Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What small things do you want to be improved before launch?

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Under a week now until BWE3 and the forums will be up again for our feedback. "Last" chance to be heard. One small thing I would like to be in the game is the weapon sawpping should be like the skill system. When I press weapon swap while executing a skill I want to be able to instantly swap weapon when I finish that skill. 

Cant think of anything else right now, but Im sure theres plenty of small fixes they should implement for launch but as we all know they cant fix everything for launch. 

What would you like them to fix before launch? 

Comments

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265

ability to rearrange the weapon skills (this is a must)

an option to remove camera snapback while running.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by otinanai123

an option to remove camera snapback while running.

I thought someone said that was implemented but didn't find it last stress test.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I dont think this is ever going to happen.  They are just ordered 1 to 5.

You can probably use your hotkeys to rearrange them, gives the same idea.

personally i would love to see a few servers tagged RP

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I dont think this is ever going to happen.  They are just ordered 1 to 5.

You can probably use your hotkeys to rearrange them, gives the same idea.

i'll be very dissappointed if it isn't. every mmo has this feature and it's pretty much standard. I used the hotkeys last bwe but it was very confusing (my skillbar went like 3-2-1-4-5 and 3 and 1 didn't have numbers under them so i couldn't even see if i was in range)

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Few things I would like to see though not bugs are weapon swapping as mentioned earlier in the thread at anytime long as no attacks are in progress. Engineer weapon swapping would be great, rifle to dual pistols. As it is the engineer felt kind of limited. Autofill for mailing, so you don't have to write the name out fully, something like how web browsers work. O and bring back the color coded password thingy, don't know what to call it. 

• I'd love to see them improve animations in general. Some animations are good, but there are also plenty of animations that could use a second pass.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

camera, hope already we see some changes on BW3

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128

i'll be very dissappointed if it isn't. every mmo has this feature and it's pretty much standard. I used the hotkeys last bwe but it was very confusing (my skillbar went like 3-2-1-4-5 and 3 and 1 didn't have numbers under them so i couldn't even see if i was in range)

"Every mmo has this feature" reminds me of the people who screamed for target-of-target. GW2 isn't quite the same like other mmos, is it? The skills have a strict position because of the progression of each skill. Sure you can get around that, but then the progression is going to confuse a lot more people. Not to mention with weapon switching, the complexity of any system that correctly handles your custom re-arrangement would go up a lot, making it even more confusing.

I'm not saying you're wrong though, I wanted to re-arrange my skills a few times, but it wasn't a huge bother to me in either case, as I just got used to it after a while. It's kind of nice to know that 1 will always be my nice repeated attack at least.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Better graphics, talking more about character races. The way they walk/run, the details it needs more work.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Being able to rearrange the order of skills would be nice but I dont know whether they will do it or not....

You shouldnt just be able to place anything anywhere though. Main hand and offhand skills should be allowed to be swapped around within themselves. So 1-3 could be organised in any way you want but you couldnt put them in 4-5, and 4-5 could be organised any way you want but you couldnt put them in 1-3. 2H weapons organise 1-5 how you like. Also, you shouldnt be allowed to rearrange skills until all of them for that weapon are unlocked. 

The only other thing I would really like to see is the ability to save and reload builds

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by xalvi

Better graphics, talking more about character races. The way they walk/run, the details it needs more work.

That would fall under better animations.

Originally posted by ZenonSeth

"Every mmo has this feature" reminds me of the people who screamed for target-of-target. GW2 isn't quite the same like other mmos, is it? The skills have a strict position because of the progression of each skill. Sure you can get around that, but then the progression is going to confuse a lot more people. Not to mention with weapon switching, the complexity of any system that correctly handles your custom re-arrangement would go up a lot, making it even more confusing.

I'm not saying you're wrong though, I wanted to re-arrange my skills a few times, but it wasn't a huge bother to me in either case, as I just got used to it after a while. It's kind of nice to know that 1 will always be my nice repeated attack at least.

target of target isn't really standard. only wow and a bunch of other mmos have it. rearranging skills is standard since 2001 and probably a lot earlier.

also I don't see how it would confuse people, especially if you enable it after someone has unlocked all 5 skills for that particular weapon. 

that 1 is my main problem. i always use 3 for my most used/repeated skill since i started mmos in 2001 (daoc) and it's kind of difficult to readjust now.

• friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118

Another vote for more UI freedom. image

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237

Not a very small thing, but I'd like to see the Thief actually have a cohesive class mechanic.

As opposed to right now, where Steal is its own entity, Initiative is its own thing, and Stealth is 4-5 different skills entirely.  Three class mechanics for the Thief, and none of them work together at all.

Initiative is basically a glorified mana bar, and it sucks a lot when it runs out.

Steal is practically only used for the shadowstep.  Honestly, who is going to read that little tooltip in the middle of a fight?

Stealth has the most interplay of the three because of Backstab, but it isn't even a single skill.

The Thief class plays and feels like a hodgepodge, and it seriously disappointed me, because I wanted to roll one as my main character.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I would like them to tweak dodging so when I double tap left or right, while moving forward (after pressing R for autorun) I dodge left or right and not forward, I mean that's the silliest error I've seen in the game....

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

I'd like to see a few more face options for each gender/race.  On a few of them there was only a 1-3 options that I even liked. I'm still satisfied with the characters I was able to create but I can see a majority of the players going for those same 1-3 faces.  To me GW2 is about being unique with gear looks etc and I want to have more of a chance to have a unique face too.  Some of my toons would wear a helmet though.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Blitz555

I'd like to see a few more face options for each gender/race.  On a few of them there was only a 1-3 options that I even liked. I'm still satisfied with the characters I was able to create but I can see a majority of the players going for those same 1-3 faces.  To me GW2 is about being unique with gear looks etc and I want to have more of a chance to have a unique face too.  Some of my toons would wear a helmet though.

There are actually facial sliders for a lot of different categories. Maybe you missed them because they are kind of easy to miss. 

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I would like to be able to trade with someone instead of having to mail, but I can live with it the way it is.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

For me, the following:

1. Character Selection screen

2. First Person Camera

3. Item hotbars

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by dlld
    Originally posted by xalvi

That would fall under better animations.

I totally disagree with you, Annimatons feel very natural when i am behind the wheel, you got to play the game to know what i mean,.. never played any MMO with such fluent naturall movement.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

for me, the content is there so every ounce of developer resource left between now and the release should be concerned with 2 things, stability and balance.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

Ranger pets need to scale better and their AI needs a LOT of work as opposed to just a little bit. The pets are so borked right now that there is basically no reason not to use the hairless dog that I forget the name of or a bear of some type because they have double the stats of the other pets and still die in a few hits from anything.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

The camera.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

I do not really see a reason why not to allow skills to be completely rearranged. As long as you still have the same10 skills on the skillbar..

Only thing would be that ArenaNet has to target the current slot of the skill when skills are replaced, like when you summon an elemental, or when you pick up objects, instead of targetting a specific slot number, but that shouldn't be that much additional effort even if they are not already doing it, they need to save where each skill for a specific weapon is anyways.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    1. A button in your inventory pane to "send all collectibles to vault".
    2. An optional (toggle) three slot action bar that you can drag consumable items to, so that you can activate them with out having to have your inventory screen open.
    3. Either more facial sliders in CC, or more base faces that cover the missing face shapes for Humans and Norns. Ability to adjust the position of the eyes and mouth on the face, to a minor degree. (There are tons of variations of faces possible in GW2, but some key short comings prevent players from approximating a huge portion of real human faces).
    4. Particle Effects settings, for those who actually liked the old level of skill effects that some complained were distracting.
    5. Skill differentiation between PvP and PvE versions of skills, where skills have suffered in PvE, due to PvP balancing. PvE shouldn't be any less fun than it could be, due to balancing of certain skills for PvP. (The game has the capability to handle different versions of skills, but they've tried to avoid using it thus far in development).
    I think that's about it for me. I like the character animations and have always felt they are among the best in the genre, but tweaks here and there for things are fine. I know some professions needed a lot of tweaking, but we know they are working on that. Ditto for engine optimization.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated