Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just picked it up after a few years off. Advice would be helpful

I just got the expansion and plan on creating a new account and starting fresh.  I played for probably 2-3 years when it was new and have not seen any of the expansion.  What servers are generally pretty populated?  Ive heard the pve is still the best aspect of the game.  Is it better to roll a toon on a PVE server?  I also saw that Barb is one of the F2P classes.  Are they overpopulated?  Will it make finding a group hard if I roll a Barb?  

Any other tips or hints to make my transition back into Hyboria smooth would be appreciated.

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Well they are going to combine servers again and use the single server technology. More info can be found here.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?p=3051239#post3051239

In my opinion it is better to roll on a PVE server. I don't think there are a over population of barbs at least on Wiccana. The guild I'm in there is only a few that have them as their main. 

Get into a good guild that will help you with quests and then later on raid with them. A lot of raids will ask in general chat for certain classes. Always a T1 T2 raid going on and wanting more. On Wiccana The Ghostwolves and Walking Dead are good guilds to inquire about. 

Level 80 is harsh being F2P in this game. You pretty much have to sub to enjoy the benefits of the game. We did have guild member that was F2P until they got to 80 then subbed. It's possible, but they don't make it easy with the restrictions. When you get to 80 start putting your AAs on the offline timer. Have one going all the time.

The expansion is a lot easier now. Pick the factions you like and work toward rank 4. Most do House of Crom now for rares to buy purple faction gear.

Most of all, find a good guild. Just my opinions from the Wiccana server.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.