Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New launcher :(

WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

open your gw2 game , notice the new launcher with email adreess and pass... new update btw 1.4gb

now U CANT press play and enjoy the login screen. since u are forced to login in the launcher (no evente yet so no luck)

1 step back in my book :( , hope we dont just jump to char selection screen like Swtor.... we need a login screen with awesome music while login! (or trying to! hehehe)

Comments

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

I noticed the color code is gone as well. I thought that was a great little feature. I'm not really digging this so far...

• LorelLorel Member UncommonPosts: 45

meh!

You can still patch up without logging in so the new launcher doesn't bother me in anyway whatsoever :P

I never had issues logging in during past beta weekends, so I don't think we will have have to tolerate many log in problems at launch.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774
    Originally posted by Skuall hope we dont just jump to char selection screen like Swtor.... we need a login screen with awesome music while login! (or trying to! hehehe)

agreed

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

It looks like there is a login button on the left and a play button to the right.

I don't know what this means, but it is mindblowing.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

I'm curious what lies beyond launcher after you hit play :O

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by colddog04

It looks like there is a login button on the left and a play button to the right.

I don't know what this means, but it is mindblowing.

Maybe it'll be like in LotRO, you log in, choose a server and then hit "Play" (at least that's what is was like when I played LotRO last time, which admittely was a long time ago).

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• master677master677 Member Posts: 6

This is probably done to address the issue of having to log out and in again just to switch characters.  A step forward I must say

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by master677

This is probably done to address the issue of having to log out and in again just to switch characters.  A step forward I must say

also bear in mind that guild wars has a log in screen too so i bet it will have a at  least flashy log in screen as guild wars does

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

If I try to login I get unknown error -9, which I assume just means there is no login server available.

• nGumbeinGumbei Member Posts: 33

I still like the special log-in screen more .. it is much more feel into it !

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Don't start messing with stuff that was cool already. I will probably go straight to the forums to complain about this before even playing the game.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

If this fixes the inablilty to log out to character select, then I'm all for it.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

I hope it jumps to the GW2 logo as a title screen and then there is a play button to continue to the character screen.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Naevius

If I try to login I get unknown error -9, which I assume just means there is no login server available.

I am also getting this issue. no solutions on google.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• CorrineCorrine Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by DaezAster

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Don't start messing with stuff that was cool already. I will probably go straight to the forums to complain about this before even playing the game.

You would complain about a new launcher? ._.

Originally posted by ZekeAsukura
    Originally posted by DaezAster

You would complain about a new launcher? ._.

Yes though it might sound ridiculous. The color code and music missing bothers me. What bothers me more is it was fine how it was. Don't go messing where you shouldn't be messing. I use a pretty long pass and the color authenticator was great for knowing that your pass is right when having issues logging in. 

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

People... it's a game launcher.  I want to play the game, not the log in screen image

• CorrineCorrine Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by Blitz555

People... it's a game launcher.  I want to play the game, not the log in screen image

I agree, there's still music when you select your server and character custumation and ingame..

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Wow, i wouldnt knock it just yet, lets wait and see whats behind door number 2 when we can log in..

Playing GW2..

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Well I seem to be a player that for some reason mistakes this weekend for beta weekend.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Naevius

cousin said the same thing i agree though it still concerns me

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Why would you want to stare at the old login screen? Seriously? That's pretty obsessive. Sure it was kinda nice, but after you've seen it once what's so special about it.

This way is more efficient.. before we had to press play, it loads, login and it loads to get to character select. Now we just press login, play and it loads.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • LyvinsLyvins Member Posts: 70

[[unknown error:9]] = ppears when one tries to log in (with correct login details) when there is no beta event running.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Will be much better in the long run. It's handy to have your launcher ready to go while you're still busy with some other programs / windows.

+ the issue of having to enter the information again, instead of going to char select.

They can still play the awesome music at the character select :p

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• PuraimaruPuraimaru Member UncommonPosts: 68