Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

problem with lag

Swafdawg23Swafdawg23 Member Posts: 390

i just reinstalled planetside and go into the game and im laggin like crazy now....it will play alright then after a few seconds, the whole game will freeze up for about 10-15 seconds and then be alright again. and it just does that over and over again. anybody know what could be the problem and how i can fix it? please help!!! its making me want to cancel...but i love this game!!!

gamertag - Swaffle House

Comments

• snipersmithsnipersmith Member Posts: 5
    it could be alot of things. It could be your comp. Inorder to play planetside you need a REALLY good comp, if you dont it will lag like shit. I think you should get a game with good graphics and doesnt lag, like world of warcraft imageimage
  • PnHobbitPnHobbit Member CommonPosts: 195

Originally posted by snipersmith
    it could be alot of things. It could be your comp. Inorder to play planetside you need a REALLY good comp, if you dont it will lag like shit. I think you should get a game with good graphics and doesnt lag, like world of warcraft imageimage

World of Warcraft will lag.

• SempaiEclipseSempaiEclipse Member Posts: 164

yea, you might get lag in WoW too.

Just update you computer..I say its the video card..I lag like crap, but when i got a new video card..I could play on high gfx..(with 50 fps in big fights 2.) so I just try a new video card...XD

Thanks Impyriel for the sig^^

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Turn off your AV software before going in game.
    Adjust the graphics. PlanetSide is a game where you don't WANT flora at full (or even on) because it'll make it harder to see stealthers and mines (hehe go fig, making the game look awesome makes it harder to play LOL)

Turn the graphics WAY down. You don't need to see grass and the veins in the bark on trees in this game. It's a FPS.

Use the alternate sound pack that you can download. It REALLY cuts on lag if your sound card is having issues with the normal ones. I know a lot of folks that this helped TREMENDOUSLY.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas