Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: WoW Argument Leads to Stabbing

Comments

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , ? OOOoooo Ca-na-da ?

Would be sweet if Blizzard did an April's fool saying that they are taking WoW offline permanently.  Everyone would suicide ,which is a good thing since we'll get rid of alot of retards. 

• AcalexAcalex Member UncommonPosts: 72

Did the victim say that the Scarlet Chest Piece is BoP?

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

the guy went into his Neighbor's house to get stabbed, I really don't know who is the stupid one.

Sure if you try to settle an argument with two live person, then yeah, i do agree that the neighbor was doing the right thing. But once you found out that is over World of Warcraft, the dude should have just left.

In America, if you go into someone's house, and get stabbed, the one stabbing isn't in the wrong, because you are the one going into the other person's house provoking them to take action.

Sure if the 21 year old were the one going into another person's house then yeah he would have been in the wrong, but too bad it was the other way around. I don't know canadian law but still, how can the person in their own house be in the wrong when someone who was not invited invades your house.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• Xeno326Xeno326 Member UncommonPosts: 77

How would you like to play another game that becomes your life, World of PrisonCraft anyone?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Adiaris
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

So this guy goes over to a neighbors house where he hears an altercation occuring... and then is stabbed.  It seems to me this whole thing could have been avoided if he had just not went over to a persons house who was screaming and acting irrational.  

Sure the guy didn't deserve to be stabbed, but I mean common sense here people, if someones acting crazy, don't be near them, don't antagonize them, get the heck out of there!

Heroic to say the least.

if i hear neighbors madly shouting i either dont care about them or watch through the windows lol. Playing the heroe in RL is not as fun as in game.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

This is why I ban my nice innocent children from viewing the violent and abhorrent Canadian smutt that bleeds on America!  I say we write them a fairly stern letter!

/sarcasmoff

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by rojo6934

So this guy goes over to a neighbors house where he hears an altercation occuring... and then is stabbed.  It seems to me this whole thing could have been avoided if he had just not went over to a persons house who was screaming and acting irrational.  

Sure the guy didn't deserve to be stabbed, but I mean common sense here people, if someones acting crazy, don't be near them, don't antagonize them, get the heck out of there!

Heroic to say the least.

if i hear neighbors madly shouting i either dont care about them or watch through the windows lol. Playing the heroe in RL is not as fun as in game.

If I think someone is in danger I definitely will try and see if I can help in some way. But I guess that's how they bring us up in more civilized countries. 

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Sigh. Im sure he would have been stabbed over an argument about the weather too.

Still.........sick.

Heroic to say the least.

If I think someone is in danger I definitely will try and see if I can help in some way. But I guess that's how they bring us up in more civilized countries. 

true. But then you take the risk of getting stabbed in the chest for a silly reason... i think the best thing to do is report to the police about the noisy problem.... if they dont answer.... oh well. cant say i didnt try

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

Heroic to say the least.

true. But then you take the risk of getting stabbed in the chest for a silly reason... i think the best thing to do is report to the police about the noisy problem.... if they dont answer.... oh well. cant say i didnt try

Whatever makes you sleep at night, mate.

Whatever makes you sleep at night, mate.

in that case that would be completely ignore the noisy people next door.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I'm willing to bet this stabbing was actually because the guy was making fun of the guy who plays WoW. All the coverage on this makes it look like WoW was the cause of the stabbing when really it was probably more to do with bullying.

I hate the way the media manipulates things.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

double post by mistake

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by NyQuil81

At least it was in Canada.  If it were the US, he probably would have been shot and killed instead of stabbed and alive.

AHAHAHAHA what would you know I am from Canada and people get shot and stabbed on the strip every day  down here in van they just dont put that on the news paper (24/metro/Vancouver sun)  down here 

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Nsaigo

Before WoW this type of news could have never been possible.

The community have went downhill when MMORPG become mainstream.  Remember the DAoC days or even earlier?  The MMORPG community was much more mature back then even though it was smaller.

I am not blaming WoW for this incident since it is the stabber who is to blame, but player as a population shapes the environment which game developers design games, and the game shapes the players as well.

MMORPG have become a vicious downward spiral.  Either developers need to stop trying to please childish players just for a quick buck or the player population have to become more mature in general.  Wow got millions into the MMORPG industry, but whether that is good or bad is really hard to say.  Surely the industry grew, but the quality of games fell off a cliff, and the community became puerile.

I understand what you're getting at here and WoW's community isn't really the best there is. This news isn't really news to me because people stab each other over stupid shit everyday. This time it was World of Warcraft xD

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Kost

At least it was in Canada.  If it were the US, he probably would have been shot and killed instead of stabbed and alive.

Almost guaranteed, one more reason I'm glad to be a proud Canadian.

Sad situation to hear about though, no doubt about that. All over a game no less.

Yeah because it's not like a canadian has never killed someone and then chopped them up with a knife before?  WE NEED KNIFE CONTROLL LAWS to further cripple the average citizen. 

Rift

• TJixleeTJixlee Member Posts: 159

SHANKED!

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

How can people still be happy, or sad, fluffy or angry about this game is beyond my reasoning of things.

Is like me being angry at my dead dog because of the stain he left in my carpet 10 years ago: the dog is dead. i got a new carpet and a new dog, why so angry?

People are funny.

Hope the guy gets better quickly and rushes to pre-order GW2.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

LMFAO! WoW is crap anyways def not worth stabbing someone over. How pathetic can you get.

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188

Good point about how the rediculous gun laws here don't curb crime and only hurt the lawful gun owner.

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by anthonypena

AHAHAHAHA what would you know I am from Canada and people get shot and stabbed on the strip every day  down here in van they just dont put that on the news paper (24/metro/Vancouver sun)  down here 

Exactly.

Keep banning those bullets though. The criminals and thugs are sure to obey the laws :)

• eimendseeimendse Member Posts: 8

yes, agree " I mean common sense here people, if someones acting crazy, don't be near them, don't antagonize them, get the heck out of there!"   some people are so crazy, make sure not to near him.

• oupslililolooupslililolo Member Posts: 23

another reason how retards  wow players can be 

• b00gsb00gs Member Posts: 8

This is what Americans and Chinese do.....ignore your neighbors

• MaouTsaouMaouTsaou Member Posts: 5

" It seems to me this whole thing could have been avoided if he had just not went over to a persons house who was screaming and acting irrational."

That's the difference.

Canada lacks a fear based media that polirazies it's citizens for political purposes.

As a result Canadians don't feel they have to lock their doors 24/7 and respond to sounds of trouble to help.

Here an american citizens worst enemies are other american citizens and the medias constant focuse on the worst most hidious "news" they can find has developed this kind of attitude.

I can think of a shooting in FL that might have gone another way with witnesses present.

And what's really funny is that the u.s. with about 5% of the worlds population holds about 25% of the worlds prisoners.

That's called a police state and it doesn't seem too effective if you watch the news.