Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BF2 - Worth it or not?

I'm bored.  Real bored.  I am also cheap.  The cheapest they come.  I tryed the BF2 demo a while ago and couldnt really find anyone to fight, i didnt get to get in any vehicals or anything like that, it was basically not a good experience.  My CSS clan plays BF2 a lot and i always hear them talking on vent while they play and it sounds fun!  I told them about my BF2 Demo experience and they are like the demo is horrible, but the game is good.

One other thing I have noticed, is that a month or 2 ago, on Xfire, a lot and lot of my friends of friends would be playing battlefield.  Now i scan my friends of friends list and cant even find one playing BF2.

Soo, I am asking the community... "Do you think BF2 is worth shelling out the 50 bucks (from a jobless college kids perspective)."  "Do you still enjoy it, and have been playing a long time?"

Thanks for the replys... please only try to give advice if you have played the game.

Comments

• mister_GuSmister_GuS Member Posts: 811

except u can get it for like 18 bucks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
    120 gigs of HD

REMEMBER: He who hates the beaner, Will loose his WIENER!

• SackynutSackynut Member Posts: 558

Bf2 is an awesome game. I highly recommend buying it. Except, the demo is almost the same. I think you should play the demo more and get into it. Its actually a really good game. And after owning it for a few moths i even upgraded my computer so I couldnt play it smoother on high graphic settings among other games. Its a great FPS and war game. And it has your own player who can win awards and gain ranks and all that good stuff. Play the demo a little more, I think you will enjoy it.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Id recommend it only if you have a high end system.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805
      I love the game. One thing to keep in mind is that it's not a simulation like "Ghost Recon". It's definitely arcade.  But the demo is what won me. I played the demo alone for 2 weeks before running out and buying the full version.

• Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501
    Since the EQ2 combat revamp, I have been playing BF2 non-stop...  You may already know this, but based on your kills and teammwork (capturing bases, defending bases and etc.) you advance your "character" through military ranks...  This gives you unlockable weapons and improves your skill overall...  I prefer the engineer, and have a nifty new shotgun after achieving Lance Corporal...  One thing is a must, SQUADS!!!!  Learn how to utilize the GUI and always spawn on your squad leader when you can...  Best FPS ever...

• moonfogmoonfog Member Posts: 979

Defently yes, yes, YES!

But the price you mentioned seemd totaly wack! Dont by it for that price!

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736
    50 bucks too high? where do you suggest i get it?  Bestbuy, Walmart, Amazon (40 + shipping) ... all 50 bucks.
  • OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Well, I DONT. Its been riddled with bugs and problems since release, no one cares about fair play or team work, its all about getting points to gain the next rank. Its a great game, until you realise youre playing on a team by yourself.

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805

Originally posted by Orcc

Well, I DONT. Its been riddled with bugs and problems since release, no one cares about fair play or team work, its all about getting points to gain the next rank. Its a great game, until you realise youre playing on a team by yourself.

Orcc has a point. The online rank system is dominated by people taking advantage of bugs and such to pad their ranks. In one battle I saw this one guy that kept killing people with just a knife over and over. At first I was impressed but what was happening is that some guy was surrounded by a couple of friends and they would let him knife them. There would be a medic next to them and the medic would repeatedly revive them when they died. This was padding the one friend's online record. I would have to say this is cheating. But the good thing is that it really doesn't affect your experience. Just kinda makes "earning" your record less special.

It still is a great buy! Awesome FPS with awesome smooth and responsive controls.

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144
    Well I never played BF2 so I have no idea what to think about the game. But if you are as cheap as you say you are(thats what caught my attention) also I was curious about BF2 myself. Maybe(just a suggestion) you should try AA(America's Army) its totally free. So if your cheap and want an FPS shooter to pass the time try AA. Obviously it won't be as good as other FPS's out there but for being free, it does what it needs to do and that is kill time till the next big MMORPG comes out. Laters!

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• moonfogmoonfog Member Posts: 979

Originally posted by doobster
    50 bucks too high? where do you suggest i get it?  Bestbuy, Walmart, Amazon (40 + shipping) ... all 50 bucks.

Hm, ops my bad. It just seemed high, but once i converted it to euro it was not. Hehe, sorry. Its a good price. Dont mind me, Im a nutcase. ::::12::

But about ppl taking advantage of the ranking system; yeah ppl cheat and they allways will. I personaly dont care/worry about them, just enjoy the game. ::::20::

• blur.murdocblur.murdoc Member Posts: 35

Ehh it's an alright game. I don't really like it that much because there is not much infantry action. It tends to be a frenzy of vehicles. I myself prefer games such as Call of Duty over BF2. But besides that it is a decent game that should hold your attention for a while.