Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam summer sale started: Time to go broke!

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

So I just 100%'d Saints Row 3 o.O  anyone know of another game I can buyy? @_@ ;

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by Castillle

So I just 100%'d Saints Row 3 o.O  anyone know of another game I can buyy? @_@ ;

If you are after some over-the-top open world, Just Cause2 got you covered.

I've had many debates with some of my friends on which is more 'over the top', SR3 or JC2?

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    And then I got Orcs Must Die GOTY edition for like $5, Fallout 3 GOTY $5, and The Dead Space collection for another $10. Man, my SSD is in trouble...

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Not that many new games on there that i would want since the xmas sale..

I have brought up a few tho..

Max Payne 3 was £15

Batman: Arkham City £7 i think

E.Y.E for like £2

Nothing else has really cought my attention yet.. i think i nearly brought every decent game in the last sale lol and i have yet to play them all LOL :) i have nearly 300 games on steam now i think lol

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Still aint seen a single game worth my few bucks (out of those that i haven't played)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.

I just bought AoE 3 and Red Faction @_@ thats like..15$ i think

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• they had fallout 3 GotY edition (all DLC) for 5$ this morning, and fallout new vegas ultimate edition (all DLC) for 10$ this morning as well. so freekin crazy. i just bought both of those for the 360 like a week ago for 60$ total. skyrim is like 30$ i think right now too. money is just flyin around right now. lol

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Got Dead Space 2 for £3.74, what a steal...

I voted for Jagged Alliance Back in Business, I know it's suppose to be shocking but for £3 it might be great for nostalgia reasons and there's always patches :P

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

Theres also KOTOR for $2.5 lol

( o.o)
    (")(")

• SilverminkSilvermink Member UncommonPosts: 289

I was going to buy the bethesda pack but it only has skyrim. How do they call is a pack when they doesn't include the first 4?

Originally posted by Silvermink

I was going to buy the bethesda pack but it only has skyrim. How do they call is a pack when they doesn't include the first 4?

... Because it has several other games in it?  Hence, pack!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• LinkSmashLinkSmash Member Posts: 8

What's funny about this Steam sale is that one of my friends is continuously purchasing games...despite having a running PC.  :O  Sales make people do crazy things!

Originally posted by LinkSmash

What's funny about this Steam sale is that one of my friends is continuously purchasing games...despite having a running PC.  :O  Sales make people do crazy things!

Rofl.  I hope his pc is getting repaired soon.

( o.o)
    (")(")

• AWWREEAWNUHAWWREEAWNUH Member Posts: 15

i chose the WRONG week to pay bills. Now i'm watching my bf buy everything )';

I WANT I WANT.

Too many good deals, i just have to tell myself, there will always be next year. Right?!?!?!

Even sooner! The christmas sales! @_@

Edit : Just got sins of a solar empire for 5$! @_@ Trinity, not rebellion

( o.o)
    (")(")

• AirVengeanceAirVengeance Member Posts: 6

yah,was a tough sale not to pass up.

Spent $30 on 5 games. A couple were goofy side scrollers but fun none the less.

Just got Dungeons of Dredmor for $2. They should sell Amalur for like 90% off... that game is definitely worth $5... not $60.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

The best deal I've gotten was the game From Dust for $3-4 bucks. I was really hoping to see Civ5 expansion on sale for 33% or more but I'll have to wait till Christmas.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

I just looked up the steam calculator site.  2 weeks ago the average amount of money people spent on their account was $820.

It's gone up by $100!, Valve must be raking it in.  The steam calculator website tracks 800,000 accounts.  That means they've  made $80,000,000 in 2 weeks, and thats only from the 800,000 accounts which are monitored on the site out of the 40 million registered to steam.

Also keep in mind they only employ 250 people.  

Company of the year anyone?

• HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61

Still the only game that ive parted with my money for is Limbo for €2.50. Theres a few more ive been tempted by but not enough to part with my hard earned cash.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Hybridvampyr

Still the only game that ive parted with my money for is Limbo for €2.50. Theres a few more ive been tempted by but not enough to part with my hard earned cash.

Good idea. I'm an accountant. You save your money and invest it. In 10 or 20 years, that $20 you would have spent on a silly video game will have grown to $40 to $80 and you will be well on your way to a well funded retirement.

Originally posted by Hybridvampyr

Yeah... $2 - $10 for a game is kind of high, especially when you can get those same games for $20 or $60 at the store.  Wait... what?

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339
    Originally posted by xenogias

Title says it all. Have fun everyone and dont spend to much money :D

oh and vote for batman for the choice for todays epic sale :P bout 10min left to vote.

Not interested in any games put up on sale. 

However, waiting for Borderlands 2 to order on steam hehe.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Trionicus

Worst part is, I bought most of these games already @ initial retail price :

That's why you buy an insurmountable backlog of games during the sale so you won't be as tempted to buy the games at full price.

It's the old "well...I still have 147 games in my steam library to play...I suppose I can wait for the summer or winter sale on this one..."

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Looking at my steam library I feel like a fat kid who's eaten too much candy....

I bought 25 new games, I wanna play them all,  but there's just too many...I don't know where to start.