i too late to get berated by the developer?

This guy is nuts to argue with potential customers...especially in a game that desperately needs them.

Also, im not sure whos pockets are keeping this game alive but it sure as hell doesnt look to be the pockets of customers.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I don't know how GW2, TSW and MoP can compete with the upcoming Alganon expansion.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I don't know how GW2, TSW and MoP can compete with the upcoming Alganon expansion.

I know, right?  How will these AAA multi-million dollar MMOs from companies with very good reputations ever compete with a lone MMO that 99% of the gaming community views as a shoddily done cash grab ripoff of another MMO from a company that is lead by, once again, someone who 99% of the gaming community views as the worst developer in the gaming industry?

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by MadDemon64
    a company that is lead by, once again, someone who 99% of the gaming community views as the worst developer in the gaming industry?

Amen. That's the main reason why I'll never ever touch this game

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran