Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your first thread and for that matter how big did it get?

2»

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1455527#1455527

26 replies... my first post on this account.

(I also had another account before this one with a few hundred posts, but i lost access to the mail adres and then lost my password, never bothered to reactivate it and started this new account) cant remember what actually was my very first post with that account.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by Quirhid

So you must feel that actually scientific studies about guys playing gal toons or vise versa are trollish also eh why do you yourself notice such threads that do come up? Trollish I think not after all many studies feel people love to RP learn that word. You will be surprised on how big it is today look up Larping or Cosplay lmao Kudos to your thousand replies but my first thread has Millions of people who care about role playing vs the thought of playing in a sandbox world. RP MMO's are after all Still at top of the gaming market not so much sandbox games. Oh hey I did not know they gave out titles or achievements here for threads? I want mine for wining the Lets-Play-a-Game.. thread.

They are troll threads because, lets face it, most of them are troll threads (about that subject anyway) or in the very least they attract a huge number of troll replies. It all comes down to childish implications about someone's latent sexual orientation. Or some other nonsense.

Reading into someone's character is as scientific as astrology or phrenology.

-P&P GM for 6 years.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Looking at my history... I guess Bards: Where Are They? was my first thread. It had 33 replies in it.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Nadia

no idea - my post history gets cutoff at Aug 2006  ;)

any first topic i did make, probably pertained to game news

Taking a look at your first recorded thread Nightfall preview I found it encouraging that you wanted to exprice excitement over the latest tier set for GW. Nicely done.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Hmm, a sobering excercise.  Seems when I first joined MMORPG.com I was still a WOW fan, and spent many of my first posts defending the title.  image  How times have changed.

As for my first thread, looking back about 285 pages I found what I believe to be my first one, and once again, my noobness clearly shows through.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1045722#1045722

I created an ill-thought out poll that dealt with my concern regarding potential imbalance in the 2 faction combat system that the upcoming title Warhammer might experience. (which I was spot on, just didn't correctly identify why it might occur)

What I didn't realize is MMORPG players don't neccessarily chose a faction based on how attractive characters look in a MMORPG (sometimes they do I realize) or whether one side is good or evil, but the single most important factor apparently is how bad ass they look/act. (wearing lots of black/red of course)

Unfortunately, my lack of research prior to creating my poll pretty much killed my thread, and it only ran for 62 posts.

I've since learned the tricks of the trade when it comes to choosing forum topics, and if you really want to get a thread rolling hot you must 1st choose a good topic, generally something like promoting F2P, shouting that grouping is better than soloing, or defending some reprehensible behaivor such as Clawson did. image

Also one must be extremely accurate and precise in the OP or people will derail the thread entirely, falling all over themselves to point out how "FAIL" it is in the first place. image

Tyvm I agree 100% and hey we were all noobish at thread posting one time or anouther.image

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1455527#1455527

26 replies... my first post on this account.

(I also had another account before this one with a few hundred posts, but i lost access to the mail adres and then lost my password, never bothered to reactivate it and started this new account) cant remember what actually was my very first post with that account.

Actually I read that thread and thought your concerns for AOC was valid. And it seems so do Devs of MMO's today for it seems that is no longer a issue with today's MMO's who knows maybe Devs do take note on these forums after all? IDK

So you must feel that actually scientific studies about guys playing gal toons or vise versa are trollish also eh why do you yourself notice such threads that do come up? Trollish I think not after all many studies feel people love to RP learn that word. You will be surprised on how big it is today look up Larping or Cosplay lmao Kudos to your thousand replies but my first thread has Millions of people who care about role playing vs the thought of playing in a sandbox world. RP MMO's are after all Still at top of the gaming market not so much sandbox games. Oh hey I did not know they gave out titles or achievements here for threads? I want mine for wining the Lets-Play-a-Game.. thread.

They are troll threads because, lets face it, most of them are troll threads (about that subject anyway) or in the very least they attract a huge number of troll replies. It all comes down to childish implications about someone's latent sexual orientation. Or some other nonsense.

-P&P GM for 6 years.

imageLMAO paint the kettle black dude. After all you are trying to troll on this thread. Concidering you RPG yourself here is my proff So you lack at trolling and are not doing a very good job at it. I must say come back when you get better at it..

Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Looking at my history... I guess Bards: Where Are They? was my first thread. It had 33 replies in it.

TY I actually miss games like A Bards Tale one of my very first computer games. To this day there is not many Bard classes in MMO's it is a shame.

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

I can't figure out which post was my first actual thread. I wasn't even big on replying way back when.

How old do I have to be to get the old school title anyway?

Now with 57.3% more flames!

Originally posted by pyrofreak

I can't figure out which post was my first actual thread. I wasn't even big on replying way back when.

I just checked out your last recorded post and grats dude for wining. lol

Holy shit I won something.

I imagine you upgraded your graphics card by now eh lol. Was it a good card?

Yes I do think you should have the Old School title.image

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481
    Originally posted by pyrofreak

I just checked out your last recorded post and grats dude for wining. lol

Holy shit I won something.

I imagine you upgraded your graphics card by now eh lol. Was it a good card?

Yes I do think you should have the Old School title.image

I didn't get the graphics card, it was some other prize in the same contest. It's been long enough I don't even remember what I won. It might be where I got my MX510 mouse that's still kicking along.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

-P&P GM for 6 years.

imageLMAO paint the kettle black dude. After all you are trying to troll on this thread. Concidering you RPG yourself here is my proff So you lack at trolling and are not doing a very good job at it. I must say come back when you get better at it..

Did you misread his post? Why bother digging up "proof" that he plays RPGs when he already signed his post "P&P GM for 6 years"?

Even if you didn't know when you created the thread, bringing up the subject of guys playing female avatars is troll territory. People have very strong opinions on the topic and will start a shitstorm over them at the drop of a hat. There's no worthwhile discussion to be found in such a thread.

Originally posted by Disdena

-P&P GM for 6 years.

Did you misread his post? Why bother digging up "proof" that he plays RPGs when he already signed his post "P&P GM for 6 years"?

Even if you didn't know when you created the thread, bringing up the subject of guys playing female avatars is troll territory. People have very strong opinions on the topic and will start a shitstorm over them at the drop of a hat. There's no worthwhile discussion to be found in such a thread.

Oh? How so after all this comunity just has a very friendly thread just a day or two on this very subject.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/358394/page/1

In the GW2 forums and er um no trolling was in that one. No strong opionios were made and acualy it was a worthwhile didcussion so I do not see were you get your facts from?

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

The problem is, if you are old enough, your first actual post will be before mmorpg.com changed their forums.  Well, whatever they did.  I can't remember anymore, but the format changed and I lost the first two years of posts.  I know my first post was about SWG...