Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C9: THE MOST AFFORDABLE CASH SHOP THIS SIDE OF LOL!

$6.80 for a permanent costume (entire set, not just per piece)

$1.40 for each character inventory expansion (6 extra slots)

$8.00 for a pack of 6 character inventory expansions (36 extra slots)

$3.40 for each warehouse expansion (5 slots)

$14.80 for a warehouse expansion pack (95 slots!)

$12.80 skill reset

$7.90 for a character appearance remodel

this stuf is 1/2 to 1/3 of the common pricing you see in other games for the same type of items.

fuck and yes! Webzen FTW!

Comments

• SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109

...was that intended to be ironic?

For my part, I recall the halcyon days of pre-Cash Shop MMOs, where paying a little thing called a subscription guaranteed you all such amenities as a part of the bloody game. $12.80 for a single skill reset? Talk about gouging your customers.

Also, for the record, selling a commodity at 10x its true value when your competitors sell it for 100x does not render you a saint, merely less rapacious which, itself, might arguably be nothing less than an attempt to undercut the competition. Webzen FTGreed.

• Sogi-YaSogi-Ya Member Posts: 53

yea, and the games strung you along with a trickle of advancement to keep you subbing forever while holding the axe over your head of being essentially banned from the game for not paying, all that -AFTER- having to shell out $50 for a box with a serial number in it as well as the being required to fork over another $50 for any and all expansions to said game.

thank you but no; I'll keep not having to pay the box price, not ever being restricted from the game, not ever having my charaters wiped (no matter how long I haven't played the game), and not ever having to pay for any expanded content.

there is nothing on that list that is required to play the game, hell Webzen gives you a skill resets for free in addition to every character getting a skill reset when changing to their advanced class.

many F2P titles are shitty and exploitative in how the brick-wall you into purchasing excessively priced basic features in order to advance or locking equipment behind the cash shop counter, Webzen is doing neither with C9.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498

I get it, you don't like to pay for anything, did it require a thread.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Lets all discuss C9...in the PUB...again...

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by SaintGraye

For my part, I recall the halcyon days of pre-Cash Shop MMOs, where paying a little thing called a subscription guaranteed you all such amenities as a part of the bloody game. $12.80 for a single skill reset? Talk about gouging your customers.

Also, for the record, selling a commodity at 10x its true value when your competitors sell it for 100x does not render you a saint, merely less rapacious which, itself, might arguably be nothing less than an attempt to undercut the competition. Webzen FTGreed.

Exactly what is stopping you from spending $15 a month on it as if it were a sub fee, but using it in the item mall instead? Beside the fact that within a few months you'd buy out the mall and no longer have any need to put more money into it, and then really would be playing entirely free? As opposed to $15 a month...forever.

It's like people don't even think about their arguments anymore before they start to spit them.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

I wouldn't consider any game's cash shop to be noteworthy if it contains inventory expansions at all, regardless of the price.

each character gets 24 "on hand" slots, each account gets a 35 slot warehouse that is shared between all characters on the account. additionally each account has 12 character slots available (and none of that "unlocking" bull shit involved), so your looking at 323 total inventory slots if you play your mule cards to the max. for once, those inventory expansions actually are "convince" items, and that 95 slot expansion is permanent and applicable to the entire account.

$25 can get you triple the warehouse size, a costume for your main character, and a grab bag of various consumables and / or a few more backpack slots. that's more than enough to set your account to never have to pay for anything else again.

compare that to every F2P haters poster child: guild wars.

$29.99 to buy the trilogy game pack$19.99 for the heart of winter expansion$9.99 for the bonus mission pack$6.99 for each costume$9.99 for each 20 slot warehouse expansion.$9.99 for each extra character slot$9.99 for each extra hero slot$9.99 for a character makeover$14.99 for a character rename

not to mention the bullshit "unlocks"

$9.99 to unlock all the pets$9.99 to unlock all core skills$9.99 to unlock all the skills specific to the Prophecies game$9.99 to unlock all the skills specific to the Factions game$9.99 to unlock all the skills specific to the nightfall game$9.99 to unlock all the skills specific to the Eye of the north game

granted, the costumes in GW are account wide while the ones in C9 are per character, but you also don't have to pay $50 for access to all the content in C9. no matter how you look at it, C9 is shit tons cheaper ....

