Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deafening Silence

dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

I installed Black Prophecy last night.  This is the first time I'm using a flight stick for an mmorpg so I'm a little excited about it.

I didn't get to play very long yet, I spent most of the time downloading, installing and patching so I haven't formed any opinions on the game yet.

The one thing I did notice which was a little disturbing was that I was alone.  There was (literally) no conversations in the chat box.  I didn't see any other people.  I felt like Burgess Meredith in the Twilight Zone episode "Time Enough At Last".

Where is everyone?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
-- Herman Melville

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

wow this game still exists?

I beta tested it but performance as terrible and was the same on release so never really looked back.. i might check it out again tho.

even better that Black Prophecy tactics looks interesting.. ill have to check that out :)

also whats even stranger is that i just opened up my E-Mail after checking that site out again and whats there an E-Mail from them telling me about tactics LOL i didnt even log into my account or anything.. freaky

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

i think the company either has or is on the verge of going bust, i seem to remember the game itself had a lot of issues, so finding nobody on isnt really all that surprising.. about the only really surprising thing is that the game is actually running still, kind of expected it to have shut down by now.image

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Damn.  It's only a year old and there's already talk of closing the doors?

In the short time I played I didn't experience any problems.  The game ran fine but I do have a high end machine so maybe I"m not the best benchmark.

I guess I'll just make the best of it while it lasts.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville