Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest: Depths of Darkhollow Q&A

Craig Knapp, a Producer on EverQuest, sat down to answer some questions from Staff Writer Darren Bridle as we delve into the upcoming expansion pack: Depths of Darkhollow.

image MMORPG.com: Looking at the list of features, I don’t see any new interface changes, enhancements to guild's etc, will we be seeing anything like this?
Craig Knapp: We added a number of enhancements to guilds in Dragons of Norrath and we wanted to broaden the target of the features to a much wider audience. Each feature is accessible to players of all level ranges and it doesn’t matter if a player is in a guild, if they’re a hard core raider, or a casual player because the feature appeals to each group.

In terms of interface changes, it’s interesting you bring that up because we haven’t mentioned it publicly yet. We’ve been working very hard on a revamp of the interface that will be out shortly after the Depths of Darkhollow release. This is not only a revamp of the art that is currently used, but it we will also be consolidating windows and adding a Menu button that will be much more newbie friendly. The revamp is still in the early stages of development, but it will be a significant improvement and we’re really looking forward to getting it out there to everyone.

You can read the full interview here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

It does sound great! But I am cured from the evercrack! image

I wish everyone still playing the game to enjoy it, it really does sound great. And nope, I will never resume a must raid setting...except maybe for the small trivial companies, I can understand limited budget for them, and only for them! image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• appelappel Member Posts: 53

This looks like the 1st wothy expansion since SoV. But yeah, I'm long done with EQ :/