Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Make your voice heard. Dont buy the expansion if.....

...you dont like it. Whether you think it should be Dagobah, Hoth, or something other then Mustafar, shouldnt be yet another advertising attempt, and/or you are tired of them tearing up the continuity. Whatever your reasons, make your voices heard.

You have one. We all do. If you refuse to buy the expansion then you are sending a message to the developers this kind of treatment is unacceptable to you. If enough people refuse to buy it the developers will finally see just what this community is capable of.

For those who want the expansion then more power to you and hope you enjoy it. But for the ones tired of this situation the game is in, now is your chance to stand up and say "NO MORE!!!".

Kai

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Im not buying it

Not because I dont like SWG (I have nothing against the game to the point where I'll stop playing it)

It seems as if the storyline is going backwards now. Im here to play SWG from Battle of Yavin (how it was designed) forward.

I never really cared for the prequels at all. I thought Lucas did a rather bad job at it. Special effects is awesome...storyline...well...anyone could have written that.

The last 20 minutes of the last movie was the only thing that was any good. But like I said...not that I hate the expansion...I just don't want to go backwards with the game (same reason why I will NOT buy rage of the wookies. It's episode III)

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• gunnythokgunnythok Member Posts: 268
    Yes, mustafar....why mustafar?  I for one don't plan on buying this load of shit.  I didn't even buy RotW.  Episode 3 content simply isn't something I care to play with not to mention that the community will be flooded with another wave of non-craftable loot for mission rewards.  Crafters are in an uproar and everybody that liked the previous continuity where jedi were dead and there were no time rifts are growing tired of getting exactly the wrong content.  Oh well, they'll keep pumping out the same fluff until they have nothing but easily entertained ritalin babies left to play their products.
  • ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

I already voted... with my wallet... the game has been cancelled for over a month now. And to make sure they UNDERSTOOD I cancelled my entire all access pass even though I did enjoy EQ2. Not much more I can do than that.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

A poll:

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

HEHE replies from one person who is playing it, well now 2. No $h!+ you guys aren't going to be buying the expansion you aren't playing the game! ROFL anyways I know you guys have points but it won't do any good unless you post on the official forums.

I'm so hooked on EQ2 right now it's hard to put down, but I'll be back to SWG soon, I actually do hope they fix it how Kai and Wepps envision because I see where they're coming from and tend to agree about Jedi, there's soo many of them lol TOO many.

You're wasting your time saying it here though, official forums might actually have some effect on the actual game but by all means blather away here. image

I'll be buying the expansion though, they have said it's for all classes not just Jedi, which to me is obvious but when they say "Jedi will be able to do the quests too" some idiots just say "See! It's a Jedi only expansion!" LOL dear god, it's actually hilarious how some nutjobs take one sentence twist it to their own way of thinking and it becomes mantra.image Love u, bye!

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by anarchyart
    HEHE replies from one person who is playing it, well now 2. No $h!+ you guys aren't going to be buying the expansion you aren't playing the game! ROFL anyways I know you guys have points but it won't do any good unless you post on the official forums.

Exactly how are we supposed to post on the official forums? You can't post on the official forums unless you're subscribing to the game. Duh.

I'm so hooked on EQ2 right now it's hard to put down, but I'll be back to SWG soon, I actually do hope they fix it how Kai and Wepps envision because I see where they're coming from and tend to agree about Jedi, there's soo many of them lol TOO many.

You're wasting your time saying it here though, official forums might actually have some effect on the actual game but by all means blather away here. image

Anyone who doesn't pay for the game can't post on the official forums. If you are paying for the game they ignore you because they think to themselves "Hmm well obviously it's better than they're admitting because they're still paying us to play our game!!!"

And, posting on third party sites isn't a waste of time :) Trust me, the folks at SOE definitely have someone who reads this board and reports back to them. I used to be in the guide program for EQ1 and we regularly checked various quality sites that weren't 'official' specifically because they were more informative than the flame filled garbage on the official forums.

