Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon Earth 2012: Prelude: The Undead Invade

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Xsyon team has announced a terrific new feature in the game where inactive tribes are reborn as the undead utilizing a "sophisticated new AI" that sends them into the game to invade the realms of the living.

The earth is ready to give up its dead to play right alongside survivors in the sandbox, survivalist MMORPG Xsyon: Prelude. Breaking new ground in the sandbox genre, Xsyon has unleashed an undead horde known as the ‘Revenants’ that rise up from tribal totems abandoned by inactive players. Formerly active tribes give way to sophisticated AI monsters that can loot your corpse and grow in power to chase down your friends as part of the current Abandonment phase. Revenants also introduce their very own unique ‘scrap’ armor sets that can be looted off their rotting corpses.

Read more about the update on the Xsyon forums.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Cool.  Sounds worthy of a resub.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

does anyone else find it odd that they named their 2nd phase of the game.. "Abandonment" and have AI spawn at inactive "abandoned" towns??

seems to me they are trying to attact more people to replace the people who tried the game, and quit Oo.. though it sounds interesting... i cant help feel this is a bandaid attempt to their game. if one is to believe half of what people say about it. 

though i am suprised other mmos never thought of doing this o-o

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Looks like the dude on the left abandoned his pants
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

can this be played on a low end machine?

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

Ive always been curious about this game.  This is interesting!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

[quote]Formerly active tribes give way to sophisticated AI monsters that can loot your corpse and grow in power[/quote]

There is nothing "sophisticated" about the AI in this game.....lol

Cool concept though. Game needs tribe vs tribe terrirorial warfare more than anything else though....this is a start at least.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106

The game is increasing and getting better and better every patch. There are some flaws, but the developers put a lot of love into the game to make it like the players want it to be. The recent year players where screaming for more bug fixes and meaningful PVE, they just got that. Next in line is ranged combat, cooking, mounts, real estate and afcourse PVP!

To all those interested in Xsyon at launch and to those looking for a REAL sandbox experience, Xsyon is the game to go to 'again'.

• lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by eddieg50

can this be played on a low end machine?

Yes it can be played on a low end machine without any problem.

Salem destroys this game.

Soon as Salem is released Xsyon will be no more.

Sucks but this is the way of things.

:D

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Ichmen

does anyone else find it odd that they named their 2nd phase of the game.. "Abandonment" and have AI spawn at inactive "abandoned" towns??

seems to me they are trying to attact more people to replace the people who tried the game, and quit Oo.. though it sounds interesting... i cant help feel this is a bandaid attempt to their game. if one is to believe half of what people say about it. 

though i am suprised other mmos never thought of doing this o-o

There will sure be a lot of zombies then....bazinga.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

This game would be great if they would basically put in the EVE PvP and economy.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by BigCountry

Salem destroys this game.

Soon as Salem is released Xsyon will be no more.

Sucks but this is the way of things.

I dont believe that one bit... i may try out Salem but i nkow those stupid character models and basic graphics will turn me right off..

Sure they Xsyons graphics aint exactly top of the line but at least they have tried to make the game look more real than silly cartoon characters with big heads lol..

I think it might be time to check out Xsyon again soon :)

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

"Sophisticated AI", coming from a guy who left us hanging in game for 6 months without animal and tree spawns... Pardon me for being skeptical.

I hope my old tribe's AI get their pound of flesh in my absence.

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160

wurm online is better

Trust me. Salem is crack cocaine. It is 100x better than Xylon in so many ways. I was able to score a closed beta key.

Both games have great concepts. Salem actually came thru and delivered those concepts. Whereas Xsyon fell way short outside of terraforming.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by BigCountry

Trust me. Salem is crack cocaine. It is 100x better than Xylon in so many ways. I was able to score a closed beta key.

Both games have great concepts. Salem actually came thru and delivered those concepts. Whereas Xsyon fell way short outside of terraforming.

well thats good news.. i just hope i can ignore the stupid graphics that game has :)

You will. Heck it might be one of the deepest games I have played in a long long time. You sit back and ask yourself, "why am I playing this game like a crack head". It's one of those games, like mindcraft lol