Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conquest went from fun to Done in last patch.

VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177

Worst patch in rift to date for pvp changes. I love it when Devs decide that forcing PVPers to PVE is what PVP players want... Enjoyed conquest up untill today games ruined again for me..

Game went from 5000 kills a match to less than 800 pvp kills... Retarded.

Comments

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

I find it alot better. People actually taking extractors, and waiting for cap to get the extra bonuses. Hell people are actually working together again, nice to see, instead of a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

• TwystedWizTwystedWiz Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Leucent

I find it alot better. People actually taking extractors, and waiting for cap to get the extra bonuses. Hell people are actually working together again, nice to see, instead of a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

Waiting for the cap of a PvE object instead of participating in PvP does not make Conquest better.

What would make it better is if there was actually some PvP going on instead of three teams riding in a big circle in the same direction so they don't run into each other taking PvE objectives...  It feels almost like WAR and it's renown trains.

If they want to make it better get rid of the extractors and make players fight each other instead of turrets and PvE bosses.

• fervorfervor Member Posts: 145

Hilariously (ugh), this is exactly what is happening in TSW Fusang...their equivalent of Conquest.

All three factions just flip objectives, going around in circles, mostly avoiding one another.

I logged into Rift for the first time in an year? to check out Conquest...and it felt just like TSW Fusang, which I had been playing for the past month.

Now, I don't even bother PvP'ing in Fusang.  I just join long enough to get gear tokens and leave.  It's just not fun anymore.  I can see why Conquest would be the same way.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by fervor

Hilariously (ugh), this is exactly what is happening in TSW Fusang...their equivalent of Conquest.

All three factions just flip objectives, going around in circles, mostly avoiding one another.

I logged into Rift for the first time in an year? to check out Conquest...and it felt just like TSW Fusang, which I had been playing for the past month.

Now, I don't even bother PvP'ing in Fusang.  I just join long enough to get gear tokens and leave.  It's just not fun anymore.  I can see why Conquest would be the same way.

That’s pretty much how I felt about it. I logged into Fusang to get my tokens and get out while not really caring about it in the end once the newness wore off. The same began to prove true in RIFT conquest. It’s starting to feel like a new modern design trend that will rear its head in most future games. Cynically, I wondered if this was aimed at getting more PVE oriented players into PVP in order to lessen the demand to develop new content of other types to save some dough. Neither open world battleground is liable to appeal to hard core PVP players but participation certainly benefits PVE game play from faction bonuses to loot. For some reason, this also leaves me little hope for TESO to be any different considering that their developers claim that there are no new play innovations left to explore... O.o