Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS2 should not be free to play but a small monthly fee

2»

Comments

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

when are people going to realize that nothing in this world is free

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

I am expecting some form of P2W but I really hope I am wrong.

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by Stizzled
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

when are people going to realize that nothing in this world is free

Air is free... for now.

it only free cause its full of pollutants.  the government controls all the clean air.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Fact, most people dont want to pay monthly to play a FPS, juust look at the first PS.

Also fact, having a monthly fee does not stop hackers from existing, just look at any game with a monthyl fee, including PS.

Originally posted by Snoepie

I would rather pay 10 euro a month instead of a game full of  players that are hacking/exploiting..

Id rather pay nothing for a game full of hackers and exploiters than pay monthly for a game full of hackers and exploiters.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Tinybina
    Originally posted by Agricola1

Nearly everytime I've heard someone cry hacker, it was because they just stunk at FPS and died alot. It's a typical knee jerk reaction to being owned, FPS takes some degree of twitch ability and 99% of people hate to be owned (including myself).

Or maybe those of us "Crying" about hacking have legitimate complaints? I mean when they have hacks in Planetside like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tab48J-vOXE which are almost impossible to detect.  It SUCKS but it also is the reason why so many people cry hacks when someone was better then them.  Because SOE allowed these types of hacks to infect their game.  Hacks like these are very dangerous to a fps if you ask me, I rather have the obvious hacker running around outrunning vehicles or even flying after them. Or even doing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-tH6U-3foQ         

?  Atleast when you see a guy doing this crap you know for sure he is hacking... Bottom line is I hope SOE really goes hard on hackers, When I face ICEVIPER, OrgeX, TehChain, TRxTopDawg, ShockFC, Dreamer, etc agian I want to knowat  ,      , be , b,   

When I last played Planetside I was usually somewhere in the 5 in kills daily, I would always see the same few names around mines.  ICEVIPER, OrgeX, TehChain, TRxTopdawg, Palmtree, ShockSN, etc... But im not going to lie, more then a few times I wondered if these guys were really as good as me or were they using the 1st hack... It stoped me from respecting them as much because I never knew for sure or not... I don't want to feel like that agian. When I see OrgeX in Planetside 2 tower hoping and clearing a tower out. Or watching one of the elite outfits like TRx, Delta Triad, Future Crew, Overlords, 1CMM, etc holding a base from a whole empire I want to know that they are just that good, instead of thinking it might be because they are using a ROF and/or COF hack  (First link) on the DL... 

SOE needs to step it up on the hacker front, they let us down in Planetside 1...

BTW OrgeX and Dreamer, you never knew me but I used to sit back as a cloaker and watch you guys and mimic your playstyle lol.  In many ways you guys where my teachers...  And you taught me quite well :P

When I last played Planetside I was usually top 5 in kills daily, I would always see the same few names around mines. ICEVIPER, OrgeX, TehChain, TRxTopdawg, ShockFC, etc... But im not going to lie, more then a few times I wondered if these guys were really as good as me or were they using the 1st hack... It stoped me from respecting them as much because I never knew for sure or not... I don't want to feel like that agian. When I see OrgeX in Planetside 2 towerhoping and clearing a tower out, I want to know that he is just that good instead of thinking it might be because he has a ROF or COF hack on the Dl...at

The trouble with your point is that you're saying you have never seen them hack, posess no proof yet you still want to be sure they're not hacking.

If they don't hack how will you prove this to be so? Even if they did hack you'd have to watch them like hawks and the most you could do is report it to CS anyway!

All of this accusing of hacks is like me saying to you "I think Osama Bin Laden is still alive, I know he's meant to be dead but how do I know he isn't dead? How do I know he isn't living in a cave in Pakistan with Elvis and Hitler?"

Yes it's a silly example but you get my drift, it's foolish trying to prove a false negative. But if they were living in a cave in Pakistan and hacking Planetside 2, I'd report them to SOE then move on and enjoy the game rather than dwelling on it like a brooding alcoholic.

Yes people hack, we all know it so report them and move on since there is nothing else you can do about it (effectively).

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Nearly everytime I've heard someone cry hacker, it was because they just stunk at FPS and died alot. It's a typical knee jerk reaction to being owned, FPS takes some degree of twitch ability and 99% of people hate to be owned (including myself).