I'll be buying the expansion though, they have said it's for all classes not just Jedi, which to me is obvious but when they say "Jedi will be able to do the quests too" some idiots just say "See! It's a Jedi only expansion!" LOL dear god, it's actually hilarious how some nutjobs take one sentence twist it to their own way of thinking and it becomes mantra.image Love u, bye!

Never said it was a "Jedi only" expansion. Just saying that making it the "Trials of Obi-Wan" increases the perception that this game is about getting a damn Jedi. It ENCOURAGES the "wannabe Jedi" crowd. Something that those of us who have left tend to dissagree with as a philosophy.

No offense Anarchy but you can truely be a 'blinder boy' when you post.

"Post it on the official forums" indeed.... and how, pray tell, do I do that when my subscription is cancelled? HMM?

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Please forgive me but I thought there was a section where you could post on the official forums like a guest place like many other games have, forgive me if I was mistaken. They really should have that, although I'm sure such a section would instantly degenerate into a swathe of pissy rants from ex-players, but that's what moderators are for.

But how much impact do you think people who don't even play the game saying they're not going to buy the expansion is going to have? Is this the solution? Or everyone un-subscribe in some online version of a sit-down strike? If you think it does have an impact on the game then I will agree because I respect your opinion in basically the top 5 of this site. Just sometimes I think people need to move on, know what I mean?

Anyways I apologize, I thought there was some way to post on the official forums without a subscription, at least they should.image

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Please forgive me but I thought there was a section where you could post on the official forums like a guest place like many other games have, forgive me if I was mistaken. They really should have that, although I'm sure such a section would instantly degenerate into a swathe of pissy rants from ex-players, but that's what moderators are for.
    But how much impact do you think people who don't even play the game saying they're not going to buy the expansion is going to have? Is this the solution? Or everyone un-subscribe in some online version of a sit-down strike? If you think it does have an impact on the game then I will agree because I respect your opinion in basically the top 5 of this site. Just sometimes I think people need to move on, know what I mean?
    Anyways I apologize, I thought there was some way to post on the official forums without a subscription, at least they should.image

I have been posting this consistantly on about 15 different forums for SWG. While a few replies were negative like at IGN. Alot more were supportive. All by players who are playing the game.

Kai

I like the way you would change the game, it would be more challenging and true to the vision that SWG:An empire divided sought to be in the first place. Just want you to know that I do have fun playing the game in its present state and that it is entirely playable and fun, especially for the newcomer.

That might not sit well and/or help the way you want the game to be, but it doesn't mean that game isn't fun and enjoyable. That's all I want you to see.

I like the way you would change the game, it would be more challenging and true to the vision that SWG:An empire divided sought to be in the first place. Just want you to know that I do have fun playing the game in its present state and that it is entirely playable and fun, especially for the newcomer.
     That might not sit well and/or help the way you want the game to be, but it doesn't mean that game isn't fun and enjoyable. That's all I want you to see.

If you like and enjoy the game then more power to you. I personally love the game except for jedi. I am sick and tired of them. Everyone has a breaking point. I found mine.

So no worries. If you enjoy it you should play it. I dont enjoy it anymore. The saber swinging yahoos were the final brick in the wall for me.

I want the game to be enjoyable. And I want to see it improved. Some of the things they have done are an improvement. But they are like blind lumberjacks. Sometimes they hit the right tree but usually they just hit air. And its time for a change.

Kai

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

I haven't decided yet. I want to see first what features and goods expansion will contain. If it is full of Jedi stuff and quests that need maxed out Jedi or huge groups, then I am not going to buy it. If it brings something new to JTL, new schematics for crafter, quest that doesn't have artificial difficulty levels, new clothes (yes - my TKM/Swordswoman character definetely needs new look) or for example more item storage - then I might buy it. I don't want to get high level expansion pack - I don't need it. I want average, but intelligence player's fun.

Star Wars world and story are great background for roleplaying and entertaining. I have 9 SW books and 5 SW games, because they were entertaining and good way to use time - but I don't have lightsaber, secret Jedi greeting or storm trooper helmet. For me, Lucas has allways been very bad director and average story teller, but good producer. Star Wars doesn't mean for me much more than just another way to market items for consumers.  It is allways hard to keep my face normal, when I meet SW geeks in game.

I don't care if game is following Star Wars, Star Trek or Babylon 5 storyline. All that matters for me is gameplay and entertaining value. I didn't buy Knights of Republic 1, because it was SW game - I did buy it, because it did have great story, open gameplay and it wasn't too hard but not too easy either. I haven't bought Grand Theft Auto III, because it wouldn't be entertaining for me to play criminal.

I don't think it is good for SWG when background story is destroyed, there is alfa class around, there is artificial difficulty level and gameplay is heading to closed newbiew to Jedi path. But until there comes better MMORPG game with better or equal character customization, housing and player run economy - I am very likely stay in SWG.

Now I am going to head out and buy my Space Rangers 2 copy - it seems to be great fun.

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

Originally posted by Resetgun

I haven't decided yet. I want to see first what features and goods expansion will contain. If it is full of Jedi stuff and quests that need maxed out Jedi or huge groups, then I am not going to buy it. If it brings something new to JTL, new schematics for crafter, quest that doesn't have artificial difficulty levels, new clothes (yes - my TKM/Swordswoman character definetely needs new look) or for example more item storage - then I might buy it. I don't want to get high level expansion pack - I don't need it. I want average, but intelligence player's fun.

There will be nothing new for JTL. They already said that.

Kai

Originally posted by Resetgun

Star Wars world and story are great background for roleplaying and entertaining. I have 9 SW books and 5 SW games, because they were entertaining and good way to use time - but I don't have lightsaber, secret Jedi greeting or storm trooper helmet. For me, Lucas has allways been very bad director and average story teller, but good producer. Star Wars doesn't mean for me much more than just another way to market items for consumers.  It is allways hard to keep my face normal, when I meet SW geeks in game.
    I don't care if game is following Star Wars, Star Trek or Babylon 5 storyline. All that matters for me is gameplay and entertaining value. I didn't buy Knights of Republic 1, because it was SW game - I did buy it, because it did have great story, open gameplay and it wasn't too hard but not too easy either. I haven't bought Grand Theft Auto III, because it wouldn't be entertaining for me to play criminal.
    I don't think it is good for SWG when background story is destroyed, there is alfa class around, there is artificial difficulty level and gameplay is heading to closed newbiew to Jedi path. But until there comes better MMORPG game with better or equal character customization, housing and player run economy - I am very likely stay in SWG.
    Now I am going to head out and buy my Space Rangers 2 copy - it seems to be great fun.

I too enjoy SWG for what it's worth and I don't analyze it as far as story line, I just play it if I have fun and I do, but Star Wars for me is more than just a way for Mattel to sell plastic toys.

Star Wars is for me and will always be about the magic of life and the promise of the future. It encompasses the dreams I had as a child and the possiblities of the universe if we dared to imagine them, and the will of man to overcome chaos and evil and make order from the void. I'm still that 7 year old kid in many ways that waited in a line around the block to see Star Wars in 70mm Dolby sound with my Dad, who is currently dying of cancer.

I don't wanna grow up, at least not enough to see George Lucas as some producer who got lucky and made a few movies. To me he is a visionary, who for a time, took me to a place that existed only in his imagination and pushed me to believe that a farmboy could save the universe in a galaxy far, far away.

I too enjoy SWG for what it's worth and I don't analyze it as far as story line, I just play it if I have fun and I do, but Star Wars for me is more than just a way for Mattel to sell plastic toys.
    Star Wars is for me and will always be about the magic of life and the promise of the future. It encompasses the dreams I had as a child and the possiblities of the universe if we dared to imagine them, and the will of man to overcome chaos and evil and make order from the void. I'm still that 7 year old kid in many ways that waited in a line around the block to see Star Wars in 70mm Dolby sound with my Dad, who is currently dying of cancer.
    I don't wanna grow up, at least not enough to see George Lucas as some producer who got lucky and made a few movies. To me he is a visionary, who for a time, took me to a place that existed only in his imagination and pushed me to believe that a farmboy could save the universe in a galaxy far, far away.

Here is a fun little test. This test will take around 12 hours so make sure you have the free time. It only works if you do it all at once. If you have Ep IV - VI, go watch them. Then come back and play SWG for a couple of hours. After your done come back and tell me if SWG feels even close to Star Wars. Willing to bet you cant. So far no one has been able to. In fact I got 5 people to up and cancel after they did that and I got banned from the official forums for a week. Because you will see just how un-Star Wars the game is.

Kai 

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    I seriously think some of you forget its a game and if its fun and you're enjoying it, so what!!!

Originally posted by grapevine
    I seriously think some of you forget its a game and if its fun and you're enjoying it, so what!!!

It's not a game.

It's THE game.

And given the largest and most well-funded development team in history, it should have been much better.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Better is subjective!!!  Anything can be better, but you'll never make it better for everyone.  You'll have whiners, haters, fanboys and the middle line no matter what.

Its also not "THE" game.  Which really just goes to show how some people loose perspective.

Originally posted by grapevine
    Better is subjective!!!  Anything can be better, but you'll never make it better for everyone.  You'll have whines, haters, fanboys and the middle line no matter what.
    Its also not "THE" game.  Which really just goes to show how some people loose perspective.

It's STAR WARS.

That makes it...THE GAME. :)

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

KOTOR 1 & 2

SW Battlefront 1 & 2

Jedi Knight 1 & 2 & 3

Republic Commando

Rogue Squadron 1 & 2

X-Wing

TIE Fighter

X-Wing vs TIE Fighter

Jedi Academy

SW Empire at War

etc.

I would not call SWG THE Game  (LOL .... and they call ME a fanboi :-)  

have fun

Erillion

And yet, not ONE MMO in that entire list Erillion, while posting on MMORPG.com.

It never ceases to amaze me how far people will go when trying to discredit another poster, but in this case, you are just grasping at straws now, please.

• _kryptonic__kryptonic_ Member Posts: 12
    i was surprised when they announced Mustafar as the new planet , its like a sick joke image
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Errr, and where in the previous posts does it say "MMORPG" instead of "game" ?

And what has this to do with "trying to discredit another poster" ?

The list of SW games intends to show that a SW fan can get his/her SW fix from many different games ... and you can inlcuding the pen and paper roleplaying game too, if you like. And the trading card game. And various board games.

I personally would not call Star Wars Galaxies THE GAME. Not even THE multiplayer game because it WAS possible to play SW multiplayer games with other people before (space fighting simulations and shooters).

Have fun

Erillion

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

I feel sorry for the fans of swg, i really do. Constantly waiting for something that will never come. I played swg for over 3 months "waiting" for the combat upgrade. When it didnt come i started to suspect SOE were going to charge us for it so i cancelled. A 4year old could have done a better job on swg then its current developers. While they are greedy, they arent very smart. SOE doesnt seem to realize a few changes here and there would bring back the majority of their abscent fans in droves.

Originally posted by Erillion

Errr, and where in the previous posts does it say "MMORPG" instead of "game" ?
    And what has this to do with "trying to discredit another poster" ?
    The list of SW games intends to show that a SW fan can get his/her SW fix from many different games ... and you can inlcuding the pen and paper roleplaying game too, if you like. And the trading card game. And various board games.
    I personally would not call Star Wars Galaxies THE GAME. Not even THE multiplayer game because it WAS possible to play SW multiplayer games with other people before (space fighting simulations and shooters).
    Have fun
    Erillion

I dont call it the game. I dont call it a star wars game. Not anymore. Not after what I read today. This game is so UN-Star Wars. Might as well go sell it to Paramount and let them call it Star Trek Online. It would be closer to Star Trek then Star Wars.

I cant wait for someone to actually make a Star Wars MMO. Hope someday they do.

Kai