Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Crucia Lore Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds has partnered with MMORPG.com to give our readers the first Rift lore behind Crucia, her minions and how they are readying themselves for... something? Keep reading to see what can be learned about Crucia.

Though Crucia lies bound beneath Iron Pine Peak, her icy tomb – cracked with the sundering of the Ward – cannot contain her powers over mind and thought. She converses with emissaries and ambassadors through the voices of her captors. From Watchman to magister to courtesan to king, she reaches into the affairs of the Ascended, using Guardians and Defiant as cogs to hasten her release.

Read more Rift: Crucia Lore.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

Awsome stuff, i always love this type of game lore. It gives some meaning to the story lines. Its like not just reading a great book but being a character interacting with the story as it unfolds!

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    This game just keeps picking up more and more steam, thanks for the nice read.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

Well, it just sounds like the "average-fantasy-dragon-returns-from-his-exile" story. Rift is a nice game, but the lore and story were always its weakest parts.

Hodor!

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Shes a Dragon after my own heart <3

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by gwei1984

Well, it just sounds like the "average-fantasy-dragon-returns-from-his-exile" story. Rift is a nice game, but the lore and story were always its weakest parts.

No idea what you're talking about. You can say a lot about RIFT, but saying its story was always its weakest part? That's a stretch. RIFT has some amazing lore in it, some funny, some sad, and some fairly horrifying.

This coming from a guy who isn't even a huge fan of RIFT.

Smile

• tumtum42tumtum42 Member Posts: 22

-.-  liar point out one game that has read worthy lore cause i cant think of any  except for rift

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by tumtum42

-.-  liar point out one game that has read worthy lore cause i cant think of any  except for rift

But it's kind annoying when you pay attention to the lure and notice that they changed something. Didn't you hate when they changed Laethys prison location?

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

really nice stuff. What i really find weird is other mmos do the same thing and people say its too late. Its never too late, this is interesting, specially if it strenghten the lore

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85

It looks like copy/paste wow at release wasn't enough their 1st expac is called storm legion(remember burning crusade so similiar) and +10 levels, and a main city to share for both sides(remember shatt).

That's why I left rift cause they have 0 inovation and trying to milk the cow by making something similiar to wow.

Sorry trion you will never see my $ ever

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by Adelbern

It looks like copy/paste wow at release wasn't enough their 1st expac is called storm legion(remember burning crusade so similiar) and +10 levels, and a main city to share for both sides(remember shatt).

That's why I left rift cause they have 0 inovation and trying to milk the cow by making something similiar to wow.

I doubt they care since its pretty obvious from your post youve never played the game, either that or you have zero concept of what copy/paste means, heres a hint, it doesnt mean sorta looks/sounds similar.

yup, rifts totally copying wow by adding lvls in teh expansion rolf, and OMG they even named with with 2 words! how dare they clearkly rip off wow like this!

According to your logic wows just a copy paste of EQ, since ruins of kunark added  omg 10 levels to teh game! amd a mew city!

Wow fanboys need to get over the fact that wow isnt original, in any way, and just because somethings similar, doesnt mean it ripped off wow, since you know, wows not original.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Wait, Rift has lore?  When did this happen?

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

i love how the what couple of hundred rabid fans of this game attack anyone that says something negative about rift. You can all dream that rift isnt a wow clone but it is to the dime.  If rift was such a great game you would have more then 4 servers hitting over medium pop a night and on the weekends. You seem to forget therei s riftstatus that shows you population trends and rift continues to nose dive monthly. PVP is horrible Conquest is a complete joke by at least 75% of the player base and this expansion is about all thats left for rift i see happening. They better prey they sell a bunch of copies as I see it anymore population lose this game will be Free to play .

• MeurbalMeurbal Member CommonPosts: 4

Thought it was Palkia xD when i was looking at the mainpage photo xD

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Adelbern

Your loss, you sound bitter.

If it were a clone, rift would have the easy mode flying mounts. rift also has an amazing Soul system and countless other perks that make it one of the top MMO's on the market.

Saying they have o innovation is a serious attempt to troll the thread. 

Trion is always evolving the game, and do so better and more often than any company out there.

