Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: ArenaNet Unveils Asura Cinematic Intro Video

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

In a new update published to the official ArenaNet blog, ArenaNet's Ree Soesbee discusses the creation process and purpose behind the cinematic introduction videos developed for each of Guild Wars 2's various races.

The blog update also serves as a debut for the asura cinematic intro video, where we receive some additional insight into the background of this technologically proficient (and not at all modest about it!) and diminutive race.

Are you planning on playing an asura? What draws you to them? Let us know in the comments below!

Comments

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146

So undecided... Sylvari or Asura... *mumbles*

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

intro video was pretty meh... but Asura don't have much appeal to me anyway heh

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Asura yay ty  :)

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

the ending felt sort of... abrubt or unfinished. I was expecting something else to be said or happen, not sure why. Otherwise, I liked it :)

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290

His speach ends kind of abruptly. " We will not move. Not for Dragons. Not for anyone. "

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Good choice of male VA for the Asura.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506

Made them sound like some pompous little twats, lol.

• LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225

This video only show half the cinematic. Full cinematic

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by elvenwolf

So undecided... Sylvari or Asura... *mumbles*

Short races are never a choice for me. You can't even see well how your new shinny armor looks or your new weapon will look like a toothpick. 

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    Originally posted by Sabbicat

His speach ends kind of abruptly. " We will not move. Not for Dragons. Not for anyone. "

I agree. The sentence would fit as an ending, but not in the tone and speed he gave it.

Should have been...

"We will not move!"   <Scenery of Asura and golems forming into war party>

"Not for Dragons!" <Scenery of Dragons starting there decent on the Asuran war party holding there ground>

"Not for ANYONE!"  <Scenery of  Undead marching against the Asuran war party from behind>

THIS IS SPARTA!

Ok...Not the Sparta thing. But  the prior would have been fitting. Cant wait until friday!!

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Didn't find it as good as the other races honestly. Don't know if it's the full video. The others had some more punch to the opening. But still like the Asura, quite unique for the world.

The only thing that truly annnoyes me is that the voice is suppose to be my character's. No wonder i hate voiced PC. But the actor itself was good IMO.

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

I'd move for dragons.

• SeptdeezSeptdeez Member UncommonPosts: 21

I don't usually care for the smaller races in mmo's but this one has my curiosity piqued.

• devitusdevitus Member Posts: 1

cant wait for beta tommorow! :)

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Leonona

Thanks for that link.  No wonder the other one seemed so....cut short.  It was!

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir

the ending felt sort of... abrubt or unfinished. I was expecting something else to be said or happen, not sure why. Otherwise, I liked it :)

This only shows the beginning of the intro, as do all the other races intro cinematics ANet have posted on their blog., 

They are missing the bits of the intro talking about the choices you made during character creation which are different depending on which choices you made

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• maxiime223maxiime223 Member Posts: 94

i think i might go asura... ill try it this weekend

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614
    Originally posted by Leonona

wow great vid! i will certainly roll an asura from the synergetics college. they are studying String theory!

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• arjiarji Member UncommonPosts: 93

I will totally roll an Asura (might be my 1st char) but i dont like the cinematic. It just dont smells "WAR"!!

I guess its meant to show their arrogant /egocentric side but gives u a mediocre feeling.

Humans, charr, norn cinematics are much better for me. More passion flows from these.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by arji

I will totally roll an Asura (might be my 1st char) but i dont like the cinematic. It just dont smells "WAR"!!

I guess its meant to show their arrogant /egocentric side but gives u a mediocre feeling.

Humans, charr, norn cinematics are much better for me. More passion flows from these.

The Sylvari and Asura arent as War focused as the Humans, Charr and Norn in their starter areas. They arent as close to the front line as it were. The humans are fighing the Centaurs, the Charr are fighting off the Ghosts of Ascalon and the Norn have dragon problems right from the start... Sylvari and Asura have different problems......

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Pretty cool. what time is does beta start?

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Wow, didn't know there was scifi in this game..

Still find the race ugly and annoying looking but now I can pretend they are aliens.

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463
    Originally posted by thekid1

Still find the race ugly and annoying looking but now I can pretend they are aliens.

While GW2 may still be fantasy but between the technomagic Asura, engineering Charr and curious Sylvari it definitely does not conform to the usual swords n' sorcery that has become a tired cliche by this point.

Anyway I love the trailer, it really shows what separates the Asura from the other races.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Pretty cool. what time is does beta start?

12 noon Pacific time

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • jadedyjadedy Member CommonPosts: 33
    Originally posted by thekid1

Actually the humans are the aliens here XD