*edit* not trying to troll you gaeanprayer (I see youe a GW player from your sig), seeing as how your actually on my side of this. just trying to point out how even with a B2P like GW you still have quite a buy in to acces the game.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Enjoyed the irony, thank you.  Not been tempted to try C9, as it looks like a beefed up vindictus.  Gouging cash shop (no intentions of spending $ anyway) even more of a turn-off.  Good job greedy publisher.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Originally posted by Sogi-Ya

no matter how you look at it, C9 is shit tons cheaper ....

Skill reset in GW1:  0.00$

Same in C9: 12.80$

If you want to experiement with different character builds, GW1 is a lot cheaper, no matter how you look at it.

EDIT: I'm not claiming that C9 couldn't be cheaper. I'm claiming that the games have little different ways of getting money from customers and any statement that one is cheaper than other no matter how you look at it is automatically false because it depends on what the player buys /EDIT

I know I should just quit, since this has mostly just brought out the F2P hating trolls, but how the hell do you count any of that as price gouging?

no random bullshit boxes, rentals are an option and priced so that it honestly makes more sense to buy the perm version, there is non of that "luck stone" enchantment success booster horse shit, and there is no buy in to play through the entire game.

Originally posted by Vrika

Originally posted by Sogi-Ya no matter how you look at it, C9 is shit tons cheaper ....
    Skill reset in GW1:  0.00$ Same in C9: 12.80$ If you want to experiement with different character builds, GW1 is a lot cheaper, no matter how you look at it.

*shrug* changing skills is a core mechanic in GW, comparable more to changing equipment in C9 than resetting skill points.

if you want to experiment with skills in C9 roll an alt, once you know what your doing it takes less than a day to hit lvl 20 for the advanced class change. in fact, your supposed to; rolling alts is the core of C9's long term re-playability.

4 class types, each with 4 advanced classes (when the western version catches up to the korean ver), having 12 character slots is no mistake.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by SaintGraye

It SHOULD be but sadly isn't.  The game is so simplistic and just plain BAD that they'd have to pay ME to play it.  It's like Street Fighter screwed a really poor MMO, with the resulting 'product' losing 100 IQ points along the way. When the designers realised how terribad the product was, they decided to spray the screen with dozens of flashing "Bonus!" windows in order to make even the worst of players think they are a gaming god, then added a cheap cash shop to it so that the aforementioned worst of players can run about looking mega-uber.  It's a tradgedy of a game.  It needs Euthanasia, simply as an act of mercy in order to put it out of its misery.

You can tell I tried it, and quite frankly the download time lasted longer than the playing time.  Actually, the downloading time was more entertaining.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Aion has an accessory only cash shop.  You don't need anything in the cash shop to advance game play wise.

Once again I should like to point out Mabinogi.  It only sells one game advancing item in their cash shop which is a pet and you can buy one for far less that a subscription.

Most important of all - if I want to quit playing C9, Aion, or Mabinogi for two years and come back later I can WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY A SUBSCRIPTION or without having lost my characters.  So long as I remember my password I can pick up from where I left off.  Subscriptions bite.  

I'm playing C9 right now too.

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414

Moved thread to correct forum.

To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
  • aromeroaromero Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by Dibdabs

Originally posted by SaintGraye ...was that intended to be ironic?
    It SHOULD be but sadly isn't.  The game is so simplistic and just plain BAD that they'd have to pay ME to play it.  It's like Street Fighter screwed a really poor MMO, with the resulting 'product' losing 100 IQ points along the way. When the designers realised how terribad the product was, they decided to spray the screen with dozens of flashing "Bonus!" windows in order to make even the worst of players think they are a gaming god, then added a cheap cash shop to it so that the aforementioned worst of players can run about looking mega-uber.  It's a tradgedy of a game.  It needs Euthanasia, simply as an act of mercy in order to put it out of its misery.

You can tell I tried it, and quite frankly the download time lasted longer than the playing time.  Actually, the downloading time was more entertaining.

Quoted for lies.