Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The reason for the negative comments during BWE

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Its funny to see how during these weekends only the negatives seem to start new posts during BWE, while the positives seem to busy playing the actuall game.

Come back monday to see all the Positives posting again.

offcourse their is room for criticsime, but most of the criticisme comes from people that have been negative about the game for to long and got a beta ticket, and now they get intoo game with the only reason to find things to back up their statement, like the guy who says Questing is bad and just standard, and he uses a single Asura quest to prove it. I agree that this was one of the very weak ones, but there are 1498 other ones to prove him wrong. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

LOL I've been posting but only because after 36 hours non stop in game I started having visual hallucinations....

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I'm taking a break since I already found 4 race/class combos I love and don't want to get to far into the PVE game till launch.. probably will jump into some pvp shortly though

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• JohabohaJohaboha Member Posts: 20

Welcome to video game forums, this is how it has been for every video game ever released. Those who enjoy it are playing it not sitting on the forums, and those who hate will come to the forums and bitch.  Thank you for pointing out the obvious

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    Originally posted by Sorrow

LOL I've been posting but only because after 36 hours non stop in game I started having visual hallucinations....

I thought I was the only one XD

• LuciferIAmLuciferIAm Member UncommonPosts: 93

It's rare there is actually well thought out criticism, instead it's playing the game like they play all the clones of clones out there. They expect DE's to be the only XP, they think silly thinks like zerging will be the entire game (seriously people?) and they spout garbage about pay to win when gear doesn't matter in this game and everything is skill/cosmetic gear, thas it.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Honner

I thought I was the only one XD

Make that 3.  And add energy drinks for a real psychedelic effect......  /facepalm

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

lol this..

people do need to take breaks every now and then..and why not spend your break on this lovely website?

the whole, 'people arent posting becuase theyre playing' bit is flawed.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Its funny to see how during these weekends only the negatives seem to start new posts during BWE, while the positives seem to busy playing the actuall game.

offcourse their is room for criticsime, but most of the criticisme comes from people that have been negative about the game for to long and got a beta ticket, and now they get intoo game with the only reason to find things to back up their statement, like the guy who says Questing is bad and just standard, and he uses a single Asura quest to prove it. I agree that this was one of the very weak ones, but there are 1498 other ones to prove him wrong. 

Are there really 1499 unique quests available?

Maybe the guy is right, even with dynamic events / quests chain questing system or whatever it is, maybe it's just not that special. I have to admit, as much as I don't like having to be completely enhgaged during combat I still find that it is an exciting improvement to the genre, at the very least, it's an exciting alternative to the regular click and rotate combo hotbar and from what i've seen, way better than that conan shit lol.

Could it be that the combat system outshines the questing, the combat system is such an improvement and questing really hasn't stepped up enough to follow? If you look at the starting quests and personal story arc, it's not like it's some Kraytos shit, it is some pretty standard kill and errand type missions. Meanwhile the combat looks pretty nice after 10-15mins in.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Heres a postive from a renowed hater of themeparks.

Most Fun I have had in a MMO in many years. best PVP ever. The PVE was dynamic. large mobs of players all working together. the underwater combat was just amazing. and I was only level 10-11 but the PVP was the crown jewel for me. it was strange being on equal footing with the enemy. i even survived a 2 player gang bang i was double tapping my roll and it felt odd that skill mattered in combat. i killed them both with my engineer.

I will buy this game and odds are I will not stop playing. I played 7 hours straight and i never ran out of something to do.

Love This game.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

So only if I come back tomorrow with my concerns of the game it will be valid?  Or will my concerns with the game (as someone who's already purchased it) never be valid?

At what point will people start to believe that some people have issues or concerns with the game and aren't just trolling?

I get that you like the game, really I do.  I used to like it but the more I play it the more I find things that are unsettling or concerning for me.

My concerns will still be here tomorrow, and the next day and the next day... just because they're posted today doesn't make them less valid.

One of the basic concerns I have is the combat.  I see a lot of feedback that it's super great and everything... but I'm just not feeling it.  You are essentially attacking with 1 auto-attack ability and 4 abilities (8 with weapon swap) on a long cooldown (most of which aren't available again in a normal fight).  This leads most fights being a circle-strife fight with auto attack, double-tap dodge and the occasional Slot Skill and self heal (most slot skills cooldowns means you won't use more than once a fight).  After unlocking all of your weapon skills there is no other weapon advancement for the other 70-75 levels.

Nobody else has a problem with that?  THAT seems revolutionary to people?

I've played the game a lot.  The more I play the more the things I see start to concern me for any logevity of the game.  I wish people would feel more comfortable discussing them than immeditely jumping to flame or calling someone a troll.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Coming Monday people will stop playing and start posting. Til then lots of negative comments will appear unchallenged, it is natural

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503
    Originally posted by Dakirn

One of the basic concerns I have is the combat.  I see a lot of feedback that it's super great and everything... but I'm just not feeling it.  You are essentially attacking with 1 auto-attack ability and 4 abilities (8 with weapon swap) on a long cooldown (most of which aren't available again in a normal fight).  This leads most fights being a circle-strife fight with auto attack, double-tap dodge and the occasional Slot Skill and self heal (most slot skills cooldowns means you won't use more than once a fight). 

You're playing the game badly, the auto ability can and should be disabled for most classes, and you have at the least 15 abilities open at all time, more if you are in some specific classes, not mentioning pets and son on.