Or maybe those of us "Crying" about hacking have legitimate complaints? I mean when they have hacks in Planetside like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tab48J-vOXE which are almost impossible to detect.  It SUCKS but it also is the reason why so many people cry hacks when someone was better then them.  Because SOE allowed these types of hacks to infect their game.  Hacks like these are very dangerous to a fps if you ask me, I rather have the obvious hacker running around outrunning vehicles or even flying after them. Or even doing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-tH6U-3foQ         

?  Atleast when you see a guy doing this crap you know for sure he is hacking... Bottom line is I hope SOE really goes hard on hackers, When I face ICEVIPER, OrgeX, TehChain, TRxTopDawg, ShockFC, Dreamer, etc agian I want to knowat  ,      , be , b,   

When I last played Planetside I was usually somewhere in the 5 in kills daily, I would always see the same few names around mines.  ICEVIPER, OrgeX, TehChain, TRxTopdawg, Palmtree, ShockSN, etc... But im not going to lie, more then a few times I wondered if these guys were really as good as me or were they using the 1st hack... It stoped me from respecting them as much because I never knew for sure or not... I don't want to feel like that agian. When I see OrgeX in Planetside 2 tower hoping and clearing a tower out. Or watching one of the elite outfits like TRx, Delta Triad, Future Crew, Overlords, 1CMM, etc holding a base from a whole empire I want to know that they are just that good, instead of thinking it might be because they are using a ROF and/or COF hack  (First link) on the DL... 

SOE needs to step it up on the hacker front, they let us down in Planetside 1...

BTW OrgeX and Dreamer, you never knew me but I used to sit back as a cloaker and watch you guys and mimic your playstyle lol.  In many ways you guys where my teachers...  And you taught me quite well :P

When I last played Planetside I was usually top 5 in kills daily, I would always see the same few names around mines. ICEVIPER, OrgeX, TehChain, TRxTopdawg, ShockFC, etc... But im not going to lie, more then a few times I wondered if these guys were really as good as me or were they using the 1st hack... It stoped me from respecting them as much because I never knew for sure or not... I don't want to feel like that agian. When I see OrgeX in Planetside 2 towerhoping and clearing a tower out, I want to know that he is just that good instead of thinking it might be because he has a ROF or COF hack on the Dl...at

The trouble with your point is that you're saying you have never seen them hack, posess no proof yet you still want to be sure they're not hacking.

If they don't hack how will you prove this to be so? Even if they did hack you'd have to watch them like hawks and the most you could do is report it to CS anyway!

All of this accusing of hacks is like me saying to you "I think Osama Bin Laden is still alive, I know he's meant to be dead but how do I know he isn't dead? How do I know he isn't living in a cave in Pakistan with Elvis and Hitler?"

Yes it's a silly example but you get my drift, it's foolish trying to prove a false negative. But if they were living in a cave in Pakistan and hacking Planetside 2, I'd report them to SOE then move on and enjoy the game rather than dwelling on it like a brooding alcoholic.

Yes people hack, we all know it so report them and move on since there is nothing else you can do about it (effectively).

HUH?

The point im trying to make here is:

1. Hacks did exist and some rather nasty ones at that. And pershaps its not just some "knee jerk reaction" as you said people make but maybe that person really does hack...

2. That SOE needs to do a better job vs hackers.

You just want to go with the flow and take what is given to you, I will not. Your the one who said you saw like what 1 hacker in a fps... You obviously either never played many FPS games (and certainly not Planetside) or you have no clue what to look for.  I was pointing out to you just a few of the hacks that existed in that game... There were many many more.

This is not 2004 anymore, there are alot of other MMOFPS on the horizon. SOE will either be accountable for their game and be more pro-active vs hackers or they will watch as we go to their competitors.  This is pretty much SOE last shot at making something of their once grand title as the MMO king. They can't afford to put the hacker issue on the back burner anymore, it needs to be giving priority right up there with the likes of gamplay.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

they can always sell the digital download and ill buy it, but if they add a monthly fee ill look elsewhere.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263

this game cant compete with P2P games, I think some are hyped about the CGI trailer, gameplay will sucks

• The_ArgoThe_Argo Member UncommonPosts: 15

1. Pay2Play is a dying model.

2. Pay2Play does not, has not, and will not stop hacking.

3. Free to play games with a cash shop generally make more money than just monthly subs. 

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

TehChain, or TheChain NC. Was not a hacker. I know this for certain as I played with him constantly.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by denshing

TehChain, or TheChain NC. Was not a hacker. I know this for certain as I played with him constantly.

Im not saying he or anyone else I listed was for sure hacking.. I was saying there is no way to know for sure especially if they were using the first hack I posted... And playing with someone "constantly" is not going prove that they didnt use a hack like the one I listed first...  Now if you said you were him or watched him play over his shoulder then that would be a different story.

Agian im not accusing TehChain of aything, he was a very good player and a freaking killing machine.  As a matter of fact I was only able to get 1000k in a day 1 time and 900 something another and he got 1k like what 4 times when I last played?... So he has my respect.

I'm just saying I always did wonder if some of the top killers were actually legit like me or did they use hacks like the one I posted in my first hyperlink...

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith