Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you swash-buckle???

jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

ok from the looks of this game you arent a ship all the time your a actual person. Can you swashbuckle against enemy captians and such?

No links just answers please. thanks

Comments

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    What exactly IS Swashbuckling? I don't have a Swash and I'm not sure if I did whether or not it would need to be buckled or not.image

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by anarchyart
    What exactly IS Swashbuckling? I don't have a Swash and I'm not sure if I did whether or not it would need to be buckled or not.image

ROFL. ::::33::

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

ROFL. ::::33::

• BxxPBxxP Member Posts: 2

No you wont be able to "swashbuckle". The only time you will have control over your avatar is in town/ports or whatever. If you were to board another players ship all battle calculations woul dbe handled by the game.

I think the developers have plans for combat in such ways that you will face PC in sword combat and what not but not for the first release.

• Wong-FeWong-Fe Member Posts: 3
    Would be nice if you could do such things maybe they might take that into consideration? MAYBE
  • IijsIijs Member Posts: 457

Like BxxP said, no swashing of buckles when it releases. They would like to add it, but they want to do it right, and don't have time before intended release.

Some day, maybe. But not any day soon.

• RagalornRagalorn Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by jiveturkey12

ok from the looks of this game you arent a ship all the time your a actual person. Can you swashbuckle against enemy captians and such?

No links just answers please. thanks

ROFL!!!! Oh man thats funny stuff........

• MagstaxMagstax Member Posts: 42
    No not yet

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>

• DainterDainter Member Posts: 45
    No
  • etruscanetruscan Member Posts: 130

Originally posted by BxxP
    No you wont be able to "swashbuckle". The only time you will have control over your avatar is in town/ports or whatever. If you were to board another players ship all battle calculations woul dbe handled by the game.

...so let me ask this - what about getting out to explore uncharted or unexplored territory for hidden treasure? Surely, this is one of the most engaging aspects of Pirate lore... and should be reflected in a game about Pirates.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

If you've read throught he dev notes you'll see that over time they will slowly start adding things like that.

You can take over forts and docks, etc... huge naval battles... 50 ships, 25 of each side... pirates you can be and tons of other things...

What will he do next?