Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam your timing sucks!

13»

Comments

• dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by joker007mo
    Originally posted by Anireth

The op meant it as a joke, but Steam *does* suck.

I mean, i just started it.. update news pops up "new content available for your game". So i guess Valve decided to gift me Heroes of Might and Magic VI now or what? Now thats a nice move. Oh wait, they don't, they simply are too lazy to check if someone actuall has the game before showing this.

Also, those sales are the only reason ever to buy something on Steam, at least regarding price. It's ridiciously overpriced normally. And even with sales, if a game still costs twice as much in your region then elsewhere, you shouldn't support it, otherwise, they keep doing this.

And don't start with "you should move to x" - Steam is the only shop i know where even the US gets shafted, though it's considerably less then the other regions.

But yeah, nice sales.

yea nice sales but they fail to tell you your games wont be available when you have no internet not even single player games

in order to go into "offline" mode you must be online login check offline mode then your offline oh but restart at all and nope nothin doing and thats restart steam not computer

This is false I can play any of the games that I have gotten from them that are single player games when not connected to the internet.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by kevjards
    Originally posted by Tonin109

why do you say they suck when they give great bagains??

its a joke m8..i hope they keep the bargains coming and good luck to anyone that gets a bargain..also i,m kind of pissed at the timing..if only they did it last week..honestly m8 its meant has a joke.

Well we all know that Steam has 2 big sales every year. One in July and one around Xmas.  If you checked the Steam forums, you would have seen the buzz about the pending Summer sale.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by joker007mo
    Originally posted by Anireth

The op meant it as a joke, but Steam *does* suck.

I mean, i just started it.. update news pops up "new content available for your game". So i guess Valve decided to gift me Heroes of Might and Magic VI now or what? Now thats a nice move. Oh wait, they don't, they simply are too lazy to check if someone actuall has the game before showing this.

Also, those sales are the only reason ever to buy something on Steam, at least regarding price. It's ridiciously overpriced normally. And even with sales, if a game still costs twice as much in your region then elsewhere, you shouldn't support it, otherwise, they keep doing this.

And don't start with "you should move to x" - Steam is the only shop i know where even the US gets shafted, though it's considerably less then the other regions.

But yeah, nice sales.

yea nice sales but they fail to tell you your games wont be available when you have no internet not even single player games

in order to go into "offline" mode you must be online login check offline mode then your offline oh but restart at all and nope nothin doing and thats restart steam not computer

Shut down steam properly by exiting it using the exit button and you wont have that problem.

Originally posted by bartoni33

Yes you are correct, $team does suck!

Since they revoked my Forum rights (yes rights, many times important info on $teamworks games is only on their forums) because of my stance on file sharing I refuse to buy anything from them. They have lost well over $200 actual dollars that I have spent elsewhere (GMG, Impulse, Origin, Gamerkeys) and potential dollars spent during sales like this one. I will NEVER buy from $team. Fuck them straight into the ground.

/rant off

You dont have any rights to post on any forum, they do however have a right to ban you if they choose, no doubt you talked about pirating games and deservingly got banned, i doubt they care if a pirate stops using there service, better off without scum on it

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Originally posted by Tonin109

why do you say they suck when they give great bagains??

its a joke m8..i hope they keep the bargains coming and good luck to anyone that gets a bargain..also i,m kind of pissed at the timing..if only they did it last week..honestly m8 its meant has a joke.

Well we all know that Steam has 2 big sales every year. One in July and one around Xmas.  If you checked the Steam forums, you would have seen the buzz about the pending Summer sale.

well,being kind of new to steam i did'nt know..but i do now lol..a friend just mailed me a present..orcs must die lol..so it looks like i got a shitload of games to play.from witcher 1&2,risen,skyrim,gothic 3 ..the list is endless lol.

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

i love steam for there sales  i bought two worlds 1  when it was last   on sale. and ive  just  bought the 2nd 

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by jpnole

well,being kind of new to steam i did'nt know..but i do now lol..a friend just mailed me a present..orcs must die lol..so it looks like i got a shitload of games to play.from witcher 1&2,risen,skyrim,gothic 3 ..the list is endless lol.

Surrender your wallet.

Resistance is futile.

Your Steam game list will forever expand and the cycle of buying games you will never finish will only continue.

Welcome to gaming hell.

I just look at my steam backlog and I cry. There is just no way I'm going to finish them all.

Worst is that I keep BUYING more.

Frozen Synapse was one of my GOTY last year. But I didn't finish it.

Oh look the DLC is only 2 dollars! BUY!

/facepalm

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.