Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Man dies playing too much Diablo III

2»

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by toddze

Ive came close to being awake 40 hours straight, it wasnt playing a game though, it was work. I know it was well over 30 hours. Thankfully I dont do that job anymore, I never thought of it being fatal. 40 hours really isnt that long. I wonder what type of health he was in.

I been awake for 48 hours straight many times, it is tireing but not that bad. My playing straight n a row was 18 hours in Lineages beta and that was ten times as bad as 48 hours awake.

For some reason computer gaming is just worse when you play a long time than working or playing P&P RPGs. It might be because it is easier to forget eating and you take fewer breaks or something.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by toddze

Ive came close to being awake 40 hours straight, it wasnt playing a game though, it was work. I know it was well over 30 hours. Thankfully I dont do that job anymore, I never thought of it being fatal. 40 hours really isnt that long. I wonder what type of health he was in.

I been awake for 48 hours straight many times, it is tireing but not that bad. My playing straight n a row was 18 hours in Lineages beta and that was ten times as bad as 48 hours awake.

For some reason computer gaming is just worse when you play a long time than working or playing P&P RPGs. It might be because it is easier to forget eating and you take fewer breaks or something.

Also, sitting for long stretches of time is very bad for you in a number of ways. You're probably less likely to take a break from a videogame (if you play like a fiend) than when studying or with friends. 

• billysweirdbillysweird Member Posts: 2

Why are these things always from an asian country mostly around china, fucking chinese governemnt and their propaganda. They don't post how many workers die from exaustion or military excersizes but once every 2 years some idiot dies from starving himself playing a game and all of a sudden video games are satan.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by DaezAster

I can't believe they would let some one stay in there for that long. Would think there would be some time limit. This is sad on many levels...

It is a bit odd, but then at the end of the day it is his fault for being so fking stupid.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper
    Originally posted by DaezAster

I can't believe they would let some one stay in there for that long. Would think there would be some time limit. This is sad on many levels...

It is a bit odd, but then at the end of the day it is his fault for being so fking stupid.

Never speak ill for the dead dude. Life is too short and karma hits back pretty hard.

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

poor kid  i bet the internet cafe wont take any of the blame . all they wanted was  his money  one thinge ive learned from  working in an office being sat down  all day  if cant get away from your desk just do a few crunches get blood moving in your legs 

how he lasted 40hrs playing that game i dont know  1hr  would  get me off for  the reast of the week