Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Red 5 Teases Revamped Engineer with New Video

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The Firefall summer milestone is shaping up to include some significant changes to the game. The Engineer class will see a major overhaul as part of the summer milestone and today Red 5 Studios are offering gamers a sneak peek video at just what that overhaul will entail.

We've included the video for you below, but if you can't watch it just yet, the short end of it is that Red 5 is giving the Engineer class much needed mobility by allowing for quickly deployable mini turrets and force fields. Additionally, the Engineer will receive a new Tesla cannon primary weapon that does increased damage the longer it is focused on a target, but will quickly lose this damage bonus if the player misses their target.

Learn more about Firefall.

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

this team is on TIP of getting their stuff together so far everything theyve put out on the table, from hires- battle frams- community dev chat- are hard ballers!

looking forward to Firefall Reborn beta  release!!!!-good work guys! many of us are very impressed!

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393

Honestly, I wish every development team would listen as attentively and react as appropriately as Red 5.

They really value their community's feedback, and you can see it with each patch. Nice work, gentlemen. Really nice work.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Orbitxo got it right for sure. RED5 is close to getting it right. But, I think they have a ways to go to make it feel like any kind of mmo. I know its a hybrid, but it still seems like only a fps.

• MalasorteMalasorte Member UncommonPosts: 56

agreed 5 is doing a great job at listening to players and they did a good job with its updates of Firefall so far in my opinion

• SpileSpile Member UncommonPosts: 12

Red 5 is doing amazing! I am playing the beta and love it now, and love the new changes.

These developers got their mind and heart set to making a decent robust game :) keep up the great work!