Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm a Ganker. Don't hate me.

Comments

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by warmaster670
    Originally posted by dave6660

I love these threads, it really stirs up the natives.

Be prepared for many "holier than thou" responses.

You say that as if its a bad thing, of course people are gonna have those responses, gankers are the lowest of the low, just like people who abuse children/the eldery, beating on someone that cant fight back makes you a pussy and a coward.

Hey man......anyone tell you.....it's just a game........

Yes I played SWTOR.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I've never had a problem getting ganked it's all in good fun. Now camping... thats a different story.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

You say that as if its a bad thing, of course people are gonna have those responses, gankers are the lowest of the low, just like people who abuse children/the eldery, beating on someone that cant fight back makes you a pussy and a coward.

No what is lowest of the low are hacked gankers. those cowards dont know the meaning of skill. They are losers who feel the need to bully virtual people because they live in momies basement still or they lack the mentality of as mention all ready anyone below the age of four.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

OK, I am fully against ganking, I hate it, it annoys me no end..... but I can kinda see where OP is coming from.

If you WANT to fight against other players, then select a PvP server

If you DONT, then select a PvE server.

If only it was that simple though.

Games that give you the choice of different server types are good because you can choose as above. The idea of fighting against other players actually appeals to me. But I dont roll on PvP servers anymore, because of Ganking.

Ganking is not killing other players, thats PvP. Ganking is going round in large groups and hunting down single players, or going to low level areas and killing players 10 levels below you. That is where the problem lies. People just going round killing other players that they know have no chance to fight back, then running away when someone who is an equal match for them comes along. 

This is why I like GW2 WvW. No Ganking, everyone is the same level, and has pretty much equivelant stats. Yes, higher level players will have more/better skills etc, but the stats are going to be the same. This means its your SKILL that determines if you win a 1 on 1, not whether you are a higher level or have better gear. If you enjoy ganking, GW2 WvW is not for you. If you enjoy PvP though, then come join us, you will love it, its a TRUE test of skill, which is what you want right OP?

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by laserit

I've never had a problem getting ganked it's all in good fun. Now camping... thats a different story.

I agree tho it seems like you don't have one without the other very often....

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Wow, so much hate and venomous replies here...

People, if you're on a server with generous PvP rules.... then someone might PvP you according to those rules. He didnt even say he was camping people, basically just that "red = dead."

And comparing it to abusing children..? Its a GAME, with RULES, and yes even gankers just follow the RULES.

Geeez people..! image

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

My single and only rule when I pvp:

Nobody escapes.

I have no discrimination when I PvP. If your in my view your being attacked. If you happen to be lower then me...welp sucks to be you. Sorry but I am not going to pan over people check there level...check there gear..check there class... check to make sure they are ready... no, im gonna go run that guy through with my sword.

If you don't want that then you shouldn't have rolled a PvP server...

There are way to many people that roll PvP because they think it automatically makes them hardcore PvPers. No it makes you part of the PvP Problem games face today. Trying to satisfy non PvPers on PvP servers. You dont want to get ganked gtfo a PvP server.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203

If your red your dead. I dont care what level you are or what your doing. If you kill me sweet im ok with that too.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Simple answer to the hate- only gank people who want to pvp and are the same level or above. Job done op? You like football op, do you like to play players in the same league or do you like to score over and over again while playing a junior side?

To be honost I am NOT a pvp type of player in MMORPG's, but every now and then I do play MMO's that have pvp for this I take me experiance with Fallen Earth.

Me somewhat a greedy crafter that meaning likes I do allot to get to the best resources,  Fallen Earth had towns and resource hot spots where you could pvp, due to having limited times and mostly not during peaktimes I often was very lucky to get allot of resources from pvp area's. But when the weekend hits those spots became a major risk to goto. Regardless I went in still wanting that oh so precious resource.

Suddenly I hear bullits pretty close to me, then a few of them hit me, I yell'd "I DON'T PVP sorry" and he yell'd back and said "YOU ARE IN A PVP AREA leave if you make it out alive hahahaha"

I thought to myself he was right and then it became sort of tom and jerry game, he started chasing me, I started avoiding him, while he was just a few lvl's above me, I didn't make my character combat worthy.....yet...hens me going for the best resources :) But I had a few lucky shots that actually did some damage, but his shots where far more damaging to me. And after some chansing, me hoping to get a safe zone he shot me in the head. We actaully chatted some more after and I told him he was completely in his right to try and kill me in a pvp zone.

I died and respawned pretty close to the pvp area, I felt a rush, a pretty nice feeling, mainly due to how the conversation went.

But little old me still greedy for new resources, think I was working on some armor. So after patching myself up I thought well the guy is probebly gone, and he actually was, untill the 2 day's later we met again, we had a better fight yet he still won.

Sorry for the spelling and everything but HEINIKEN made me do it :P

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by Hauvarn

Noooooooooooo, really?

Ganking = videogame equivelent of what I said, sad I have to point this out to people, should have been obvious.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Psychow

Ganker = Coward

L2P and stop being a wuss.

This. Gankers are bullies. They don't want fair fights they want to totally demolish the other player. They feed off the angst of the defeated. No matter how socially adjusted a ganker may feel that they are anyone who gets joy from hurting others is a social misfit - in EVERY human society.

