Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Awesome Review.... FAQs and Constructive Critism

cyraethcyraeth Member Posts: 53

I just saw a video from TotalBiscuit and he's toughs on the 3 bwe.... he manage to do an excellent overview of the game, pointing the strengh of the game, answering some questions with solid evidence (questions that seemed to be popular on this forums "DE are not good, hearts are same quest as Wow" etc) and does a rational cristism of what might be missin..

anyways, heres the link.... the video its 37 min long and may contain some spoilers in Asura areas (youve been warned)... if you have doubs of the game or just want to heard a gaming eminence talking about Guild Wars 2.. then check it out....! Probably many of you already did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtG0kkDviTU&feature=g-u-u

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

He does a good job of explaining how quests in GW2 are a lot differn't than other MMOs

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

This was excellent. Thanks.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

just finished the whole thing.. great stuff to show people how this game really tries to set itself apart from the other sea of themeparks out there

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Thanks for the link!

I honestly didn't expect this from TB, I kinda got the impression that he was done covering the game. It's nice to see his final thoughts, and overall I'd say he's pretty spot on (on both the positives and the concerns).

I don't agree with him about high-lvl content, though. I think that being forced to repeat low-lvl events isn't going to be an issue. If anything, I think the big problem w/ higher lvl content might be polish. Being as they haven't been tested nearly as thoroughly as the other zones, I'm guessing that the higher areas will have more bugs / glitches that will need to be ironed out.

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121

constructive  divided  destructive criticism = reliable criticism.....end .

wash  up  fanvids as many you like ...you gotta do lots more to make reliable

• I think the game is diverse and very exciting. Try it out  I think you will like it

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by forceofchad

I think the game is diverse and very exciting. Try it out  I think you will like it

thank you i already played the old GW  .....i dont think  im going for round 2

although through the years with anet i witnessed that they do care bout their  game(s)

• cyraethcyraeth Member Posts: 53

Thx for the positive feedback.... i do believe its important to set faqs straight in this forums...Totalbicuits really shines when it comes to arguments... hopefully this video will change the mind of some ilogical haters (not liking the game is OK, not liking it because of stupid reasons and/or lack of information or just fanatism its not OK, and actually gets banned by the forum rules) educate players is the best answer (triying not to sounf cocky on that one)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Very interesting,

Finally a reviewer that knows what i am thinking. His concerns in generaly are mine...

The game is far from perfect, and i am currently wondering if it will be really "Done" when its released. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

It's not a review. Totalbiscuit doesn't do reviews. Other than that, yeah, good video, good feedback.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Naqaj

It's not a review. Totalbiscuit doesn't do reviews. Other than that, yeah, good video, good feedback.

and this is nitpicking, Total biscuit in general gives his opinion, in all honesty, where reviews are often to political to keep good relations with the developers.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MagnnarotMagnnarot Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by Dickweed71
    Originally posted by forceofchad

I think the game is diverse and very exciting. Try it out  I think you will like it

thank you i already played the old GW  .....i dont think  im going for round 2

although through the years with anet i witnessed that they do care bout their  game(s)

Do you know how much of old GW the new game plays like?

Lore aside, 0%. It isn't ANYTHING like GW1, it should prolly have been named something else (since its even missing the thematic gvg, unless they plan to implement it as the game goes that is).

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

a little bit of nitpicking at 6:00 when TB mentioned "they (ANET) adapted WoW's vehicle system" for environmental weapons:
    vehicle system came to WoW in Wrath of the Lich King.
    Junundu in GW1 Nightfall predates that for 2 years and Siege devourer in Eye of the North a year before WotLK. ANET was doing that before Blizzard did. I dunno if other MMOs had done that prior to NF, but thats not the point ;)
    /not a WoW clone

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306
    Originally posted by illyana

a little bit of nitpicking at 6:00 when TB mentioned "they (ANET) adapted WoW's vehicle system" for environmental weapons:
    Junundu in GW1 Nightfall predates that for 2 years and Siege devourer in Eye of the North a year before WotLK. ANET was doing that before Blizzard did. I dunno if other MMOs had done that prior to NF, but thats not the point ;)
    /not a WoW clone

I think he meant that Blizzard adapted their own vehicle system for environmental style weapons - and how it took years to do, yet GW2 is doing it out the box.

M

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Naqaj It's not a review. Totalbiscuit doesn't do reviews. Other than that, yeah, good video, good feedback.
    and this is nitpicking, Total biscuit in general gives his opinion, in all honesty, where reviews are often to political to keep good relations with the developers.

TotalBiscuit insists that his videos are not reviews yet MMORPG forumites continue to them reviews. TotalBiscuit gives his first impressions on games, he doesn't do full-on reviews, which normally require a reviewer to invest dozens of hours into a game, and possibly hundreds of hours in case of large MMORPGs, because he hasn't got the time to do so and because he doesn't want his opinion to be regarded as some sort of review.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

/not a WoW clone

Yeah, he means how WoW adapted the vehicle system introduced in Wotlk to questing in Cataclysm. I do not think he ever wanted to imply that GW2 system is similar to WoW Vehicle system :)

In general, it was a nice video :)

Also I just realized that Event chains are what Blizzard tried to do with their phasing system, only the GW2 approach is actually better cause the population is not divided into phases.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I liked TB's "review", "opinions", or whatever else you want to describe it as.  There was a lot of things i agreed with, especially about the haters and fanboys. haha.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

/not a WoW clone

*Nitpicks back* TB actually said that WoW implemented similar system by adapting it's own vehicle system. Not that GW2 uses WoWs vehicle system at any way shape or form. 

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I enjoyed the video but let's be honest here people... Rikkiti stole the show.

SHINY!

Oderint, dum metuant.

• cyraethcyraeth Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Silverbarr

/not a WoW clone

I think he meant that Blizzard adapted their own vehicle system for environmental style weapons - and how it took years to do, yet GW2 is doing it out the box.

M

+1 Yeap thats the same message i got....