Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What small things do you want to be improved before launch?

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by fiontar
    1. A button in your inventory pane to "send all collectibles to vault".
    2. An optional (toggle) three slot action bar that you can drag consumable items to, so that you can activate them with out having to have your inventory screen open.
    3. Either more facial sliders in CC, or more base faces that cover the missing face shapes for Humans and Norns. Ability to adjust the position of the eyes and mouth on the face, to a minor degree. (There are tons of variations of faces possible in GW2, but some key short comings prevent players from approximating a huge portion of real human faces).
    4. Particle Effects settings, for those who actually liked the old level of skill effects that some complained were distracting.
    5. Skill differentiation between PvP and PvE versions of skills, where skills have suffered in PvE, due to PvP balancing. PvE shouldn't be any less fun than it could be, due to balancing of certain skills for PvP. (The game has the capability to handle different versions of skills, but they've tried to avoid using it so far in development).
    I think that's about it for me. I like the character animations and have always felt they are among the best in the genre, but tweaks here and there for things are fine. I know some professions needed a lot of tweaking, but we know they are working on that. Ditto for engine optimization.

You'll be happy then, because I saw that in the Gamespot Asura video. There was a "deposit all collectables" option in the dropdown when you right clicked on an item, he used it and his collectables left his inventory.

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by Blitz555

I'd like to see a few more face options for each gender/race.  On a few of them there was only a 1-3 options that I even liked. I'm still satisfied with the characters I was able to create but I can see a majority of the players going for those same 1-3 faces.  To me GW2 is about being unique with gear looks etc and I want to have more of a chance to have a unique face too.  Some of my toons would wear a helmet though.

There are actually facial sliders for a lot of different categories. Maybe you missed them because they are kind of easy to miss. 

Yeah I checked those out but those only make small changes to a preset face (big nose, small nose etc).  You can only do so much within each preset face.  I'd like some more presets.  The sliders don't work to the point of radically being able to change up each face. 

• ThrashbargThrashbarg Member Posts: 125

I'd like to see FoV increased a bit (not zoom distance or camera height as that would make it possible to see behind yourself and over walls too far). Peripheral vision and depth perception are too limited with the current field of view.

Rearranging skills in the bar doesn't really make sense in GW2, because of the way skills are weapon bound, the different MH/OH/1H combos, the different levels that utilities and elite are unlocked, and a few other reasons. It's only 10 buttons, you can bind them to any key anyway, it may take some getting used to but I'm sure they've thought it out and there are reasons for the way it is.

Mostly I agree with the poster above who said from now till release should be focused on optimization and balancing.

About facial customizations, I agree to some extent, but if they add too much range there may be a performance issue for some people's machines trying to load so many different faces when there are a lot of players around. If there is an option to disable showing customizations then sure, make sliders for everything.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    Originally posted by BilboDoggins
    [mod edit]

How is the OP a hater? He's asking a valid question. We all have games that we love and all of them could stand to be improved in one way or another. There's no such thing as a "perfect" game, as what may be perfect for you isn't perfect for the next guy. And how long does something stay great without periodic improvements here and there?

For me, some of the animations could use a second pass, I  hope to see the camera improvements they've been talking about as well. And a more significant change I'd like to see one day is a more seamless transition between cinematics/dialogue and the game world. As of right now one of my biggest issues is that it feels disjointed in this area of the game, and they are aware of this as there have been many threads about this on the beta forums and the devs have responded, and some even agreeing. Overall, though I feel that this game is just about ready to go!

• seraphis79seraphis79 Member UncommonPosts: 312

To be honest, I was pretty satisfied with the state of the game when I played it two BWEs back.  I didn't play it last time because I was busy and I don't know if I will get the chance to play this next one (fingers crossed though). 

I would like to see a trade system implemented instead of the mail approach.

I would LOVE to see more weapons added to the game.  Even if they are appearance only and work with the existing sets of skills already in game.  I just want variety.

Like another poster has mentioned, some RP listed servers would be nice.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    2. An optional (toggle) three slot action bar that you can drag consumable items to, so that you can activate them with out having to have your inventory screen open.
    3. Either more facial sliders in CC, or more base faces that cover the missing face shapes for Humans and Norns. Ability to adjust the position of the eyes and mouth on the face, to a minor degree. (There are tons of variations of faces possible in GW2, but some key short comings prevent players from approximating a huge portion of real human faces).
    4. Particle Effects settings, for those who actually liked the old level of skill effects that some complained were distracting.
    5. Skill differentiation between PvP and PvE versions of skills, where skills have suffered in PvE, due to PvP balancing. PvE shouldn't be any less fun than it could be, due to balancing of certain skills for PvP. (The game has the capability to handle different versions of skills, but they've tried to avoid using it so far in development).
    I think that's about it for me. I like the character animations and have always felt they are among the best in the genre, but tweaks here and there for things are fine. I know some professions needed a lot of tweaking, but we know they are working on that. Ditto for engine optimization.

You'll be happy then, because I saw that in the Gamespot Asura video. There was a "deposit all collectables" option in the dropdown when you right clicked on an item, he used it and his collectables left his inventory.

That's been there since BWE1...

So many people have missed that.

Seriously, no one has really mentioned being able to zoom my camera out a bit more?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by terrant

Seriously, no one has really mentioned being able to zoom my camera out a bit more?

Deposit collectables has been there. Deposit ALL collectables is new.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

More UI choices of style? color/schme etc?

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by terrant

i did. i say camera xD

but Arenanet already say they will gonna change something about camera option and couldnt be another way, since that subject was by far the most discussed on oficial forum. you could see dozens and dozens of players create topics with suggestions or complain about camera options

• PuraimaruPuraimaru Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by p_c_sousa

camera, hope already we see some changes on BW3

Have you seen the Asura Video? They increased the Field of View ^_^

• PuraimaruPuraimaru Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by Tayah

I would like to be able to trade with someone instead of having to mail, but I can live with it the way it is.

Agreed! They need to allow C.O.D and mail returns if the C.O.D is not excepted within a certain time limit.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

turn dead(not downed) enemies(and only enemies) names grey

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

I have not seen anything in any of the BWE that bothered me at all. Just let me play.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

I would like to be able to move skill 1-5 on the hotbar to where I want them. 

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288

Camera zoom.....just way too clunky and restrained atm, glad that they recognize this and have replied to the communiyt on it.

As for moving skills aroud on the hotbar, im indifferent.  Its a different game, so it has different rules.  I mean its a lot less buttons than standard themeparks have nowadays so I don't see the big gripe over it.  It reminds me of Dota 2 and I'm ok with that :).

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

hope they fix the release date to next week it ill make people happy and stop hurting us more lol knowing its near tho but still IWANT IT NOWWW

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215

Bring Back Sit Jumping!!!!

xD

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• nyxxisnyxxis Member Posts: 62

Change mail popping up in the middle of the screen while in combat. I was doing a jump thingy went to jump landed it but mail popped up mid screen and was knocked back and off cause couldnt see it coming.

All Murlocs must die horrible, painful, bloody deaths!

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Trait set slots.

Another look at pets in general.

Lore-friendly Minigames.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by F0rumLurker

1. Obviously they still need to work on performance. Although they have definitely improved since BWE 1, I'll be a little disappointed if i can't run the game at mostly 50-60fps with my i7 2600k/GTX 570. I'm mostly hopeful they can pull that off since GW1 ran very well and further optimizatoin and driver updates would help.

Far as I know, BWE2 was still running off CPU. Hopefully when they let our graphics card go to town on this puppy it will be better.

2. Give PVE mobs more telegraphed skills, and give them skills that force you to react to them (and time to react to them too). This would make the PVE combat even more engaging. For example, if a mob telegraphed a strong skill, it would signal that I should use a dodge, blind, stun, knockdown, teleport skill, defense buff, or any other control/support skill to prevent the damage. If the "strong skill" is not strong enough, then it won't "force" you to use your skill effectively which would the fight less interesting. Ettins are a good example of this, but I think that more mobs need more telegraphed skills.

A lot of skills that are supposed to be telegraphing aren't doing it well or at all. Dev post at the end of BWE 2 mentioned they were interested in making things a little better all around.

3. Introduce templates again please. It would make build swapping much faster and less frustrating, for both PVP and PVE. It would be great if they had it for skills, traits, and gear. Maybe even clothing/armor templates to change looks at a whim.

Devs have talked about possibly doing this.

4. Some skills could use some better/more descriptions, and all skills need cast time info. Especially meteor shower.

I have two theories on this. 1) they don't want us to know the number, on purpose. 2) their tooltips can't do allthe crazy background math of factoring in various boons, conditions, traits, etc. Not sure whether I want the numbers to be more or less trasparent. 

5. More customizable UI. I personally don't have a problem with the UI, but I think many people do. I think more customization is a good thing when it comes to UI.

They've said they're looking into customization options, but it's likely not to be anything more complex than a little bit of UI moving/scaling. No addons.

6. Ranger pet AI obviously needs to get fixed. Also some pets/minions might need buffing/balancing (maybe PVP/PVE split?) since many people complain about them dying too quickly.

Pets are generally screwy. Everyone knows it. They've said they're working on it.

7. Give mesmer "shatter" skills an instant effect on the target. I haven't played a mesmer yet, but I've heard people complaining that the illusions need to walk to enemies before they shatter. An "instant effect" on the area of the target might be better.

No. Not for Mind Wrack and Confusion at any rate. I might accept the one with the interrupt being isntant. Even as a Mesmer main, I like the fact that the skills are dodgeable. They DO however need to improve illusion movement speed and shatter detonation range.

8. They need to fix this. Hopefully they already did. Generally more bug fixes would help ofc.

I'm sure they will. My best gues on that one is teh Krait invasion DE got borked.

9. Some voice acting definitely needs improvement, and some "cheesey" dialouge might need to be rewritten to make it seem more realistic. I hope they can afford to change some of these voices/dialouge by release, but they might not be able to. I do like what I've seen of the asura story experience so far from the gamespot video though.

Unlikely. Writing the llines, bringing people into a studio and  having them record them, and the rest...all takes lots of time and money. They might do this for new content, but I don't see existing stuff getting reworked.

Also, why's everyone hating on cheesy? Does all story in games HAVE to be deep narrative epic?

13. Story mode for the Catacombs was mostly okay, but I didn't like that you could essentially reszerg some of the bosses. I think that shouldn't be allowed to work, since it makes the dungeons feel less tactical and more resspammy I guess. It definitely lessened the accomplishment feeling of beating some of the bosses when that was the case.

I would like there to be a little less zergability in the game overall. But if players could get a better grasp of mechanics we wouldn't need to worry as much. People zerg because they can't be bothered to learn how to fight properly. Mind you, making content unzergable might  help with that..

14. Thief felt rather weak in PVE (BWE2). Although I was able to use shortbow very effectively by kiting and using AOEs, it still felt like it killed much slower compared to my experience with Ele/Guard in BWE1. I've heard thief was nerfed in BWE2, and I know the thief definitely still needs some balance tweaking, but I feel that they should separate PVP/PVE stats/skills for the thief, especially initiative gain rate and initiative cost.

Skills with seperate PvE and PvP numbers  for everyone would be nice. If I'm not mistaken, GW1 was one of the first games to do that. It's encouraging.

I played thief a bit in BWE2...dagger&pistol+shortbow. Never really felt weak. Although I think I like dagger/dagger better. 

The initiative mechanic's purpose is to give them burst damage, which works especially well with stealth for pvp, but it didn't make the PVE experience as fun since I felt like I was only using one attack skill (besides auto attack) most of the time. For example, with dual daggers/pistols, I felt like I was only pressing 3 (Death blossom/Unload), which both cost 5 initiative. According to the wiki, initiative regens at a rate of 1.67i/s which means it would take another 8.35 seconds to use another 5 initiative skill. Imo, that feels too long to wait in PVE.

With traits this becomes much easier to manage. And there's a nice signet too for initiative. Keep in mind LDB seems more for mobilit, spamming bleeds,  and AoE power than single-target burst. That's what Heartseeker is for. I didn't play with dual pistols, but a quick look at the skillset tells me you should make sure to keep 2 (a vulnerability) active on the target at all times. Also not sure on the cooldown vs duration but...vulnerability stacks.

It doesn't help that some of the control skills seemed really expensive to the point that I found them not as worthwhile to use compared to deathblossom/unload (at least in PVE). For example, Head Shot/Black Powder cost 4/6 initiative respectively, which means 6.68/10.02 seconds to wait until the initiative is regained to use it again (while not using any other attack skill besides auto-attack).

I will agree headshot should be lower. Black powder is an AoE blind and one of your few combo field starters though. That's gonna be pricey.

Infiltrator's Arrow for shortbow, while useful for faster travel outside of combat, I found myself almost never using in combat since the alternative skills were both more cheaper and more effective in PVE. According to the wiki, it costs 6 initiative, compared to 3/3/4 for the other shortbow skills. That's 10.02 seconds worth of waiting for initiative recharge to use again. Disabling shot in particular, at the cost of 3 initiative, was a much cheaper and more effective kiting tool since it both cripples and moves your character back a little.

Infiltrator's is a PvP chase skill, or emergency mobility in PvE. But it's really more a pvp skill. for kiting you want Disablling Shot, or Cripppling Throw from the /dagger line.

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420
    Originally posted by dlld
    Originally posted by xalvi

Better graphics, talking more about character races. The way they walk/run, the details it needs more work.

That would fall under better animations.

I'm pretty sure that the walking/running animations are set.  The devs said this is the best compromise they could come up with.  Cannot find or remember which devs it was, but I know the interview is out there.  It is related to the intermediate animations and timing, if they 'stuck' the character to the ground to remove that floating feeling, the character has a split second wait between animations that caused people to scream about lagging.

Here's the quote...if someone can find that interview/article/discussion it would help.

Q: Sense of moving is a great idea, what about a sense of being connected to the ground with walking/animations? Players also experience a 'sliding' effect when walking.

A: We have worked hard on this issue. Just like any game there are cases where you can make it look crazy, but we feel like those are mostly edge cases at this point. We still have some things in mind that we want to do here, but what you see now is close to what you will get.

I will explain a bit how it works.

Visually we have transition animations that help blend between different states, but for those worried about responsiveness those transitions are purely visual so as soon as you press strafe left you are moving at full speed to the left. This disconnect is what sometimes causes the floaty feeling.

Jon P

Q: Is there a possibility that we could then see some "I just started moving" speed ramp-up times then? Maybe the character doesn't start at full stride, but quickly works into it?

A: Straight from one of our animators: "we DID have a ramp up speed early in development and removed it because it (surprise) made movement feel sluggish and pissed people off"

Jon

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

they are never going to add player trade because they want to reduce inflation by forcing most trade to happen on the trading market. You can mail an item to someone and trust they will pay you or just use the AH. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

I want to see most of the class mechanics expanded, especually warrior who has one of the most boring  class mechanics in the game