Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the highest lvl on GW??

GanggreenGanggreen Member Posts: 2

Anyone known the highest lvl?? I though someone said lvl20 well that's not so long but is it worth to play GW?

Comments

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    The maximum level for player characters is 20. Its a good thing. Yes the game is worth getting.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

level cap stops at 20 , but you have experience bar , fame , rank ...

i have about 600 000 exp

a mission normaly gives 1000 , quests 500

there are 10 000 exp quests in high level zones

experience is endless , some people have 2 milion ... hehe

• KoddoKoddo Member Posts: 151

Originally posted by neoteo

level cap stops at 20 , but you have experience bar , fame , rank ...
    i have about 600 000 exp
    a mission normaly gives 1000 , quests 500
    there are 10 000 exp quests in high level zones
    experience is endless , some people have 2 milion ... hehe

Experience is useless if it does nothing. If you just gain experience points, and you don't get any kind of advancement from it, just pointless. Like a dog trying to bite water, it never gets anywhere, just wet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The pen is mightier than the sword, and authority is mightier than the pen, but the sword is mightier than authority.

If you can't beat 'em, hold 'em off 'till you come up with a better plan.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

what are you talking about ???

with experience you get experience !

believe me , a 2 milion exp player is very diferent from a 600 k exp like me ...

• voodoo13voodoo13 Member Posts: 15

the more experience you get, the more skill points you get.

• ikraikra Member Posts: 339

the more skills you get the more flexible your character. The number of times you can change attributes is endless right now.. changing from one type of attribute to another whenever you want. That means you can forever experiment on your character build.

level 20.. hmmm.. i sense plans of them raising the level cap to 30 or somehing by next year.. but i think 20 is very good. I dont want to waste my time grinding just to earn the highest level. Cuz everything always starts when you reach max levell.. the sooner the better.

i~ku~ra

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325
    they wont change at lcl 30 pvp will get too hard kingging people with 600 health

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• Paladin3211Paladin3211 Member Posts: 39

::::06:: ..... ::::06::

ff11 chmp

• ikraikra Member Posts: 339

Originally posted by emdt
    they wont change at lcl 30 pvp will get too hard kingging people with 600 health
    hehe.. then they should increase damages as well to about a maximum of 200.. ROfl... at level 30 i think your hp would be around the 700 bar

i~ku~ra

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

level 20 capp... its not a bad thing at all! its better so that u can start pvping straight away and not waste countless years to level up!

• sholmes983sholmes983 Member Posts: 11

I thought that they had already said that they weren't going to raise the cap ever.  I really hope they don't.  I like the fact that at 40 hours into the game I was already at level 20.  If I wanted to grind out levels I'd go play L2.

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

I doubt that they'll raise the level cap to 30. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Chapter 2 expansion requires a new character.

Why do I think that?

The new chapter will have one more character slot so that you don't have to delete a character to enjoy the chapter. If you used existing characters then this would not be an issue.

Characters are already "ascended". From the perspective of the story they're on a first name basis with the gods. What more achievement can there be?

Very good items are dropping like candy in a candy store. Balance doesn't seem to be an important issue, but fun does. They're basically letting characters at the end of the game get the niftiest stuff with little effort... non-perfect weapons are pretty much worthless.

For pvp, allowing the characters to become much more powerful (levels, hit point, damage etc) would be a mess and more complicated than it needs to be. ANet seems to be focusing on the fun and keeping things simple, so I don't see them allowing characters to grow even stronger than they are.

Until I see info that leans in the other direction, I'm putting my money on the next Chapter using new characters that take part in a continuation of the story. Focusing on new heroes in other parts of the world that help clean up messes caused by what's happened in the story as it now is.

~Mysk

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

highest lvl is, 500 it takes around 5 years to get there...

lol yeah its only 20, as u can see if u were to train till level 500 then, well, the game would be soo boring :P

GW is pure pvp based.. gets u to top level real fast so u can get into the action right away!