Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 day trial for old players to try 1.3

mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

So I used to play Tor. Got a smuggler to 50, quit for Mass Effect  3. After that I resubbed for a week only to find out the server I was on is now dead.

Then there is a trial for people to try 1.3. No active Subscription required. But alas the trial seems to not work. I updated my game. Attempted to log in only to be told there is no active Subscription.

I Scour the all mighty interwebs for a little trouble shooting. Could not find anything. I sent a Customer support email to Bioware. Only to recieve an email about the to level 15 trial. When I told them that I was not looking into the to lvl 15 trial. I was looking into the 7 day trial for old players.

Now I might be reading or doing something wrong. But to me it seems that there should be a super fucking easy way to get back into the game for this 7 day trial.

Tor was fun (while it lasted), but it is not worth jumping through a million hoops just to try a trial that runs from july 10th to the 17th.

If anyone has a suggestion please leave it.

(and uninstall is not a suggestion.)

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

Comments

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

That is odd actually. I got the email for it a couple of days ago and i was able to log right in to it.  There must be some error on their side with it if you aren't able to log in.  

I would keep trying to get in touch with customer service, not that it's known to be stellar or anything.

As far as my experience while back, i'll admit that i'm actually kind of happy with it and they might just get a sub from me.  I actually am embarrassed to say such a thing as i have been a staunch hater since February.  The issues i had back then are kind of gone, aside from the linear play, but having a hell of a lot more people around from the merges and that dungeon finder make the game pretty playable.  This was the product they should have launched in my opinion.  I have no idea if i'll stay or not, but it is actually fun for the moment.

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78
    I logged into my old account last night.

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

I am logging in just fine, however, if i were you, i would start by logging into your account and move a character one of

the destination severs, they are pretty crowded now it seems, and then wait 5-10 mins, then try and loging again, at least thats what i did :)

• uncleFesteruncleFester Member Posts: 38

I haven't played since launch and decided to check it out. Took forever to download, they need trim it down some. Finally got in to the game and I log in to a completely dead server and a completely respecced character. My server was always packed with people, this game really is dead, there's no denying it. I'm not going to bother transferring to a live server, the fact that my old server died so completely tells me everything I would find out on another one about the quality of the game. "TORtanic" indeed.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

I was able to log into my account with 0 problems...

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by uncleFester

I haven't played since launch and decided to check it out. Took forever to download, they need trim it down some. Finally got in to the game and I log in to a completely dead server and a completely respecced character. My server was always packed with people, this game really is dead, there's no denying it. I'm not going to bother transferring to a live server, the fact that my old server died so completely tells me everything I would find out on another one about the quality of the game. "TORtanic" indeed.

The reason your server is dead is because everyone moved to one of the destination servers... which are completely packed by the way. If you have any genuine interest in giving the game another shot, using the free character transfer is pretty much vital. I suspect you don't though...

• LightplLightpl Member Posts: 1

Always read the fine print:

OFFER EXPIRES JULY 17, 2012 2:00AM CDT / JULY 17, 2012 7:00AM GMT. ONLY INACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS ON JUNE 20, 2012 11:59 CDT / JUNE 20, 2012 4:59 GMT THAT HAVE COMPLETED AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE FREE GAME TIME. SUBSCRIPTION OR REDEMPTION OF GAME TIME CARD REQUIRED TO PLAY AFTER FREE GAME TIME EXPIRES ON JULY 17, 2012 2:00AM CDT / JULY 17, 2012 7:00AM GMT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Interesting, but why 1.3? If anything 1.4 is going to be the game changer. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by Lightpl

Always read the fine print:

OFFER EXPIRES JULY 17, 2012 2:00AM CDT / JULY 17, 2012 7:00AM GMT. ONLY INACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS ON JUNE 20, 2012 11:59 CDT / JUNE 20, 2012 4:59 GMT THAT HAVE COMPLETED AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE FREE GAME TIME. SUBSCRIPTION OR REDEMPTION OF GAME TIME CARD REQUIRED TO PLAY AFTER FREE GAME TIME EXPIRES ON JULY 17, 2012 2:00AM CDT / JULY 17, 2012 7:00AM GMT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT.

Needless to say more?

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

Didn't they say that about 1.2??

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by joocheese
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

Didn't they say that about 1.2??

Well I mean 1.2 did make large changes, I never mentioned whether any of the "game changers" being discussed were positive or negative.  It would still make sense to encourage this kind of reactivation/promotion during a more major patch.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Same thing here OP.. I updated , but it wouldnt' allow me to log in.. I couldn't find anything anywhere to tell if I was doign something wrong..  Looks to be another glitched or failed FREE time

• tenohtenoh Member UncommonPosts: 16

Trying the free trial thingy and game looks good but the limitations they put on free account makes me hate greedy dev bastards, i wont sub for sure just out of the spite.

and fuck this forum with their spam filter, buh

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    Originally posted by uncleFester

Well strange! How i can see servers are full all the time. You have problems with your eyes?

• davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by tenoh

Trying the free trial thingy and game looks good but the limitations they put on free account makes me hate greedy dev bastards, i wont sub for sure just out of the spite.

The limitations and restrictions put on free accounts have nothing to do with greed, and everything to do with possible exploitation. I was actually pretty suprised with the leniance of the free trials (in being able to play all class stories specifically up to finishing the origin world & faction capital) which i didnt really expect.

• tenohtenoh Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by davestr1zl

The limitations and restrictions put on free accounts have nothing to do with greed, and everything to do with possible exploitation. I was actually pretty suprised with the leniance of the free trials (in being able to play all class stories specifically up to finishing the origin world & faction capital) which i didnt really expect.

whats to you is exploitation to me its how i want to play the game and have fun.if your suprised by this shit then i really feel sorry for you.

like the chat function or trading.... really, trials dont deserve to use it? if you think that then fu.

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Originally posted by davestr1zl

whats to you is exploitation to me its how i want to play the game and have fun.if your suprised by this shit then i really feel sorry for you.

like the chat function or trading.... really, trials dont deserve to use it? if you think that then fu.

That's universal for every free trial.  This is not the only one.

Free global chat or tells/whispers and trading attracts the gold sellers.