Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam your timing sucks!

Comments

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

wth, just picked up borderlands for a great price. I couldnt help myself.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

Just bought the Legend of Grimrock for about 9 dollars. Can't wait! Dowloding now.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

I dont mind Steam, it cooks my clams well...

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Heinz130

I dont write on this foruns for long time,i just read,but when i saw this post i quickly loged to join the OP

My experience with steam is not good too,i brought 2 games by steam and found out i cant play them if for some reason i cant conect to the internet,one of the games has a huge bug making impossible to advance from the mid game,too many comands hard to find and use and others just useless

i agree with op,in my opinion steam just sux

Your problem isn't with Steam, its with the publishers of the games you bought.  Steam does not require you to be online to play, there is an offline mode, but some game companies, like Ubisoft, do require a constant internet connection to play.  As for the bug, again, not Steam's fault.  Steam distributes games, it does not make them.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Upcoming sale? --> Alice Madness Returns. Now listed for 50% (€ 24.99), but when I search it (hoping to find the prequel), it sais Alice: Madness Returns is € 12,49. Lets hope it'll drop in price soon ;-)

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Yes you are correct, $team does suck!

Since they revoked my Forum rights (yes rights, many times important info on $teamworks games is only on their forums) because of my stance on file sharing I refuse to buy anything from them. They have lost well over $200 actual dollars that I have spent elsewhere (GMG, Impulse, Origin, Gamerkeys) and potential dollars spent during sales like this one. I will NEVER buy from $team. Fuck them straight into the ground.

/rant off

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Anireth

The op meant it as a joke, but Steam *does* suck.

I mean, i just started it.. update news pops up "new content available for your game". So i guess Valve decided to gift me Heroes of Might and Magic VI now or what? Now thats a nice move. Oh wait, they don't, they simply are too lazy to check if someone actuall has the game before showing this.

Also, those sales are the only reason ever to buy something on Steam, at least regarding price. It's ridiciously overpriced normally. And even with sales, if a game still costs twice as much in your region then elsewhere, you shouldn't support it, otherwise, they keep doing this.

And don't start with "you should move to x" - Steam is the only shop i know where even the US gets shafted, though it's considerably less then the other regions.

But yeah, nice sales.

yea nice sales but they fail to tell you your games wont be available when you have no internet not even single player games

in order to go into "offline" mode you must be online login check offline mode then your offline oh but restart at all and nope nothin doing and thats restart steam not computer

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by kevjards
    Having just forked out £25 for two worlds 2 + expansion i was gutted to look on steam right now and find it on sale with expansion for less than £7 .with just the game tw2 without expansion going for £4.99.goddamnit i feel ripped off but gl to all you guys who want a great game really cheap..there are bargains galore.

Steam offers sales HOW DARE THEY! Almost everyone knew that the summer sale started yesterday by the way. It isn't steams fault that you are out of the loop. Valve is one of my favorite companies and I applaud them for everything they do.

Everyone has some dumb reasons for their hate for steam "OMG STEAM GIFTED ME A GAME?!" "STEAM BANNED ME FROM THE FORUMS FOR TROLLING?!" you guys really need to read what you are typing out...

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Woo, $30 for Skyrim and $7.50 for Borderland GOTY....

Steam, you suck (money out of my bank account).

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Sinaku

Having just forked out £25 for two worlds 2 + expansion i was gutted to look on steam right now and find it on sale with expansion for less than £7 .with just the game tw2 without expansion going for £4.99.goddamnit i feel ripped off but gl to all you guys who want a great game really cheap..there are bargains galore.

Steam offers sales HOW DARE THEY! Almost everyone knew that the summer sale started yesterday by the way. It isn't steams fault that you are out of the loop. Valve is one of my favorite companies and I applaud them for everything they do.

Everyone has some dumb reasons for their hate for steam "OMG STEAM GIFTED ME A GAME?!" "STEAM BANNED ME FROM THE FORUMS FOR TROLLING?!" you guys really need to read what you are typing out...

i think you misread what i meant..i was more pissed off with myself than steam,maybe the title should have been steam your timing sucks.i like steam..if you read my further replies you will see that.up to now i have purchased 6 games off steam and i am more than happy with the service they gave me.what i was pissed about was the fact i paid last week £24 for an item i can get for £7 off the same company..dont tell me you would'nt be pissed a little?

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

This happened to me the first time they had a summer sale lol. 

Me and some friends are hopping on the Day Z bandwagon. One guy already bought Arma 2: CO as soon as the sale started. I am going to be waiting to see if it goes on sale before the 22nd personally. I bet with all the hype itll drop by 50% or more. Sucks missing out though! I've been holding off on buying games since 2 weeks ago lol

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Edited because I noticed the op admitted to be more angry at himself than Steam.  Better luck next time.

imageimage

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Trine 2

Alan Wake

Dead Island

Skyrim

and it's only day 3 of the summer sale....