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by cronius77

i love how the what couple of hundred rabid fans of this game attack anyone that says something negative about rift. You can all dream that rift isnt a wow clone but it is to the dime.  If rift was such a great game you would have more then 4 servers hitting over medium pop a night and on the weekends. You seem to forget therei s riftstatus that shows you population trends and rift continues to nose dive monthly. PVP is horrible Conquest is a complete joke by at least 75% of the player base and this expansion is about all thats left for rift i see happening. They better prey they sell a bunch of copies as I see it anymore population lose this game will be Free to play .

and wow was a EQ clone.... yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah.

Rift doesn't have easy mode flying like Wow, most likely never will.

And it is not negative comments people don't like, it's comments from players who don't play, or played for a week and think they know the game.

Rift offers a ton of end game content, and is easily one of the top games on the market.

CQ is actually fun, have you actually played it? I dunno, I usually form my own opinion before making harsh comments. Maybe if you played the game I would have more respect for your post. People complain about everything, I gaurentee more people love CQ than hate it, it's packed every match.

Oh and saying rift is "nose diving" monthly is a false statement. Again, making things up to justify a negative tone is really not a good idea.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmbjj7Ent4 

this is the trailer(sorry couldnt find better then 720)ignore the 1080 saying ,it is a 720!wish trion would supply 1080i trailer gees it is about same data footprint but with real 1080 quality ,oh well maybe they ll do it soon!

• xK3runexK3rune Member Posts: 100

Number of subs doesn't sum up a game. Rift for one has a healthy playerbase anyways. The main problem is that people THINK WoW-clone and can't even make it to lv50 to experience the best parts of this game. If you don't like end-game, you're honestly probably doing it wrong. It's an MMO and I have friends that can enjoy Rift as a game as well, and I'm not playing alone like most of you haters.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

tombaker  i have 4 50s in rift two rogues and two warriors and the pvp is by far horrible and you can go to the rift forums in the warfronts and see how many people hate conquest so your full of it once again. Dont sit here and act like i do not know what the hell im talking about when i was in beta 1-6 and still have an account that was logged in after conquest released. Also you think people are stupid here? you think anyone cant go to riftstatus.net and look at the weekly subs for all servers US and EU? Rift has no end game you can lie to everyone here but its all based around two things pvp or gear grind. Keep telling yourself that Rift is doing so well when its not and hasnt been for almost a year. They went from over 100 servers you seem to forget and now have maybe 4 us servers that break medium pop ever and two of those rarely even break into high being deepwood and wolfsbane. Keep your inaccurate crap to yourself .

• all_sparksall_sparks Member Posts: 5

Rift has no end game 

This is the part where you basically lost any credibility in anything you've ever said or may say on this website.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

rift world pvp is one of the best idea in the mmorpg since vanilla wow and other had world raid pvp!ya its that good!the problem?its the the rest (at least in vanilla rift since i left since then)the rest is copy and pasted to the dotted i and the linned t off of wow!

so can one insanelly good feature be enough to pull in player?i dont need to respond this since player have spoken with their wallet,and if i aint wrong player yelled a resounding no!(sadly)

• xK3runexK3rune Member Posts: 100

tombaker  i have 4 50s in rift two rogues and two warriors and the pvp is by far horrible and you can go to the rift forums in the warfronts and see how many people hate conquest so your full of it once again. Dont sit here and act like i do not know what the hell im talking about when i was in beta 1-6 and still have an account that was logged in after conquest released. Also you think people are stupid here? you think anyone cant go to riftstatus.net and look at the weekly subs for all servers US and EU? Rift has no end game you can lie to everyone here but its all based around two things pvp or gear grind. Keep telling yourself that Rift is doing so well when its not and hasnt been for almost a year. They went from over 100 servers you seem to forget and now have maybe 4 us servers that break medium pop ever and two of those rarely even break into high being deepwood and wolfsbane. Keep your inaccurate crap to yourself .

So you made FOUR level 50s, played the betas, and played even after 1.9 released and you're trying to bash the game? LMAO. Seems like you enjoyed the game and had a bad experience somewhere down the road or really just burned out after apparently playing the game a lot, even though it has no end game and all, you just thought you'd check with 4 chars, fair enough. 

• tumtum42tumtum42 Member Posts: 22

games are games not a life they dont last forever people get bored and  go off to play other stuff

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by tumtum42

EverQuest and EverQuest 2 has some of the best lore of any MMO to date.

LOTRO has also really good lore (ofcourse they had the whole Tolkien library at their disposal lol) and even WoW had/has decent lore. At least I loved the lore in Vanilla WoW when I played it.