With that said the longevity subject is totally correct and it's something we will only be able to test on live, there's a few issues with the way the PVE is setup and specially on how the PvP progression is set.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

You really need to calm down.  Is it really that hard for you to believe that there are people that don't find GW2 that fun. So the guy critcized the game.   Big deal, every game gets criticized.  There are people that don't like the game.  People that don't believe it lives up to the hype.  There are people on the fence about game.  There are people that love the game.  There are people that think the game is the best thing since sliced bread.  There are people that think the game is even better then the hype.  Etc etc etc.

We get it.  You love the game.  Is this thread really necessary though?  Are you going to be making a new thread anytime anyone says anything you deem "bad" about GW2.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Well, to play devils advocate.. the exact same was said last time and the days right after the BWs were filled with just as much hate.  I remember that well.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

Well, to play devils advocate.. the exact same was said last time and the days right after the BWs were filled with just as much hate.  I remember that well.

I remember it being said about SWTOR too lol...

and no,Im confident this game will not go the way of SWTOR,but the point still stands.

Originally posted by tank017
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

I remember it being said about SWTOR too lol...

and no,Im confident this game will not go the way of SWTOR,but the point still stands.

big difference with swtor the masses only got a small taste of one free open beta type weekend to try the game. Very few were able to put many hours into the game at all. After almost 3 beta weekends plus stress tests many have put TONS of hours into GW2 and can make a much better assessment of the overall game than people could about swtor from the one stress test.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I'm taking a break since I already found 4 race/class combos I love and don't want to get to far into the PVE game till launch.. probably will jump into some pvp shortly though

I need a break too-play one class and love it, then try another class and love it.  They're all so much fun in their own rights to play!

Originally posted by drel

I need a break too-play one class and love it, then try another class and love it.  They're all so much fun in their own rights to play!

yea same which is why I can see myself playing this game for a very very long time it's the first game in a long time I actully really enjoyed the mechanics of almost every class. 

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Lets just say that the game is perfect and the best MMO that i have played, so anet dont need to fix anything. Good thing anet dont care about what the people here on mmorpg.com have to say and they have beta forums where the non-fanboys are posting feedback and talking about the real problems that the game have, like queue and lag problems in the WvWvW, the Fotm warrior overpopulation, the zerg fest that is the PvE atm, etc etc and more etc.  Negative comments, just lol, more like the problems that the fanboys dont wanna see.

Originally posted by hikaru77

Lets just say that the game is perfect and the best MMO that i have played, so anet dont need to fix anything. Good thing anet dont care about what the people here on mmorpg.com have to say and they have beta forums where the non-fanboys are posting feedback and talking about the real problems that the game have, like queue and lag problems in the WvWvW, the Fotm warrior overpopulation, the zerg fest that is the PvE atm, etc etc and more etc.  Negative comments, just lol, more like the problems that the fanboys dont wanna see.

if you could direct me to those posts on these forums I would love to see them here since most of the bashing I have seen for this game has not been constructive or talking about any of those issues most are basic game is like everything else, game sucks, game is nothing but a zerg fest. Also I'm sure most are aware if you have serious issues with the game that you hope to get fixed official beta forums are the place to be posting them

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Roin

You really need to calm down.  Is it really that hard for you to believe that there are people that don't find GW2 that fun. So the guy critcized the game.   Big deal, every game gets criticized.  There are people that don't like the game.  People that don't believe it lives up to the hype.  There are people on the fence about game.  There are people that love the game.  There are people that think the game is the best thing since sliced bread.  There are people that think the game is even better then the hype.  Etc etc etc.

We get it.  You love the game.  Is this thread really necessary though?  Are you going to be making a new thread anytime anyone says anything you deem "bad" about GW2.

Insecurity and lack of confidence in your own decisions is a powerful combination that will drive players to make threads like this. We shall see the real outcome of that false bravado in the coming months after GW2 releases. And this was said during the last BWE and I failed to see the swaves of positivity that was forcast I believe the same will happen again but will th OP come back and admit he's wrong, Hmm!

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

if you could direct me to those posts on these forums I would love to see them here since most of the bashing I have seen for this game has not been constructive or talking about any of those issues most are basic game is like everything else, game sucks, game is nothing but a zerg fest. Also I'm sure most are aware if you have serious issues with the game that you hope to get fixed official beta forums are the place to be posting them

Just log into ur account and go to the PvP and WvWvW forums, some post are being deleted, but you´ll find people complaining about the RNG system of Rewards Boxes, i mean swtor got that system at launch, it was frustrating and It had to be removed but I wont be making a list since everyone can just log on and read it but there is a lot of concers about the game that wont be addressed at launch but it will affect the future of the game at short and long term. Tbh im done arguing about gw2, once the honey moon is over you´ll undesrtand what i was talking about, people need to play the game for 15 days to find out all the real problmes that the game have, i just wonder why the wiped all our beta chars for this last BW.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

blah

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

Just log into ur account and go to the PvP and WvWvW forums, some post are being deleted, but you´ll find people complaining about the RNG system of Rewards Boxes, i mean swtor got that system at launch, it was frustrating and It had to be removed but I wont be making a list since everyone can just log on and read it but there is a lot of concers about the game that wont be addressed at launch but it will affect the future of the game at short and long term. Tbh im done arguing about gw2, once the honey moon is over you´ll undesrtand what i was talking about, people need to play the game for 15 days to find out all the real problmes that the game have, i just wonder why the wiped all our beta chars for this last BW.

i know the posts going on on the official forms and there is a ton of constructive posts over there on issues with the game.. i asked if you could direct me to posts on THIS site though not official forums. Anyway ill be sure to come back a month after release of GW2 just to let you know how much fun i'm having in the game if you wish

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Its always like that. Its funny how some users try to bring the game down while 95% of the players are actually enjoying it :)