Originally posted by tordurbar

Ganker = Coward

This. Gankers are bullies. They don't want fair fights they want to totally demolish the other player. They feed off the angst of the defeated. No matter how socially adjusted a ganker may feel that they are anyone who gets joy from hurting others is a social misfit - in EVERY human society.

I agree to a point is that as mention if you dont want to get ganked then dont roll on a pvp server or dont flag prob solved.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Ganker = Coward

gankers are bullies!!!! haha you are way too sensitive..how do you survive in the real world at all?

Ganker = Coward

Lawl.. Stay in your instanced PvP and dont roll a PvP server then.

PvP servers are created to allow Open World PvP. If you look at the differences between PvP and PvE servers that is the only difference in just about all MMO's.

If you don't like being attacked while your grinding mobs, well PvE server is  ===> that way.

You still get your instanced crap and you leave the real PvPers alone.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

I have absolutely nothing against gankers, because they are playing within the ruleset that is built into the game. If they were doing something that they're not supposed to... they wouldn't be able to do it. For example, if members of the same faction weren't supposed to attack each other, the game wouldn't allow you to attack members of your own faction. If you weren't supposed to attack characters 5 levels under you, the game wouldn't allow you to attack characters 5 levels under you. If you weren't supposed to attack people who are currently fighting a mob... well, you get the idea.

Complaining about gankers in a game that allows ganking makes about as much sense as complaining about the defensive team "camping" in an objective-based FPS. You're arguing that someone who has an advantage—an advantage given to them by design—should give it up so that they have a higher chance of losing. If you're not okay with someone sitting in the room with the briefcase pointing a OHKO sniper rifle at the door, why are you playing an objective-based FPS? If you're not okay with being jumped on by someone who you literally cannot deal 1 point of damage to, why are you playing a level-based, equipment-based PvP MMO?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by laserit

I agree tho it seems like you don't have one without the other very often....

Some people just dont have any class.

One memory that always give's me a chuckle, was back in vanilla day's, I had stopped at crossroads to check my mail and as I'm reading.... STUNLOCK and I fell victim to a Jack the Ripper rogue named "Punish" on my server, I almost fell off my chair laughing. I had killed him many times in Alterac Valley and many Open world  engagements as he had killed me. I loved the rivalries back in the days before the multible server battlegrounds. He was famous for ganking, in places where you would least expect it. But he would never camp.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Originally posted by Vunak23

Ganker = Coward

PvP servers are created to allow Open World PvP. If you look at the differences between PvP and PvE servers that is the only difference in just about all MMO's.

If you don't like being attacked while your grinding mobs, well PvE server is  ===> that way.

Im going to gank you cookie monster and Im going to steal your cookies hope you dont mind. image

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

I used love getting chase by gankers in lineage 2..just watching them run after you for ages was a riot.

Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by Vunak23

Ganker = Coward

Im going to gank you cookie monster and Im going to steal your cookies hope you dont mind. image

Bring It! image

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I think there are different types of gankers:

1. PvP Ganker - He'll kill anything. "If it's red it's dead" is his motto. These are generally accepted as being OK.

2. Coward - He takes his max level character and terrorized lowbies. Killing quest givers as also a hoot!

3. Dickwad - He is the same as #2, but then corpse camps his victims. He's never been in a fair fight.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper
    Originally posted by Axehilt

I don't hate you.

I avoid the lousy games which let you gank.

And then because millions of others think like me (wanting PVE and/or True/Hardcore PVP, but not Gank/World/Casual PVP), those games are fading away.

"True pvp".. No such thing, there are merely different types of pvp.

Thinking the majority in arena instances in mmorpgs are after "hardcore" pvp and not simply after accessible pvp. Oh my sides.

Please... Kicking a guy on the ground is not proper PvP. You can't get much more hardcore than e-sports. You go ahead with your "meaningful PvP" and fight over your imaginary castles. Meanwhile I'll be laughing all the way to the bank to cash in my prize cheque.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

1. PvP Ganker - He'll kill anything. "If it's red it's dead" is his motto. These are generally accepted as being OK.

2. Coward - He takes his max level character and terrorized lowbies. Killing quest givers as also a hoot!

3. Dickwad - He is the same as #2, but then corpse camps his victims. He's never been in a fair fight.

Pretty much, although there are no doubt lots of options in between. It is quite funny when people try to tar every player with the same brush.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

I would say this is true. I fit in category #1 myself. I kill it if it moves. But I think all types belong. It creates drama on a server, and interaction/reputations something modern MMO's dont have anymore. We need the PK's, RPers, PvEers, Anti-PK's, Merc Squads...etc.  A game should have all of those. PvEers should look to the Anti-PK's or hire mercs to protect them while they get there stuff done.

Its like the circle of life... yet now a days all we have is like a really jacked up triangle.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

"True pvp".. No such thing, there are merely different types of pvp.

Thinking the majority in arena instances in mmorpgs are after "hardcore" pvp and not simply after accessible pvp. Oh my sides.

When did I say MMORPG PVP is true PVP?  Most real PVPers find it in genres like RTSes, MOBAs, and FPSes.  Instanced MMORPG PVP is casual-tilted due to gear -- and world PVP is massively casual-tilted due to zerging.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by Hauvarn

Noooooooooooo, really?

Ganking = videogame equivelent of what I said, sad I have to point this out to people, should have been obvious.

They have no video game equivilent.  Sad I have to point that out.  It's too different.

Yes I played SWTOR.