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Now, now, don't hate on Valve. Nowadays Steam seems to be the only good thing about PC gaming. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Originally posted by bartoni33

Yes you are correct, $team does suck!

Since they revoked my Forum rights (yes rights, many times important info on $teamworks games is only on their forums) because of my stance on file sharing I refuse to buy anything from them. They have lost well over $200 actual dollars that I have spent elsewhere (GMG, Impulse, Origin, Gamerkeys) and potential dollars spent during sales like this one. I will NEVER buy from $team. Fuck them straight into the ground.

/rant off

I'm sure steam can afford people leaving over petty things.

Back on topic Skyrim is at a pretty good price but I have it already I did snag Saints Row Third with all DLC. Only to find there was an FPS issue getting 6 frames a second with DX11 and everything maxed. Checked the forums seen I had one of the motherboards effected so had to flash the BIOS to solve it now getting a steady 90 Frames.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I am managing the Steam sale surprizingly well so far.

Only bought like $20 worth.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

hehehe i know how you feel, ive done that before. Right now TW2+exp is about US$7 but im still waiting. Ill wait a bit more, sometimes they get those game and lower the price up to even 3 bucks the last day of sale. :D

patience is a virtue.... already bought lot of stuff yesterday so imma wait for TW2 to go lower than 7!!!!! rawr

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Witcher 2 on the flash sale, 60% off, probably the lowest it's going to go.  Only for a few more hours :D  Just got it.  Picked up Alan Wake complete last night during the flash sale. 

With these sales...if you see something for 25% off or so, just try to wait and see if it goes daily deal of if you have to time to check, the community vote or flash sale.  May be a lot cheaper! 

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Steam summer sales are always rage worthy lol :)

Last Steam game I purchased was Terrariaaaaa. I wish they added more content to that game, it was fun for all of 2 weeks.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by Sinaku  

Originally posted by kevjards Having just forked out £25 for two worlds 2 + expansion i was gutted to look on steam right now and find it on sale with expansion for less than £7 .with just the game tw2 without expansion going for £4.99.goddamnit i feel ripped off but gl to all you guys who want a great game really cheap..there are bargains galore.
      Steam offers sales HOW DARE THEY! Almost everyone knew that the summer sale started yesterday by the way. It isn't steams fault that you are out of the loop. Valve is one of my favorite companies and I applaud them for everything they do. Everyone has some dumb reasons for their hate for steam "OMG STEAM GIFTED ME A GAME?!" "STEAM BANNED ME FROM THE FORUMS FOR TROLLING?!" you guys really need to read what you are typing out...
    i think you misread what i meant..i was more pissed off with myself than steam,maybe the title should have been steam your timing sucks.i like steam..if you read my further replies you will see that.up to now i have purchased 6 games off steam and i am more than happy with the service they gave me.what i was pissed about was the fact i paid last week £24 for an item i can get for £7 off the same company..dont tell me you would'nt be pissed a little?
    Well then I take back my harsh reply. I have been in the same boat before and was upset with myself. The title and your original post had been a little misleading and put me into fan boy mode for Valve :P also bought 3 games today Arma II included so I can try DayZ mod
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I know, right? Max Payne 3 for $30, doubt it'll go lower than that, couldn't resist. Trying to save money for PC upgrades is out the window for the next week I'm afraid. Sigh.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

As a gamer on an extremely tight budget, I generally only purchase new releases if it's something I'm planning to play with a group of friends. Generally, I just buy games during the Steam sales, since I can come out with five or six titles for the normal price of one or two.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Worstluck

Witcher 2 on the flash sale, 60% off, probably the lowest it's going to go.  Only for a few more hours :D  Just got it.  Picked up Alan Wake complete last night during the flash sale. 

With these sales...if you see something for 25% off or so, just try to wait and see if it goes daily deal of if you have to time to check, the community vote or flash sale.  May be a lot cheaper! 

Yeah, don't buy anything unless it's a daily or flash deal. If the game you want isn't a daily or flash sale, then buy it on the last day.

I've seen a lot of games be 50% off throughout the sale, but daily / flash sales may give 75% off. Plus it's fun to strategize...heh.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Just bought the Legend of Grimrock for about 9 dollars. Can't wait! Dowloding now.

I'm having more fun with this than I thought I would, i'm very eager to see what people create once the editor is released. image

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

oh well after bitching about having to pay £24 for two worlds 2 i bought my nephew the game for  £4,99 and he bought me dead island so  much fun to be had me thinks .both multiplayer i believe