Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need to know what i need, to get started playing.

Hello!
Firts off, i've been out of the Star Wars scene for a good while and i saw Epsiode 3 last night with the wife and that kinda got me fuled up again for SW.
I want to start playing SWG, i just need to know what i need to buy to get started and aren't there tuns of expansions and addons i'll have to buy?   I do have a station pass.
And my second question is: can i fight for the empire and eventually become  the equivalent of a jedi on the imperial/sith side?  

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by zerosnfinity

Hello!
    Firts off, i've been out of the Star Wars scene for a good while and i saw Epsiode 3 last night with the wife and that kinda got me fuled up again for SW.
    I want to start playing SWG, i just need to know what i need to buy to get started and aren't there tuns of expansions and addons i'll have to buy?   I do have a station pass.
    And my second question is: can i fight for the empire and eventually become  the equivalent of a jedi on the imperial/sith side?  
    Thanks for your help.

You just need SWG:The Total Experience.  It contains all the available expantions.

There are Dark Jedi, but as to fighting for the Empire.  Well yes, to a very limited extent.  A few quests (read handful) involve such things.  However the game is very much focused on neutral play styles, sadly.

The only real long term fraction content is sadly currently just player made and its not handed to you on a plate.

• zerosnfinityzerosnfinity Member Posts: 3

so, Total Experience is all i need? I take it that includes the core game also (hence the name (total experience).  do you ever get to see vader or sidious?

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

You might get lucky to see Vader if his shuttle lands in a city to address the Imperial players. But usually ruined because a light jedi will stand next to him and mock him and dare him to do anything.

As for the Emperor (Siddious) you need to be an Imperial and do the Emperor's Retreat Themepark.

Total Experiance is everything you need up until TOW but it wont be out until the DVD release to help advertise for it and get more DVD sales because SWG is now just a ROTS commerical anymore.

Kai

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by zerosnfinity

so, Total Experience is all i need? I take it that includes the core game also (hence the name (total experience).  do you ever get to see vader or sidious?

Yes, you just need the Total experience as it also includes the core game.

You will see both if you do the Emperor's Retreat themepark.  In fact you'll do missions for them.  There are also some newer quests (outside the themepark) were you see them and once again do work for them.

Also occationally you will  see Darth Vader land in a city and will hand out fraction  PvE and PvP quests.  Although their quaility is extremenly poor.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

All you need is in the "The Total Experience" box (core game, space expansion, Rage of the Wookiees expansion aka quests expansion, one month game play, one BARC speeder vehicle that is worth 3-5 million credits when sold in game). Costs you some 25-30 $.

Here is one of the interesting Vader events:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/433/loadthread/48502/setstart/1/loadclass/103

with Vader being played by a member of the SOE event team. Since then all hell has broken lose PvP wise on Tatooine, especially around Anchorhead (on Naritus galaxy, to which I very much invite you). 

have fun

Erillion

• zerosnfinityzerosnfinity Member Posts: 3

thanks for your replies guys.  i hope to see you in game in the next day or so.

peace.image