Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tortanic is sinking fast---> F2P is their desperate attempt to get people playing again.

tortanic is sinking fast, servers are fileld with water and their director (captain) went missing. Their half way under the cold water. Their only hope is free to play, desperate attempt to revive the franchiase and get people playing again.

I know i bought the collector's edition, never again though.  Someone throw tortanic their lfieboats please. :p

Comments

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

And ToR will continue to be around for years to come, despite what whiners whine about.

just like how everything weas the "nail in teh coffin" for SWG, yet it went on for 5 more years, that was alot of final nails, guess those people never learned what final meant.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by warmaster670

And ToR will continue to be around for years to come, despite what whiners whine about.

Yes that's true  but the fact is TOR failed in such a epic scale it hasent been seen before in MMO world.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

f2p is trend in mmo industry ,f2p is trap for  take  more money

,f2p is ilusion , nothing is not free

TOR is not bad game , many my friends still playing  & they ll play for years

I am leave cuse  havent free time for playing  two  games

• BigAndShinyBigAndShiny Member Posts: 176

[mod edit]

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Free to 15 is a trial not F2P.  Not sayihg the game won't go that way but stilil. . sheesh.  Everyone markets as "play now for free!!!!!!11"

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by JosephJR

f2p is trend in mmo industry ,f2p is trap for  take  more money

,f2p is ilusion , nothing is not free

TOR is not bad game , many my friends still playing  & they ll play for years

I am leave cuse  havent free time for playing  two  games

F2P is ONLY a money trap because most people confuse F2P with a free game.

There is a trent of games going straight to f2p this is true, the other newish trent is to go f2p when the game failed to be sub-based, this should hint you something..

ToR isnt a bad game per say, but the game is lacking on too many aspects, encouragings to play alts to distract from them is NOT a solution.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

Still early morning for mods i guess. Banhammers willl begin to strike pretty soon.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

The only games I know of that has a decent F2P system are City of Heroes, LoTR and Aion/North America since most things you buy in those games are fluff items. The rest of F2P games are basically Pay to win games.

Even non-MMO games are going for the money scheme, like Forza 4 requiring you to buy car packs to purchase cars that you want (didn't need to do this in Forza 3), or having to pay to wear alternative jerseys in NHL series, and Dice recently added a $50 flat fee premium for all future expansions in Battlefield 3 (get the existing players to pay more now rather than fewer players to pay less or possibly not buying expansions later) and then immediately announce Battlefield 4 right after.

Bioware did say they will release the expansion (HK51) for $10, but who knows how they'll handle F2P, will we have to buy speederbikes to travel faster, will we have to pay for gear above war hero and campaign, will we have to pay real money to add slots/bays to banks and inventory and GTN, etc.?

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Funny.  There was 500 people on the Republic fleet and even more than that on the Imperial fleet on my server last night.  TOR is still the #2 subscription based game on xfire.

Fail troll is fail.

• lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229

Did you all quit or get beat so bad you carry nothing but resentment?  The game is fun....Its not bad enough to warrant all these attacks.....Just wondering what crawled up your keester and died?  I know  incommingimage

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by sirphobos
    Funny.  There was 500 people on the Republic fleet and even more than that on the Imperial fleet on my server last night.  TOR is still the #2 subscription based game on xfire.Fail troll is fail.
    I assume you're on a merged server (TOFN)?

Also look at the actual numbers between WoW and TOR (and TSW and TERA and EVE), the gap is pretty huge between #1 and #2. TOR has been steadily sliding down, EA's stock has been sliding down and so has active subs.

This discussion has been closed.